Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Festival Hall
Silke, thank you for all of your updates and posts. I'm thrilled you got to see him so often.
It was very exciting for me to see him stroll out with his very familiar black and white acoustic guitar.

People seemed to be more responsive after The Heart. From then on he got bigger applause.

It was a really great performance, although Jimmy seemed daunted by being in London and playing to ppl who didn't know his music.

He spoke about Ours and gave a brief history of the band.

He dedicated I heard you singing to Jeff and Michael Jackson.

I wish I knew he was by the Merch stand straight after his set. I didnt get to speak with him tonight. Hope I will tomorrow. I hope the set is longer tomorrow too.
silke Wrote:OK, here we go ! I left this time before Mark Lanegan & Greg Dulli - twice was already enough for me. I left the hall immediately after Jimmys set was done and waited. He signed posters and CDs on the merch booth and after everyone was happy I wanted to say Goodbye as this was my last evening. Had a little talk about the Hamburg gig and other stuff and that I hope he'll come back soon.

The setlist was no surprise :

- Light on the grave
- Mystery
- The Heart
- Bring you home
- I heard you singing
- Fallen Souls

The acoustic of this venue was really brilliant. And Jimmy was too, even though I could recognize his voice sounded a bit tired. But all in all a brilliant gig and I'm happy I made the trip to London.
Even though I could cry that I can't see him tomorrow. Seems like this will be my last report for a while.

never fear, my friend- there is always another show in the future. jimmy plans on playing for the next 30 years or so! ; )

thanks again for sharing- sounds like a fabulous time was had by all!
JackMartinEF Wrote:It was very exciting for me to see him stroll out with his very familiar black and white acoustic guitar.

People seemed to be more responsive after The Heart. From then on he got bigger applause.

It was a really great performance, although Jimmy seemed daunted by being in London and playing to ppl who didn't know his music.

He spoke about Ours and gave a brief history of the band.

He dedicated I heard you singing to Jeff and Michael Jackson.

I wish I knew he was by the Merch stand straight after his set. I didnt get to speak with him tonight. Hope I will tomorrow. I hope the set is longer tomorrow too.

thanks for the fabulous review!! yeah, i think you can bet that tomorrow night's set will be longer since he is headlining.
starlit Wrote:never fear, my friend- there is always another show in the future.  jimmy plans on playing for the next 30 years or so! ; )

thanks again for sharing- sounds like a fabulous time was had by all!

Yes starlit - and if he does it with the same frequenzy in Europe as he did before, at least I can come and see him with the other ladies from the nursing home ;-)

But I'm all positive.
Woo thanks for the set list, wow, he played Fallen Souls :O I hope that went down well. His gig tonight. I can't wait!
inn Wrote:Woo thanks for the set list, wow, he played Fallen Souls :O I hope that went down well. His gig tonight. I can't wait!

Let me describe the venue. It is a very modern, very big theatre. It is all seated with a balcony and viewing boxes, as well as the front stalls (were I was). The music there is usually not heavy or rocky. So I wasn't sure how Jimmy would go down, but the two songs he started with are mellower. But like I said, when he played the more upbeat "The Heart", the applause was noticably bigger, and  I felt like he won a lot of ppl over with that song.

He introduced Fallen Souls as something to let us know what he did with the band, and it went down well. I'm sure some ppl didn't like it and others did and he got a big applause. It is hard to know how it went down, and to you guys it is hard to describe how American Jimmy's music sounds to British people.

He also said it was a pleasure to play in London/England and he had wanted to for a long time. He thanked Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli for being the ones to bring him over here. He also said I hoped to come back with Ours (fingers crossed).

I can't remember anything else, except he was wearing this jacket http://www.fazermagazine.com/wp-content/...ghts20.jpg
silke Wrote:OK, here we go ! I left this time before Mark Lanegan & Greg Dulli - twice was already enough for me. I left the hall immediately after Jimmys set was done and waited. He signed posters and CDs on the merch booth and after everyone was happy I wanted to say Goodbye as this was my last evening. Had a little talk about the Hamburg gig and other stuff and that I hope he'll come back soon.

The setlist was no surprise :

- Light on the grave
- Mystery
- The Heart
- Bring you home
- I heard you singing
- Fallen Souls

The acoustic of this venue was really brilliant. And Jimmy was too, even though I could recognize his voice sounded a bit tired. But all in all a brilliant gig and I'm happy I made the trip to London.
Even though I could cry that I can't see him tomorrow. Seems like this will be my last report for a while.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us from the last few shows. I'm sure you'll get a chance to see him again. And god, I LOVE Mystery.

And that jacket he was wearing? Kinda hoping it'll be making an appearance over here too. Wink
SarahBeth Wrote:Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us from the last few shows. I'm sure you'll get a chance to see him again. And god, I LOVE Mystery.

And that jacket he was wearing? Kinda hoping it'll be making an appearance over here too. Wink

Mystery is really a great song. But I love them all depending on my mood. That's why I couldn't decide to ask him to play a special song. I'm sitting at London Heathrow now, waiting for my plane ..... can't believe I miss tonights show......
Hope he or they can make it back soon (any NIN fans here - then you know that soon is a nasty word).

By the way, I'm not sure if it was really that jacket, locked like a leather jacket, but when I met him afterwards he didn't wear it anymore. In Germany he was wearing a Hoodie all the time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denver, Colorado 8/27/16 Globe Hall jlatham 1 1,360 08-29-2016, 02:05 AM
Last Post: starlit
  webster hall 7.20.12 bigstrongcable 6 866 08-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Fiasco!
  Studio at Webster Hall 7/17/11 SarahBeth 11 1,790 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Last Post: redjez
  Pygmalion Music Festival, Sept. 25, 2010 jade 1 635 10-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Anti-Pop Festival, Orlando, Nov. 11-14 Trathena 33 3,633 11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Last Post: redjez