OURS
Omggg new song!! - Printable Version

+- OURS (https://killtheband.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: (https://killtheband.createmybb.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: OURS Recordings (https://killtheband.createmybb.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Omggg new song!! (/showthread.php?tid=1818)

Pages: 1 2

Omggg new song!! - Xxtayce - 12-07-2016

I assume you all got the email just now but omg! "Official" new song!!!

RE: Omggg new song!! - delight - 12-07-2016

Got it! I was even happier to see there's a hint of when we can expect the album Smile

If anyone has an easy way to load the new song to iTunes *please* let me know - for some reason it just won't transfer across the way most mp3 files do. I've been having fun & games trying to figure it out without any luck so far...

RE: Omggg new song!! - blasko66 - 12-07-2016

Thank goodness. . . I can't load it into iTunes either. I fiddled around with it, unblocking, etc, but NOOOOOOOO............ ugh. Damn.

RE: Omggg new song!! - Xxtayce - 12-07-2016

You guys are making me really glad I use Google Play Music instead, honestly.

It just won't load at all, or is there an error message it's giving you?

I'm wondering if, because it's a rough cut track, it's missing some of the meta information that iTunes requires. I'm not near my PC atm to check but if you view the properties of the mp3 and go to "details", if there's any blanks there, that might be the cause of the issue?

ITunes bings as if a file loaded but yet there is nothing. I checked all around in it in case it didn't go right into the Ours collection but it didn't. I removed a "block" on the file but I'm not sure what else needs to happen.

I can't edit this section which is blank. Is this the missing info you mean?

RE: Omggg new song!! - eveofabyss - 12-07-2016

Yeah, I wasn't able to import it into iTunes either. What I ended up doing is playing the track in-browser from the email, and recording the audio with Audacity. Then saving that file as an mp3, and importing into iTunes. Long process, but it got the job done.

RE:  Omggg new song!! - delight - 12-07-2016

Xxtayce Wrote:It just won't load at all, or is there an error message it's giving you?

Once I go File>Add file to library>select file in "downloads" folder & click "open" >iTunes opens but the file isn't added.

Xxtayce Wrote:I'm wondering if, because it's a rough cut track, it's missing some of the meta information that iTunes requires. I'm not near my PC atm to check but if you view the properties of the mp3 and go to "details", if there's any blanks there, that might be the cause of the issue?

Your theory is exactly the premise I had in mind! (And I have no idea about this sort of thing). I'm on a mac (don't hate me!) but "get info" doesn't allow me to edit anything.

Selecting the file & selecting "open with> iTunes leads to iTunes opening but nothing happening.

I've used a crude work-around which was playing it in Quicktime & recording the file directly from that app using Audio Hijack. While Audio Hijack is a brilliant app I wouldn't recommend spending all that just to do one track - though the demo might just give you long enough to get the job done (I think the demo gives 10 mins free recording). The file I've ended up with via this workaround is only 159kbps, just to give you an idea.

I'm still very interested to hear whether anyone finds a way to import the file direct to iTunes. That's obviously the ideal solution.

RE: Omggg new song!! - jlatham - 12-09-2016

How did everyone receive the new song? I didn't get an email.

RE:  Omggg new song!! - delight - 12-09-2016

jlatham Wrote:How did everyone receive the new song? I didn't get an email.

It came via email. Do you normally get their emails - the ones about upcoming shows? Did you check your spam filter? Do you have other email addresses it could have gone to?

RE: Omggg new song!! - jlatham - 12-09-2016

Yes, I get all the emails about upcoming shows. The last one I got was in October about a Baltimore show.

RE: Omggg new song!! - delight - 12-09-2016

Ok. PM me your email address & I'll forward you the email Smile

RE: Omggg new song!! - SoundscapeMN - 12-11-2016

I guess another case where I'm glad I don't use iTunes.

No problems with downloading it.

Here's a live version of Don't Lose Yourself:

RE: Omggg new song!! - jlatham - 12-11-2016

The file is corrupted. I got it to work in google via firefox and it didn't work. Tried converting it to another format and it didn't work. Good song though!

RE: Omggg new song!! - luciddream71 - 01-12-2017

I just use the flac version. iTunes plays it no problem and I have it on my phone as well

RE: Omggg new song!! - Xxtayce - 04-03-2017

Hi guys,

Sorry, I somehow forgot to subscribe to this thread so I completely missed all responses. How did you get the FLAC version? I think the email only had the MP3?

I can get it to play fine on my phone and PC now after adding the MP3 metatag info, but it won't play on the USB in my car still. Ah, well. Better than nothing, I guess?

RE: Omggg new song!! - delight - 04-10-2017

Xxtayce: my email only had an mp3 attachment. No FLAC. If there was a FLAC file it would all be sweet as. I did reach out to Ours & they suggested saving the WAV file...which would have been great if the email had a WAV file attached.

I would love a FLAC or WAV file if anyone has one. Otherwise I'll just wait until the album is out in June, which isn't too bad a wait.

RE: Omggg new song!! - Sippe - 04-24-2017

Just found this song titled "Every Time". Anyone got any info on it?

https://m.vk.com/wall245016395_422?from=search/Jimmy+Gnecco

RE:  Omggg new song!! - powernoize - 04-24-2017

Sippe Wrote:Just found this song titled "Every Time". Anyone got any info on it?

https://m.vk.com/wall245016395_422?from=search/Jimmy+Gnecco

It was a bonus, exclusive track to The Heart deluxe edition, available only through Jimmy's website.

RE: Omggg new song!! - Sippe - 04-24-2017

Interesting! I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere! I'm pretty sure I even bought the deluxe version. Actually maybe that was The Heart X. Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply!