Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
past vocal ranges
i think i might be crucified for this but the other week i was diggin in the creates of old music i listened to growing up and something hit me.
an artist i listened to very much growing up that had a vocal impact on me almost like the one i got from Jimmy. i am talking about Skid Row's Sebastian Bach. Now i know know, i am currently NOT a Skid Row fan nor do bump their jams BUT! this i gotta say, Their track Wasted Time from Slave to The Grind, i have been playing that track in the past few days and i must say it has not lost it's affect on me as well as Sebastian's vocal range.
I feel this is like the only place i can come to with this recent comparison. Just give it a listen, studio version or this live show performance.
i am not trying to resurrect any kind of Skid Row following and the history lesson ends there with that song.
Someone tell me i am not alone on this random ramble!

anyone else have some comparisons from thew past to Jimmy's voice or Ours music?
i thought maybe you were crazy dave, but i just checked out the vid and i think i agree with you. he def has some range! also, this is not the skid row i remember from my youth. i was never a fan but i am liking this song
it is amazing what new artists can do to old music!
for real, i knew i was daring with this post, but his vocals were amazing, and that song is great,
the song was written about steven adler. During his last days with GNR.
i am pretty sure that is a fact!
Oh man! I used to love Skid Row when I was 16. "Wasted Time" was my favourite song by them, but I completely forgot about it until now! Thanks for posting the video and the reminder!

P.S.I didn't know that's what it was about...so cool!
OK, I can't hate on Sebastian Bach because . . . coolest name ever.

Also? He did a tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, and he got great reviews. So there you go.
I've always thought that Bach had a great voice, but he's always been one of the biggest d-bags in rock.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:but he's always been one of the biggest d-bags in rock.

Dime bag? It doesn't surprise me that Bach smokes weed. What a douche bag.
Trathena Wrote:
thisotherkingdom Wrote:but he's always been one of the biggest d-bags in rock.

Dime bag? It doesn't surprise me that Bach smokes weed. What a douche bag.

Har har.
Smile

I did a cover of 18 and life at the RDL show with Jimmy and Static. Last song in the set, got back stage and jimmy was singing the en of the tune again lovin it. Not the most surreal rock n roll moment of my life. thats reserved for a Geoff Tate and Rob Halford story.

I've heard mixed things about Bach. I think it probably really depends on what his mood is like. Catch him on a good day, best friend... bad day, dick...

BTW, I posted the 18 and life vid a while back but heres the self promo link again.

Ive retired this song now though. Its just an easy way to wreck my voice if I'm not feeling hot.

dude your voice is fucking amazing. how do you scream like that and then manage to keep on singing afterweerrrdz?
thanks!

I dunno. To be honest, it was just something I could always do.... but may not always be able to. It does take good upkeep o your voice to always be able to do i effortlessly... and I havent really been the model example :/