Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectacular Sight III
It's out for streaming! Thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/oursmusic-3/sets/...ht/s-gwXdX
Lose Control, Eyes, Eternally and Your Man stand out as the best to me at the moment. Some really great moments on this album. Just a shame that a lot of it is practically unlistenable or at least hurts my ears due to the production. So many high frequencies.
It'll be a few days for me to formulate real opinions, but I agree, Lose Yourself and Eyes are early standouts. Across the Clouds, I've known for awhile, and is a masterpiece, IMO. I don't love all of them, but there are no songs I dislike, which is pretty amazing! I'm excited!
First of all, really cool of Jimmy and the gang to release this album on streaming especially given the crazy times we are living in.  It came as a complete surprise.  I got to see them perform in Dallas with the new line-up and Lose Control was the song they opened up with.  They had a lot of energy playing that song live and it really translates into the album as well.  I do like that the album version of From Where You Are is slightly different than the live performances.  Still haven't listened to the entire album but I do hope the mix quality is improved on some of the songs before final release.

I posted some videos below from their recent concert in Dallas 2019.

Here is the Light

Fallen Souls

From Where You Are

Sometimes

There are some really great songs here. I can't wait to hear this album in full resolution, hopefully 24/96. Songs that I've never heard before that seem like potential classics for me are "Eternally" and the last song "Echo". Love it. I can't wait to hear these live.
I held off on the stream, wanted to hear it on vinyl or 24/96 first. I'm not sure if that was the right move or not though. I did check out the bonus track and was digging it, really enjoyed Wounds of Love and Slipping Away too.
I think this album is the best since Mercy. Balet the Boxer took a long time to grow on me and I only liked a few songs from Jimmy’s solo album. It would be nice to hear the unreleased songs I loved growing up on a full production release. But I support Jimmy’s choices.

That being said, I love this album! Definitely number two on my Ours list; Distorted will never be topped.

Lose Control has to be my favorite. Completely reminds me of older hours in a way but more so  I love the energy and epic stadium like feel this song has. Everything feels precise and well thought out/executed.

Same goes with the title track; singing along to this in my car at the top of my lungs brings me so much joy lol. The 2+ minute intro is a great build up.

Across the Clouds and Eternally, I LOVE! Especially Eternally as it has a very special place in my heart.

Bring it on is great;  don’t lose yourself I’ve heard for a few years now and is askin to the really dark songs I remember listening to growing up: like Use Me off of Sour, the song I assume is called “Forever”, and Autumn. I know Autumn was recorded but it would be nice to have a cleaner production of it without the clipping...

Eyes, Your Man, and Echo are probably my least favorite. They just seem off for some reason.

Otherwise the songs I haven’t mentioned I do enjoy singing along to but don’t elicit any visceral response.
luciddream71 Wrote:I know Autumn was recorded but it would be nice to have a cleaner production of it without the clipping...
I've said it before but I think you just have a bad file of Autumn. The version I have is high quality, and it definitely doesn't contain any noticeable clipping. I can you the link again if you want. And I doubt they'd get a much better recording out of it these days considering half the songs on the new album look like this:

[attachment=379]
Sippe Wrote:
luciddream71 Wrote:I know Autumn was recorded but it would be nice to have a cleaner production of it without the clipping...
I've said it before but I think you just have a bad file of Autumn. The version I have is high quality, and it definitely doesn't contain any noticeable clipping. I can you the link again if you want. And I doubt they'd get a much better recording out of it these days considering half the songs on the new album look like this:

[attachment=379]

Hey. Yeah I have the same recording you sent me.

And yikes about that pic...
luciddream71 Wrote:
Sippe Wrote:

[attachment=379]

Hey. Yeah I have the same recording you sent me.

And yikes about that pic...

I was hoping that would just be the stream but the 24/96 Wounds of Love is the same.
Anyone heard anything about the physical release?
Nothing yet, hoping something gets mentioned in the interview coming up
The instagram interview was cool. Not really much new info. Working with 80 songs and trying to figure out how to release them all. Mentioned after the stream that they wrote 4 more that are going to be recorded as well for this so I wouldn't be surprised if the stream wasn't the actual track listing when it gets released. He did say release date would be announced soon though.
I don't have an Instagram account, so I didn't even know this happened. Damn. Did he perform any songs?
No performance, just chatting. Mostly about labels, being pigeonholed into categories he didn't feel the band belonged in. It was a laid back type of thing. I honestly only created an IG account so I could see things the bands I follow are posting, can't see using it really.
SDR interview was posted on YouTube and Jimmy said he was looking at releasing the album digitally within a few weeks time and would put out a proper release in the new year.
SOOOO...is the new record ever coming out ? Very confused since it was online streaming in its entirety.