Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Radiohead Album!!!
I am enjoying the album a lot. It's heartfelt, light, airy, there's a lot of room for breathing. It's also pretty powerful, energetic and raw. In a good way. Hail to the Thief sounded like it was suffocating, this one's alive for sure!

What may be fooling Jim there is the unexpected - dare I say experimental - simplicity? The pop-culture embracing mentality that Thom's comments seem to hint at?
toolerawk, your post had me laughing and in agreement the entire time.
The new album's pure beauty, unlike ANY Radiohead we've heard.
....And Jim has no idea what he's blabbering about.
hehehehehe I aim to please. I apologize to anyone who may be offended by my rant but Jim's statements are obscene and unfounded and completely inaccurate. To not enjoy the record is fine but the points he brought up are simply not true in any way shape or form. Meh. A person hits a point in his or her life where they simply cannot deal with the incessant jackass rantings of certain people anymore.
Ooooo Toolerawk to the rescue!!!! Bravo!!!!

Just think if I was to kill myself, what would happen to you? I guess you would revert back to writing one word sentences or nothing at all. Remember, without me you could never play the role of the forum hero and be admired by the one or two people who are stupid enough to think you're clever. Shit! You should really thank me, you might even get laid at the next OURS show. I improved your social existence and gave you purpose.

I have my own opinions, so I speak my mind and I don't give a fuck! You might call that miserable, but I call it freedom. You should try it, it's very liberating. But heaven forbid you go against the social circle. Cuz that's what it's really about, huh? Are you defending Radiohead or yourself because I shook the very foundation that makes you think you're an individual? Have you never spoke up for something you didn't like? Yes you have....against what I said. So really, what makes us so different? The difference is that you attacked me, while I just gave my opinion on the new Radiohead. I just said what I thought of it. It wasn't addressed to anybody here as an attack. Those who took it that way.....well you have some issues and I wish ya luck with that. So think about this when you're masterbating yourself to sleep at night.

I need to realize though that if I'm going give my opinion that I'm always gonna offend some asshole. Well, I guess you play the role of asshole too!

Do you not hear the drum machine shit thrown in randomly all over this record? Or they add some backwords effect. This is the same shit that they've done a million times over.

Also this is NOT the best Radiohead record! Not by a long shot, so please anyone saying this......be realistic! It might be exciting to you cuz it's the new album and you like it, but come on!

Most of you I'm sure only got into Radiohead maybe about 5 years ago or so give or take. So you never noticed the decline of this band. I got into them somewhere between The Bends and OK Computer, so I had a front row seat. Believe it or not, I really like Kid A! I thought it was a perfect transition from OK Computer. They made a complete 360 and it was cool, maybe a little strange at first, but still very interesting. I never thought that album would define their sound and that they would be stuck there sonically for good.

The production and sounds and even the approach from Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, The Eraser, and In Rainbows is almost EXACTLY the same! The only thing with In Rainbows is that they didn't completely squashed and compress the shit out of it in the mastering. That's the only good thing I can say about this album.

Seriously, ever since I got into Sigur Ros I realized that there's no need for Radiohead. Go listen to Agaetis Byrjun and () if you want to hear some beautiful music made by people who still love what they do and have a point and statement to make, and are not running marketing scams and living off their name.

...and to the blow job stain who said I don't like anything new, there's plenty of amazing albums that came out recently. Pj Havrey's White Chalk just came out on Oct. 2, and that album is awesome! The new Dears is fantastic, as well as the new Rufus Wainwright. These three albums I mentioned blow the new Radiohead out of the water with great songs, great performances, fresh ideas, and just an overall level of taste and quality.

I'm glad to see though alot of news sites are now calling Radiohead out on this scam they just pulled. Making it out like they're gonna fuck the industry by releasing a record on their own and how they probably won't sign to a label. WOW! They're alot like politicians, once they get your vote they get back on what they say.

I like to know who comes up with these marketing strategies? Radiohead says now that they don't want to put In Rainbows out on their own cuz they're not businessmen. Well, someone is a businessman closing sales with these marketing scams. Shit! Fuck Rick Rubin.....the music industry should turn to Radiohead for ideas on selling records. They've seemed to master the art of saying one thing and doing the other without anybody taking notice. If more time was spent on their albums instead of the marketing they might actually come up with some new ideas.

