OURS
omg. . . sampler!!! - Printable Version

+- OURS (https://killtheband.createmybb.com)
+-- Forum: (https://killtheband.createmybb.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: OURS Recordings (https://killtheband.createmybb.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: omg. . . sampler!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1823)

Pages: 1 2

omg. . . sampler!!! - blasko66 - 06-12-2017

3 new songs!

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - jade - 06-12-2017

Yep. I got the download code today, and I love all three. This album is going to be fantastic.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - eveofabyss - 06-12-2017

Ahhhh, my wife and I are having conniptions over these three songs. They're so good! Like, it feels soooo damn good to hear them again. "Slipping Away" is a gotdaym monster! I'm so hyped. So freakin' hyped.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - jlatham - 06-12-2017

What did you guys receive? Does it include any information about where to preorder the album?

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - eveofabyss - 06-13-2017

No, the email detailed plans for the record release show, as well as giving a code to download a three-song sampler (that was given out to all Black Card holders, I believe). Because the album will not actually be coming out on the date of the record release show, the band are releasing this little preview instead, in the meantime. I didn't see any mention of pre-ordering, which made me think this was only sent out to people who already pre-ordered, but I might be wrong. The sampler was made downloadable via Bandcamp (it's hidden though, so can't be searched for and bought), so that makes me think when the album does come out, the band may make it available through Bandcamp.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - SoundscapeMN - 06-13-2017

good conclusion eyeofabyss.

Yes, these songs are fantastic.. "Across the Clouds" is mesmerizing. Reminded me a little of a band I like called Major Parkinson in a way.

I wonder if the reason no details including a preorder, have not come is per that Release show. Jimmy wanted the album to be available 1st those who attended it.

If it is a Bandcamp exclusive or even just initially per Bandcamp, we may not get any of the info about the album until the 27th when it is released.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - Sippe - 06-13-2017

So...album will be delayed Sad

Not a huge deal to Ours fans who went through the messy release of Mercy I guess. It can't be delayed that much.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - SoundscapeMN - 06-14-2017

yeah I just read the updated email.

40 songs considered, narrowed down to 20.

man, I wonder what may or may not make it, and if any of the old stuff is being considered.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - Sippe - 06-15-2017

Does anyone know if they've had a drummer this time around or if Jimmy has been doing that this time as well?

RE:  omg. . . sampler!!! - jade - 06-15-2017

SoundscapeMN Wrote:I wonder if the reason no details including a preorder, have not come is per that Release show. Jimmy wanted the album to be available 1st those who attended it.

This album did have a pre-order, correct? I still have an old confirmation receipt for a signed CD, but it was a few years ago.

RE:  omg. . . sampler!!! - jade - 06-15-2017

Sippe Wrote:Does anyone know if they've had a drummer this time around or if Jimmy has been doing that this time as well?

I don't know about a drummer, but if that's Chris on bass, he's amazing.

RE:   omg. . . sampler!!! - eveofabyss - 06-15-2017

jade Wrote:
SoundscapeMN Wrote:I wonder if the reason no details including a preorder, have not come is per that Release show. Jimmy wanted the album to be available 1st those who attended it.

This album did have a pre-order, correct? I still have an old confirmation receipt for a signed CD, but it was a few years ago.

Yeah, there was a pre-order back in 2015, but I don't think the option exists currently.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - luciddream71 - 06-15-2017

I can't wait!!! Unfortunately the record release party is not happening for me, I'm in MA and work late tomorrow!! Man I wish I could get a hold of the sampler. Either way, hope someone records tomorrow as I'm dying for new material.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - SoundscapeMN - 06-17-2017

if there was a Preorder, I either didn't do it for some odd reason, or never saw anything about it.

I am assuming the only reason I am getting the emails about this stuff is because I'm a black card holder. But if there was a Preorder, the details about that I think have been taken down because I can't find anything about it.

I mean I remember at 1 point in 2016 I think it was, or it may have been like in the Summer of 2015, Jimmy said either in an interview, online or possibly in 1 of those streams about the album was anticipated to come out early the next year, possibly even January. But after that, I never saw any specifics about it, until when the announcement was made with the album title early this year.

I mean I can check my Blog's history, but chances are if there was a Preorder, I would have posted and linked it in there. But if not, i'm very puzzled as to how there was one, and why I wasn't made aware of it and/or wouldn't have done it.

edit: it was in April 2015
http://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2015/04/ours-special-limited-quantity-new-album.html

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - blasko66 - 06-18-2017

I believe the preorder was an Ours Limited item only:
http://www.ours.net/store/product/pre-order-ours-new-cd-only-300/
I don't recall seeing it listed elsewhere, which would explain it.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - Sippe - 06-18-2017

I really, really hope there will be another shot of something like that. I mean I'd love to buy it just for the documentary.

RE:  omg. . . sampler!!! - blasko66 - 06-20-2017

Sippe Wrote:I really, really hope there will be another shot of something like that. I mean I'd love to buy it just for the documentary.

I'd hope so too but I also wanted the black card to come back and that didn't happen so. . . but I'd bet that they at least re-release this. They could definitely do another Ours Limited and have the documentary as a separate DVD. There would still be interest. I hope they can tour more extensively soon as well.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - Sippe - 06-25-2017

Okay so the three songs.

Need to listen to the songs a few more times to form an opinion, but it's sad to see another album of Jimmy's showing great potential but (based on this sample), let down by the production. Clipping all over the place (especially in Don't Lose Yourself) which makes the busy parts sound very muddy, and the guitars once again sound like they were recorded in a barrel. Actually sounds like it's lined directly into the computer.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - Firelight - 06-25-2017

Labels keep screwing them over, and the fans weren't happy with the crowdfunding, so they're going on their own. They are not a wealthy band, so they don't have the funding to get this done by professionals with better equipment. I'm pretty sure they are doing the mixing and production themselves in their studio.

At this time, the priority is to get the music recorded, and out to the fans. Personally, I'd rather have new stuff, and go see it live than nothing.

There is a sense that Ours is nearly done. I mean over. I mean no more band. There are over 100 songs they want to record before that happens, and they can't afford to do it any other way.

RE: omg. . . sampler!!! - luciddream71 - 06-26-2017

YYYyeeeeahhhhh...This album is gonna be awesome. Production or not...I'm excited about the feeling of this album