Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On The Rox 9/29/08 Remaster
Link at the bottom.

Here's the Read Me file:

OK. This Show was Taped by violentndelicious at "On The Rox" on Sept 29th 2008. Its a fine recording as is. In fact it has a more intimate sound than the Audio in this release. If you can get your hands on it do it! Check www.killtheband.com

This Version of the recording has been Edited by me, to reduce audience intrusiveness in the recording, and generally clean it up for a smoother listening experience. I was at the original show, the crowd got drunker and we all had a blast (thats me screaming Bon Jovi), but sometimes it gets annoying when listening to it back, so I tried to remove it where I could, and minimize it in other places. Ultimately the new "Master" is less intimate sounding than the original recordings, but has a smoother "Feel" from song to song.

I also separated "talking" parts, where Jimmy talked to the crowd, and "songs". Trying my best to label them accordingly, and to keep them as separated as possible, but there are areas where the crowd cheers felt better to be placed at the end of the track.

I feel I could have done better, as there are places that still bother me, and the overall mix could use some bass, but I kind of wanted to keep the EQing fairly "neutral". Plus I only did this "here and there" over time, and then blew through it near the end, to get it done. Turn up your bass EQ around 200 if you want more.

The Track Listing is in order as Follows:

IntroTalk
RestYourSoul
StayingSoberTalk
Mystery
ABunchOfYouKnowTalk
IHeardYouSinging
ChalkItUpAsHumanTalk
Dizzy
IDidItToMyselfTalk
Darling
TitsTalk
HereIsTheLight
FuckItAirConditioningTalk
LoveStreetTease
Bleed
BestSongEverWrittenTalk
Crying
LateGreatAmazingTalk
RedColoredStars
ThatHurtTalk
Medication
SortingOutStuffTalk
AveMaria
TakingAShotTalk
BraceYourself
ThoughtIUnderstoodTalk
JoviTalk
BohemianRhapsody
Monster
JimmyForPrezTalk
Edelweiss
MeetMeInTheTower
AirSupplyTalk
Miseryhead
LindaPerry
ISeeThemGo
ASecretTalk
Gravity
ItsSoAmazingTalk
WorstThingsBeautiful
HappyBdayJimmy
TheManyPeopleInMyHeadTalk
DraculasBride
MyShortTermIsGoingTalk
Chapter2
CryMeARiverFun
BenTease
StayHereAndKeepDrinkingTalk
JustLikeHeaven
TakeOnMe
ThatGoodAndNotStupidTalk
Sometimes
LightYourselfOnFireTalk
Willing
SomeoneToDieForTease
HallelujahTease
CousinsWeddingTalk
KillTheBand
Murder
ThankYouTalk

Thats !!!SIXTY!!! Audio Files

plus a bonus mp3 to show some quick differences between the original recording, and the new edits, labeled: "CompareEdits"

Happy Listening! and if you liked this, buy all the OURS music you can get, and Jimmy's solo record (due in 2010 Check www.brightantenna.com).

If you want to support me while you're at it. Check out my Myspace pages and buy anything I'm selling... if I'm selling (new stuff due in early 2010)

www.myspace.com/nothingbutashs
www.myspace.com/brokenbydefault

-Ash

Download it HERE
Thanks so much for editing Bxdash !
I have the original version and I like it a lot, but when on the road in the car, I sometimes wished i had an edited version :-) and from what I heard so far you did a great job.
The original version is indeed, great, as Silke says, but I am thrilled to have this.

Thank you, thank you! I love you, Ash!
Hey glad you guys will get use out of it! Smile I really wanted to o a little hotter on the overall mix. I have a mix of IHYS that I fiddled with a while back thats way hotter, and compressed. sounds great, but ultimately listening all the way through this show with a mix like that would probably end up fatiguing.

I can't believe there are 60 tracks... No wonder it seemed to never end...

I like the original alot too, another reason I didn't go overboard on the overall sound. I wanted to keep what I could of the intimacy it had, just less of the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and less boom.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!

I also opted to leave drunk girl in in Tower. I tried cutting it out but the "making a scene" part just was always going to be there a little bit, so I just let it be immortalized

Thanks for this! Is there any chance you can upload it as a zip file instead of an rar? I can't open an rar on my computer. Smile

Here it is as a zip file

Thank you Ash. Now if only I could get you to start cleaning up the 25+ ASHES dIVIDE shows I have recorded haha.

I don't need any support myself, just everyone please let the initial recording be a reminder to be conscious of those around you next time you attend a show (Ours/Jimmy or otherwise). You never know when you could be standing next to a taper and ruining a recording with your outbursts Wink

Feel free to let me know if you have any issues with the file or would like it in another format. Since i don't visit this forum often I can be reached anytime on AIM under username brokenpele
violentndelicious Wrote:Here it is as a zip file

Thank you Ash. Now if only I could get you to start cleaning up the 25+ ASHES dIVIDE shows I have recorded haha.

I don't need any support myself, just everyone please let the initial recording be a reminder to be conscious of those around you next time you attend a show (Ours/Jimmy or otherwise). You never know when you could be standing next to a taper and ruining a recording with your outbursts Wink

Feel free to let me know if you have any issues with the file or would like it in another format. Since i don't visit this forum often I can be reached anytime on AIM under username brokenpele

Awesome! Thanks! I'm gonna take my link to the file down now and edit the above post You're awesome for taping in the first place girlo! and we'll talk about ASHES dIVIDE stuff ;P

Ash, thank you so much for doing this. I really appreciate it and I can't wait to listen. Smile
awesome, thanks for this, time to number em all up now