The joke here is on the fans and Radiohead is laughing all the way to the bank.

It's cool though, Radiohead will most likely be leaving the music industry with their tails between their legs just like Metallica.:clap:

P.S.

How dare you compare In Rainbows to Vespertine! Vespertine is light years ahead of In Rainbows. It's a masterpiece. Bjork used real harps, a female choir, made music boxes that played melodies that she wrote, and a guy who makes percussive sounds with playing cards and brooms. Amazing! What the fuck did Radiohead do to deserve that comparison? Nothing....there's no comparison! Get your hearing checked!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/arti...1003660154
The new Rufus is weak. Want One and Two kick it's ass.
Wow. Ok. Let's examine how much Jim Possible has his head up his own ass and how little he thinks of all of you other people on this message board.

His little speach above in which he tears into me is fine. I have no problem with this arrogant, ignorant, confused fuck bag having a problem with me. I clearly wrote what I wrote to get a hostile reaction out of him. Success.

However, let's take a look at just how condescending and shitty he is towards the rest of you. Please keep in mind that his little diatribe was inspired by the malice (that I still stand by) that I sent in his directoin, which he has brought upon himself and thensome.

1) "Without me you could never play the role of the forum hero and be admired by the one or two people who are stupid enough to think you're clever. Shit! You should really thank me, you might even get laid at the next OURS show. I improved your social existence and gave you purpose." - Jim Possible

Wow. Does that offend any of you, cause it's basically directed theoretically at all of you. It's a blanket accusation stating that anyone who agreed with my frustration with Jimbo is an idiot. Also, it's a direct implication that I am a message board hero and apparently girls on this board are whorish and stupid enough to fuck me after what I posted. This notion is ridiculous and both Jim and I know that this would never occur but he felt the need to attack female bystanders out of petty resentment anyhow. Also (and please don't take this any more personal that you should) but he also implies in this statement that I give any more of a fuck what this board thinks of my opinion that he does.

2) "what makes us so different? The difference is that you attacked me, while I just gave my opinion on the new Radiohead. I just said what I thought of it. It wasn't addressed to anybody here as an attack."

You JUST gave your opinion of the new radiohead? Oh, how good at playing the freedom ringing victim you are, Jimbo. Pay close attention, dickhead, this is what simply stating a negative opinion about the new record would look like if you were not an asshole: "I have got to say I am not impressed with the new radiohead. I was hoping for more of an aggressive rock album and the energy on this album is simply to dragged for my tastes. Its not extreme enough in the shoegaze department to be a floating, spacey kind of sound experience. Also, I wish Thom hadn't decided to sing to low key. I would have opted for a different, more dynamic vocal approach. My favorite era was The Bends-OK Computer era and while I appreciate what they are trying to achieve, I'm not feeling the direction." See? That's how a civil person would have put it. But instead, no surprise here, you see a post that a few people have left messages on reguarding the new album and as it turns out they all enjoy, so instead of intelligently and calmly stating your opinion, you post a vile, spite-riddled, preposterous shitstorm essentially designed to bum out or piss of people who like the new record, knowing full fucking well what the reaction to your overbearing comments would be. Just stating your opinion my ass. You can practically see the spit flying out of you pathetic mouth as you typed your hatred.

3) "Most of you I'm sure only got into Radiohead maybe about 5 years ago or so give or take. So you never noticed the decline of this band. I got into them somewhere between The Bends and OK Computer, so I had a front row seat."

You condescending, pretentious fuck. Look out everyone, Jim is going to educate all you ignorant newbies about music.

4) "Also this is NOT the best Radiohead record! Not by a long shot, so please anyone saying this......be realistic! It might be exciting to you cuz it's the new album and you like it, but come on!"

Yeah, seriously guys. Jim's right. You're all wrong. What was that about freedom again? You clearly think little of everyone elses.

5) "Seriously, ever since I got into Sigur Ros I realized that there's no need for Radiohead. Go listen to Agaetis Byrjun and () if you want to hear some beautiful music made by people who still love what they do and have a point and statement to make, and are not running marketing scams and living off their name."

Yeah, dipshit, I have those records. They're great. They're also a completely different band than radiohead. Here' an equally stupid statement, Jim: "Since I got into corduroy pants, I have no need for waffles." We've now established that you're pretentious AND stupid.

6) "...and to the blow job stain who said I don't like anything new, there's plenty of amazing albums that came out recently."

Wow. Again with the slander towards someone else because Jim is butt hurt about what I said. Take as many people down in one post as you can, right Jimbo?

7) "I'm glad to see though alot of news sites are now calling Radiohead out on this scam they just pulled. Making it out like they're gonna fuck the industry by releasing a record on their own and how they probably won't sign to a label. WOW! They're alot like politicians, once they get your vote they get back on what they say."

Really? Because they decided that they couldn't take on the taste of releasing the hard copy of the record themselves? This makes them politicians? Are you fucking serious? You can't actually be this stupid. I'm sorry but I fail to see how or why Radiohead duped you. They said they were gonna release the album for download and let the fan name the price. They did exactly that. Now the physical cd is gonna come out through a label. One has literally nothing to do with the other. But, hey, I'm wrong. You're right, Jimbo, Radiohead (who have been openly artistically driven and liberal their entire careers) has decided "hey, fuck it, lets just fuck over our entire fan base cause we're bored. Let's be liars and assholes." You're right, Jim, this is sensible. And, wow, what a vindictive prick you truly are. You even took the time to put the little clapping guy icon next the statement you made about how you hope they fail in their endeavor. Does noone else see how this fucking cocksucker is? He is thrilled he hates the record. He is wet at the thought of this blowing up in Radiohead's face. He is proving my point that he simply doesn't just voice his opinions, but that he is looking for fights and looking to actively shit on other people's day because he is a know-it-all, prententious, self-absorbed, self-righteous mislead shithead who has displayed over and over and fucking over again the complete lack of respect that he has for the opinions of everyone else on this message board. If you don't believe me, go back and read other threads where he disagrees and you will see how his comments ooze with condescending tones and self-applauding disillusion. Make no mistake, this fucker is here to make enemies.

8) "How dare you compare In Rainbows to Vespertine! Vespertine is light years ahead of In Rainbows. It's a masterpiece. Bjork used real harps, a female choir, made music boxes that played melodies that she wrote, and a guy who makes percussive sounds with playing cards and brooms. Amazing! What the fuck did Radiohead do to deserve that comparison? Nothing....there's no comparison! Get your hearing checked!"

How dare I? They both have a very intimate, earthy qualities amongst the drum machines and synth lines. They are both lyrically vulnerable, sentimental, and endearing. They are both very mellow and pristine compared to past works. They both have a "lost in the ether" like quality to them. But you're right, Radiohead hasn't earned that comparision. They've done nothing inovative. My hearing is just fine, fucker. Here's an idea to keep you busy until I berade your dumb ass again on this board in the near future: record some cards and a broomstick and put some of that reverb that you dote on so much on the recording and post it as "innovative".

I never have and never will censor anybody and I have friends who don't think highly of the new Radiohead album. We pleasantly debate this point. I welcome it. The difference here is that Jimbo doesn't want to debate anything with any of you. He simply wants to tell you why you're wrong in the most arrogant way and then get holier-than-thou when you call him on his bullshit.

Fuckin' snake.

Wow. What can I say? God, months ago I had to look up "reverb" on Wikipedia to even understand Jim's complaints. So that's me: clueless, and yeah, I'm still going to respond to this post.

toolerawk Wrote:Wow. Ok. Let's examine how much Jim Possible has his head up his own ass and how little he thinks of all of you other people on this message board.

Well, I don't hate Jim. I find his posts interesting. I never, ever agree with him, and he has a way of making me feel like the reason I don't agree with him is that I know next to nothing about "real" music. He's like Alan Greenspan, who has a way of making me feel like the reason I distrust and loathe capitalism and the free market is because I "just don't understand them." At least, I know that's why they think I disagree with them.

Quote:Wow. Does that offend any of you, cause it's basically directed theoretically at all of you. It's a blanket accusation stating that anyone who agreed with my frustration with Jimbo is an idiot.

He's never said so directly, but I think that Jim considered me an idiot long before I said I like In Rainbows because I also like Precious. At this very moment I'm listening to "Pakt Like Sardines." I love Amnesiac. Woot!

Quote:Also, it's a direct implication that I am a message board hero . . .

You ARE, baby!!!

Quote:. . . and apparently girls on this board are whorish and stupid enough to fuck me after what I posted. This notion is ridiculous and both Jim and I know that this would never occur but he felt the need to attack female bystanders out of petty resentment anyhow.

I don't know about any of the other women here, but if I wasn't partnered, I'd fuck you. But then I'm a slut. ;-)

Ok, seriously, I don't think Jim meant to insult the women here. It's a common trope: Guy is tough and strong; girl likes tough, strong "warrior poet" and fucks him. It's actually quite common. And, hey, there's lots of sexual energy in bars during concerts, especially when the lead singer is as charismatic as Jimmy. And you're toolerawk, defending the board god here. I find you quite attractive at the moment. ;-)

Quote:You condescending, pretentious fuck. Look out everyone, Jim is going to educate all you ignorant newbies about music.

As someone who's been a Radiohead fan since, believe it or not, "Creep," I completely agree with this statement. This is a common "music elitist" tactic. If you disagree with someone's opinion, make them feel like they don't know/understand the music enough to really have an opinion. Jim tried this, but it's not going to work with anyone here.

Quote:Yeah, dipshit, I have those records. They're great. They're also a completely different band than radiohead.

I've never even heard of Sigur Ros or Agaetis Byrjun. So at least with THAT I got some value out of Jim's post. Now that I know you also like them, well, I'll have to look them up. I win! :-)

Quote:Wow. Again with the slander towards someone else because Jim is butt hurt about what I said.

"Blow job stain"? "butt hurt"? Priceless. These alone have made this thread worth reading.

Quote:They both have a very intimate, earthy qualities amongst the drum machines and synth lines. They are both lyrically vulnerable, sentimental, and endearing. . . .

I'm not a Bjork fan. I know! I know! I want to like her! I think I should like her! I think there's something lacking in my very soul that I don't like her! What the hell is wrong with me??

Quote:Here's an idea to keep you busy until I berade your dumb ass again on this board in the near future: record some cards and a broomstick and put some of that reverb that you dote on so much on the recording and post it as "innovative".

Hee! I love you, toolerawk. I hope you don't mind me playing with your post. I take you seriously. I don't take Jim seriously. I love music. My life would be lost without it. Not worth living, really. But when it comes to why I like "this" music as opposed to "that" music, it's hard for me to put into words. So, in that sense, Jim's posts are always interesting to me because he can put it into words. Yes, I have to wade through his anger and condescension, but I can't help but enjoy the fact that he makes something I consider so subjective (musical taste) into something concrete and objective.

But you do this too. And you do it without being a pretentious prick about it. So I don't just find your posts interesting; I respect them and you.

Thank you.

Peace,
Trathena
Yeah, seriously, there's a tremendous difference between stating your opinion, and being a stuck up bastard about what you like/dislike.
Jim's intentions seem to be, to put anyone down who doesn't agree with him. It's quite comical, and I find him to be a dim-witted moron. But hey, that's just my opinion, Jim, don't get mad about that! Fucking idiot.
Quote me on that one, Jim, and then call me an anal whore or something.
"Since I got into corduroy pants, I have no need for waffles."

funniest thing i've heard all day.....

I rarely agree with Jim Possible's opinions, but i do find the guy entertaining. This is what message boards are for, telling people about shit you like(or don't) and then waiting for people to agree/disagree with you....

and if i don't agree with Jim Possible's opinion (and vice versa) I have the freedom to ignore it. as does everyone else....

lets not be petty about this issue....i think most of us are above that.

I am turning pettiness into an art form so no one else here has to. I patiently await (if there is a response) the accusations of mindlessness, message-board heroics, and childish personal attacking. Rest assured, I have a response to anything that will be thrown at me. Jim, I miss you already. Keep dancing with me. I long for you.
they reviewed it on Sound Opinions this week. Still not for me..I can't listen to that guy sing.
Eeeeee - nothing like a good punch up!

