Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 tour
I saw the damage at Ultra Lounge. I don't know what it looks like on the inside, but the outside is bad. The sign on the roof fell off and there is broken, crumbled cement everywhere.

I don't know when this happened, but it happened late enough that I had already hauled my butt to Chicago, not knowing that the show had been canceled. :Confusedadtrombone::
The Chicago show has been rescheduled for Thursday August 2nd at Ultra Lounge. Wee!
jade Wrote:The Chicago show has been rescheduled for Thursday August 2nd at Ultra Lounge. Wee!

YAY!!!! SO happy for ya!
Dizzy from last night in St. Louis. He also sang Kill the Band, along with the setlist he's been singing. Also, the black tank top has returned.

Anyone have the Chicago setlist?
jlatham Wrote:Anyone have the Chicago setlist?

Willing
Miseryhead
Drowning
Devil
Murder
Black
Ran Away to Tell the World
Bells
Kill the Band
Saint
Sing for Me
Sometimes
Get 'em Out
Fallen Souls

It was a fantastic show.
This review describes the Chicago show better than I ever could. Including the great opening band.

Review
jade Wrote:This review describes the Chicago show better than I ever could. Including the great opening band.

Review

wow, nice piece! thx for posting this and the set list. i can't wait for this week's shows! HAPPY DANCE!
Just wanted to stop in and say the Denver show this week was incredible. Full version of Drowning including the reprise and Saint. Two of my favorites!
Saw them in Portland last night. Amaaaaaazing. Their set started strong with 'Willing', and they kept the crowd riveted the whole time. I gotta say, the new songs, 'Sing' and 'Get Em Out', are ridiculously catchy. Only heard them once each but they're already stuck in my head.

Also, talking with Jimmy afterwards backstage (thanks, Black Card!), he mentioned how Portland was one of the better crowds of the tour. So, that was good to know.

Awesome show, and an experience without equal being able to meet the guys and chill backstage for a bit.

On a related note, I make beaded jewelry as a hobby, and like making bracelets for my favorite bands/artists that come through, so I made one for Jimmy and gave it to him last night. He dug it, which (as an SNL parody of Nicholas Cage would say) is high praise.

[Image: 575978_783975709651_407293418_n.jpg]
Great fucking show in Austin!! Nice change of venue from the usual inside of Stubb's to Emo's [east]. Little less intimate but felt like more people showed up for this show than the last few Ours/Gnecco shows...plus the sound at Emo's is fantastic. Setlist was the same as most of this tour and energy was through the roof. Jimmy said he was feeling down during the show and said he needed a hug, had a couple people come up on stage for a hug and then followed it with tequila shots. His spirits definitely looked to be lifted through the rest of the night. The band was joined by Race for the Kill The Band encore. Jimmy was especially chatty during meet and greet and talked with a group of us until the venue was ready to close. I could ramble on about it but I'll save some time. Have some videos of most the show, but I think most my videos are too shaky to put up.
For anyone planning to go to the New Orleans show, here is an announcement from Ours & Jimmy on Facebook :

"Ours Urgent Announcement for August 27, 2012:

The Ours show tonight in New Orleans has been postponed due to Hurricane Isaac nearing the area. A state of emergency was declared this morning by Louisiana Governor Jindal. For the safety of the band and their fans, Ours are avoiding the Gulf Coast and low lying areas. If you purchased tickets for the August 27th show at Parish at House of Blues, the promoter Live Nation will be responsible for issuing ticket refunds at the point of purchase or honor tickets for any Ours concert re-scheduled in the future. Thank you for your understanding and we hope all our fans living in the New Orleans area will remain safe and sound – we will see you again under better conditions. Ours next and final show of the ‘Ballet the Boxer’ Tour (Round 2) will be in Atlanta tomorrow-August 28, 2012 at The Earl."

The show is cancelled for now. Stay safe everyone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new tour! blasko66 0 214 01-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  the tour is here! blasko66 0 218 06-16-2021, 03:32 PM
  August 2016 Tour SarahBeth 17 2,383 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: starlit
  summer tour!!!!!!!!! starlit 1 921 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM
  Indy - Birdy's - June 2, 2012 jade 20 3,921 08-19-2014, 08:04 AM
  Spring Tour, 2014 jade 7 961 05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jade
  2012 tour with peter murphy!!! starlit 30 3,472 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Last Post: jade
  round 2: more 2012 tour dates! starlit 0 899 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Make up NYC Culturefix show (from May 11, 2012)? Fiasco! 1 997 07-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Last Post: bigstrongcable
  Make up NYC Culturefix show (from May 11, 2012)? Fiasco! 0 390 06-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Fiasco!