Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The LAST EPISODE of my radio show - EVER this Friday 5/8 from 1 to 4pm ET
That's it folks - this Friday is the last episode. We're going to try to sign up during Finals week to get 1 more show in before we skip town, but for now, programming ends this week.

If you tune in regularly you know that we start each and every show with a sound clip that has the lyrics "We live like penguins in the desert, why can't we live like tribes?" which is from the song Triangle by Dredg.

Well for the last show I made a sound clip of allllllllllllll the celebrity station IDs we've acquired for our show these past few years set to the background music of Triangle - which is how we will start our final show (new soundbite!)

This one minute and thirty second audio clip sums up the proudest 3 years of my life:

http://www.imeem.com/penguinsinthedesert...with-musi/

Thank you guys so much for your support and I hope you get the chance to tune in. We've been breaking online listening records this ENTIRE semester and I hope we can go out with a bang and do that one last time too.

here's how to tune in:

http://whrwfm.org/listenlive.php

My sister is at the control board from 1 to 2:30pm and I am at the reigns from 2:30pm to 4pm.

[Image: 2844_616801457852_8110038_36326100_1219696_n.jpg]
I won't be able to stream it live, but perhaps I can try calling you up tomorrow afternoon just to say hello/goodbye, etc. Best of luck!
Aww, I loved the intro, nice job.

I'll be tuning in tomorrow, congratulations!

And I love that you led it off with Jimmy. Smile
SarahBeth Wrote:Aww, I loved the intro, nice job.

Thanks guys!

I figured I'd sandwich it with the most important SIs (personally to us) with the beginning and the end!

Jimmy was the first interview we did! And it was a dream of mine to get a sound bite from him so it was so rewarding to have done that.
Fiasco! Wrote:
SarahBeth Wrote:Aww, I loved the intro, nice job.

Thanks guys!

I figured I'd sandwich it with the most important SIs (personally to us) with the beginning and the end!

Jimmy was the first interview we did! And it was a dream of mine to get a sound bite from him so it was so rewarding to have done that.

I think its friggan awesome that you got a soundbite from Jimmy. AND that you got to interview him. Did you post that interview somewhere?
Yes the interview has been posted on the myspace page in the INTERVIEWS playlist, was linked on Ours-Online and made for download from Kill The Band

Here is the direct link:
http://www.imeem.com/penguinsinthedesert...cco-12707/

I'm wearing my Ours shirt today Wink

Fiasco! Wrote:Yes the interview has been posted on the myspace page in the INTERVIEWS playlist, was linked on Ours-Online and made for download from Kill The Band  

Here is the direct link:
http://www.imeem.com/penguinsinthedesert...cco-12707/

I'm wearing my Ours shirt today Wink

Nice, I'll have to check it out. Smile

And yay for your Ours shirt (I've been living in my hoodie that I bought last November. I Adore it).

ETA: I actually enjoy the girl who is on right before you - Mix & Match I think it is? She plays some interesting stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  playing a show, they mention Jimmy in the nicest compliment. bxdash 2 1,901 08-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bxdash
  I have a live radio webcast. Stars Die 11 1,151 12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Last Post: bxdash
  Penguins in the Desert (my radio show) returns for Fall 2008! Fiasco! 2 503 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Fiasco!
  Jeff Buckley Tribute Show - Want To Participate? toolerawk 7 861 06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Listen to my radio show! Fiasco! 26 3,192 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Fiasco!
  Internet Radio Day of Silence SoundscapeMN 0 541 06-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN