Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avalon NYC 4/21/06
cut & paste from the other board:

jimmy had a microphone sprouting from the back of his head all night, not very good for picture taking. but he stepped back a few times and for one song, completely moved his mic back a few feet and out of the way of the other one. still, a 50mm lens will only picture what your eye sees, and i wasn't close enough for 'close ups' (all the ones of jimmy had to be cropped really tight). vinnie was only a few feet away...everyone else was pretty much out of my line of sight. i was standing all the way to the right of the stage, in the corner under that massive amp. the security guard was next to me. when my cousin and i walked in and i started doing my camera stuff, putting film in, etc...he gets on his little headset and says "hey, you got an ID on these girls?" to somebody. then he asks me if i have a press pass. no, of course. i assured him i would be no bother. then he tells me i can't take pictures because of my zoom lens. i said no no no it's no zoom, only 50mm, look at it. back on the headset..."she says it's 50mm, better come take a look." so he tells me his 'boss' is coming over to check it out, but i'd be ok to take pics in the meantime. he never did come over anyways. the rest of the night the security dude was super cool and nice. he accidentally got his head in alot of my pictures, but always apologized for it!  

light was ok, the blue was giving me flashbacks to the smurf factory in LA last year.

so yeah...that's it, i guess. enjoy.

and i guess it should be mentioned that the film grain on these pictures was absolutely unreal...that's why they're all so dark, that was the only way to 'correct' it (barely).  digital doesn't help that either, it's got its own problems, and the noise is a thousand times worse even at much slower speeds.  so next time i'm going to try and push a slow film instead of just shooting on high speed film and see if that helps with the grain...

[Image: avalon042106A.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106B.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106C.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106D.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106E.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106F.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106G.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106H.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106I.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106J.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106K.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106L.jpg]

[Image: avalon042106M.jpg]
Beautiful pictures! you were on the other side of the stage than I was - so you got some nice pictures of Static, while all I could see was Locke and his keyboard :-P

Once again, nice pictures. If you have anymore you are willing to share, I'd love to see them!
GOD! all i can say is that Jimmys nose drives me crazy!
I promise that i went out with this guy for a while, that i truly believe  the first attraction to him for me was his nose looking alot like Jimmys Wink
Oh well...we all have our weakness?!?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ours @ Avalon NYC 4/21/06 Fiasco! 3 1,162 05-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Last Post: digenger