Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schuba's in July
FINALLY! We have an onsale time! This Saturday, 10 am for both shows.

Just an FYI for my fellow Chicagoans. : )
Thank you! I just saw this too. I can't wait. My first Ours concert! How often have I said this? I'll stop now.
just moved to chicago from florida in november. my wife was just starting to have withdrawal issues from not having seen them for a while. badass Smile
I'll be going to both shows as well. Driving up from St. Louis.

- Michael
jargen Wrote:just moved to chicago from florida in november. my wife was just starting to have withdrawal issues from not having seen them for a while. badass Smile

I can relate to your wife. I just moved back from southern Vermont, where I was the perfect distance from Boston, NYC, and Hoboken.... The only thing I really miss is the plethora of Ours shows in that neck of the woods. ; )
Just got my tickets! I'm going on Saturday only. Now it seems so, so far away...
I got my tickets too, about an hour after they went on sale. I've got two tickets for each night, but I might not have anyone going with me on Sunday. So if they sell out, I miiiiiight have one available.
Got two for both nights, too. One is a mother's day present (she and I went to my first Ours show back in the day and I miss hanging out with her : ) ); the other is for my roommate who is trying to get in the concert mode before Lollapalooza. I'll probably be going to the Minneapolis one as well [solo], but I haven't gotten tickets for that yet.

Anyone else surprised at how long it took for Ticketmaster this morning? I ordered a ticket for Tool a few weeks ago right when they went on sale, and I wasn't waiting like I was this morning. : )
I didn't have to wait at all for TM, but I bought them at 11am.
I was sitting at my computer at 10:00am like the obsessive geek I am and it took about 5 minutes. It kept saying, "15 minutes," but it actually took only 5.

And now I need to think about a hotel room. But I guess I have plenty of time for that.

Any Chicagoans here who can offer helpful hints on hotels and public transportation?
Trathena Wrote:I was sitting at my computer at 10:00am like the obsessive geek I am and it took about 5 minutes.  It kept saying, "15 minutes," but it actually took only 5.

And now I need to think about a hotel room.  But I guess I have plenty of time for that.

Any Chicagoans here who can offer helpful hints on hotels and public transportation?

transportation is no issue...you can use the CTA website (google search "cta"), and it will tell you exactly which buses/trains to use. i forget which bus the belmont one is (77, maybe?), but it drops you within a block of schuba's.
I've heard the Best Western in Lincoln Park is nice and fairly inexpensive (on Diversey, at Clark). That's twenty or so (?? I actually can't remember exactly -- might be more like 15) blocks away from Schuba's, too. Not sure how gutsy you'd be walking, but as someone who's been here, I've never felt threatened walking back from Schuba's to the Red Line (Belmont stop is maybe seven blocks away, straight shot down Belmont).

I always Red-line it because the trains run all night, but for whatever it's worth, standard cab fare in Chicago starts at $2.25 with $1 for the first extra person (50 cents for any after that), about 40 cents/minute, and $1.80/mile.*

When you book something, if you need more help/recommendations, just ask. If you're into eating dinner before, check out the Reader's restaurant section or... ask. : )

*I only know this because I have wimpy friends who try to convince me it's unsafe to walk or ride the CTA.
So I'm road tripping in june and hopefully ending in chicago for the month of july. I might need a place to stay for the month (i'll pay of course), and a job, so if anyone has any connections in that area, let me know.

I vacationed in chicago recently and the two hotels we stayed at were conveniently located and cheap: the willows hotel is AWESOME, in wrigleyville, and the other best western - south of the loop on 11th street i believe? - very cheap, right on the red line.

If anyone has transportation issues or accomodations issues, keep in touch with me, i'm looking as well, and since we're all ours fans we know that we're all cool and not creepy so it won't be an issue with meeting someone totally random.

cheers-
P.S. will this place sell out quickly? should i buy tix ahead of time?
Ujive2 Wrote:P.S.  will this place sell out quickly? should i buy tix ahead of time?

I'd recommend it. I'm pretty sure they've sold out Schubas in the past.
I'm going to the Chicago show on July 7th. I can't wait. I saw them at the Metro last year. GODLY!
urinemyheart Wrote:I'm going to the Chicago show on July 7th. I can't wait. I saw them at the Metro last year. GODLY!

I was at that show too. It was good, but I was a bit disappointed at the short set because I travelled so far. Fuckin' Dredg.
i was also at the Metro show and after Ours finished i left, well said hi to Jimmy, bought some shit and left...good show though, my 1st time seeing the full band.
Ok, I've found the Best Western in Grant Park. $189 a night. Is that a good price? I've had no luck with Lincoln Park. I'll keep looking.

Edited to add: Nevermind, it was booked. The one in Lincoln Park too. Ok, Hyatt Regency. I think that's close to Scuba's. I got it. Please let me know if this is a mistake, and I'll cancel.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Milwauke July 8th dredg_12 3 628 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Last Post: starlit
  2 July 2010 - Lockport, NY idylls 1 485 05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Static July 15th dunlop 5 808 07-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Last Post: digenger
  lubbock, july 9th - yes, cancelled after all lilienvanluxe 17 1,686 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  Return to NYC July 19, 2007 dunlop 11 1,512 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Last Post: molldawg
  July 7 & 8 - Chicago Trathena 21 2,888 07-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Wished For None
  Question for Management, Schuba's 21+? beautifulghost 5 880 05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Last Post: beautifulghost
  Canal Room-July 12, 2006 flowergirl11 11 1,636 07-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Last Post: flowergirl11
  Hotel Cafe - July 5, 2006 rekey 11 1,802 07-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Last Post: chilibun