To get this type of entertainment from a band like InMe I actually have to bother going to a gig and get covered in beer then slapped about when the wall of death gets out of hand when the support band are still on.

Mind you, I'm still trying to work out who's the one spinning the snotfaced, arm flailing kid around in a puddle of spilled beer until they fall on their arses and hurt themselves.
Well if they are hurting themselves in puddles of beer, I wouldn't worry too much cause they're kids and they bounce back quickly.
anyone wants to read a review of this written by Porcupine Tree's Steve Wilson which was published in Rolling Stone magazine in Mexico.

SW Rolling Stone reviews

Steven has recently started to write occasional reviews for Rolling Stone magazine, Mexican edition. So far 2 have been published, both of course translated into Spanish, but here - for the curious - are the original English text versions.

RADIOHEAD "In Rainbows" *****

It's unfortunate that all the media interest regarding the method in which Radiohead have chosen to make their new album available threatens to overshadow the music itself, especially as In Rainbows may be the band's most perfectly realized album to date. It's 10 years since their crossover pre-millenial masterpiece OK Computer and it seems that everything since then has been judged against this album (not just Radiohead albums, but also those by their many imitators), with both critics and fans accusing the band of self-indulgence and giving up on melody. But it's clear now that the band have simply pursued their own muse, and the idea that they might have followed the U2 blueprint of moving into increasingly bland stadium-rock aesthetics now seems ridiculous. Radiohead instead fulfilled their destiny to become the most visible and influential band making experimental music inside the mainstream. There may be artists under the radar who are more innovative, but in much the same way that in 1968 the Beatles were able to bring avant-garde music to millions of people by including Revolution No 9 on the White Album, Radiohead have been able to introduce forms of experimental and underground music to listeners who probably didn't even know they liked that kind of thing.

In Rainbows sees the band continuing to develop their unique blend of melancholia, electronica, indie / post-rock and avant garde music, but for the first time all these elements seem perfectly in balance, and the album never descends into the self-indulgence or misfires which were characteristic of their other post OK Computer work. House of Cards starts off as one of the band's most directly romantic ballads ("I don't want to be your friend, I just want to be your lover"), but adds layers of ethereal textured guitars straight from the textbook of fellow Oxford band Ride, to powerful effect. All I Need starts as a mid tempo electronic ballad, but climaxes with a glorious collision of piano, strings, glockenspiel and drums, to create one of the album's best moments. As with last year's Thom Yorke solo album the influence of the Warp school of electronica hangs over several tracks, with 15 Step and weary piano ballad Videotape both featuring skittery electronic drums, the former even including children's voices that could have been lifted straight from a Boards of Canada album. Nude is a trademark sweeping Radiohead ballad, complete with majestic strings, jazz tinged drums, and Yorke's plaintive vocals, while Faust Arp combines picked acoustic guitar and an almost baroque string arrangement to create one of the band's simplest and loveliest songs yet. But for all it's wonderful down tempo pieces, the album's highlight comes when the band move up a gear on Weird Fishes / Arpeggi, an irresistible blend of krautock grooves, kinetic guitar patterns and euphoric vocals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is your favorite album cover? musicisart 13 3,858 05-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Last Post: clarrywhites
  Thoughts from Philly, album petition, etc... dancingaloneindc 11 2,491 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?) SoundscapeMN 15 1,382 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Acrobat
  JELLYFISH Tribute Album; Was Jimmy Approached? SoundscapeMN 1 780 11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Syd Barrett Tribute Album featuring dredg, Jesu SoundscapeMN 4 735 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Radiohead's upcoming tour... KidA 101 11,288 08-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Last Post: beautifulghost
  New Sigur Ros Album Soon! toolerawk 10 918 06-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Ours isn't the only long awaited album released this Spring SoundscapeMN 0 437 05-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Radiohead's In Rainbows [disc 2] KidA 27 4,425 01-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Trathena
  Radiohead: 01 and 10 hatethejess 16 1,626 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Pirate Girl