Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A begging. A pleading even.
Yes yes yes.  Jimmy and Static were sitting on the floor for the last few minutes playing with pedals while Locke had a loop of Jimmy's voice running.
Good lord, I wish these guys had been in jamband mode in nashville. lol
It might have depended on if there was a curfew or not at the venue. Ours went on around midnight and played until after 2am
They did the jam thing here in Denver & my jaw was on the floor! Amazing!
jlatham Wrote:And another thing, I can't believe they played drowning at the vegas show.

actually, he *has* been playing drowning (at least when i saw them in nashville and san fran), but what is amazing about this recording is he does that little bit known as drowning reprise on dl, sort of a bridge between drowning and i'm a monster. sooooooo coooooooooool!!!
I love that reprise...

*is guilty of making the reprise its own track*
starlit Wrote:
jlatham Wrote:And another thing, I can't believe they played drowning at the vegas show.

actually, he *has* been playing drowning (at least when i saw them in nashville and san fran), but what is amazing about this recording is he does that little bit known as drowning reprise on dl, sort of a bridge between drowning and i'm a monster. sooooooo coooooooooool!!!

How rare is that drowning reprise? Like once a year?
They used to play it on the Distorted Lullabies tour... back in 2001 and maybe 2002. They haven't really played Drowning in years, at least not from the setlists I've seen.
the last time i heard "drowning" was at maxwells when they did the dead friends and rockstars thing.
can't keep track of all these show dates though...i remember pit playing drums and anthony joining on a few songs (though he wasn't in the band anymore at the point).
they played drowning for us in SF as well
offparkway Wrote:they played drowning for us in SF as well

yes, they played the song drowning itself, but they did not play the drowning *reprise* in san fran or nashville. you know, that slip of a song between drowning and i'm a monster on dl that ends with the line:
"love everyone but keep them far from your soul."

(not trying to overstate this, just to clarify)

are you talking about this tour? they played the reprise at both the oakland show and the sf show... actually i might be lying... i hate my memory

back on topic... $150 for xlr cables? no way... and i still don't see how this pre-amp is $600... for that much you could get a firestudio... i think a more reasonable setup would be two pzms (like $50 each, maximum), a cheap small mixer (ub602? ub802?) and your recording medium of choice after the mixer... minidisc, laptop, yadda yadda...

this setup needs outlet powernbut if you're going to be taking thousands of dollars of gear to the venue, you'd better be friends with the guys running it anyways, right?
zenkalia Wrote:are you talking about this tour?  they played the reprise at both the oakland show and the sf show...

san fran?? really?? wow, soooo sorry! guess my brain doesn't recall that moment- sorry, kids! not trying to be a pill here, just was soooo excited to hear this on a recording....
So that's what he went to do at the Roxy show...