Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Rox 9/29/08
Sweetie, please take your time and don't stress this.

And by the way, how realistic is it to, say, go to a Indie label or studio and show them the original tape and the finished product and say, "Look what I can do. Hire me"?
Smile

unrealistic Smile

I can offer services if they need it, but its best to show that your audio restoration process is either the focus of your business, or part of a larger mastering/production/mixing house. My business is more focused on Music production, but I'm trying to incorporate more sound design and audio production elements, so possibly soon. this will go in the portfolio Smile (it was mostly a project to help me learn better and quicker ways to do things, which I did, and still am getting newer and more ideas)
today is crazier than I thought Sad, but it sounds great last I listened Tongue

I'm done with the tweaking out on it (I kept going back and fixing things), just the re-splitting and labeling and uploading now.
which means it wont get dont tonight, since I have to go make some money peddling booze
Done.

Encoding to MP3 as I type. Then uploading those to someplace for some of you to grab then you guys can share via Rapid Share or whatever floats Smile

I'm going to send the lossless to Viol&Delish and we're gonna figure out where to put that.

I'll make a new post in the recordings forum when its finished uploading. I may put a "comparison" mp3 up first for you guys to hear the difference and see if its worth Dloading.
Uploading now to Megashare. Link in the morning when its done

in the meantime a little idea of the cleaning that went on

http://www.brokenbydefault.net/KTB/CompareEdits.mp3

First you hear the original, then the edited version of two different songs.

two things that show the basics of what went on. I heard you singing, had a lot of "wooos" in the beginning, I was able to remove those completely, with little to no degradation. Sometimes had alot more going on, and I could only minimize it and keep it under control.

I didn't do too much EQ. I tried to keep it fairly similar in sound. Personally I would have went more stylized with verb and maybe some more bass, but it was kinda overkill Smile
Woot, you're the best bxdash. Smile

Can't wait to hear it! Smile