Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6/8/08 Detroit, MI Saint Andrews
it was a shorter version of Autumn than I've heard in the past....wasnt it??
rb101182 Wrote:
Kathilyn Wrote:Oh you guys are lucky! I asked him after the Cambridge show if he'd ever do Autumn again anytime soon! *jealous*

Awesome too that DV showed up! Nice! Smile

What did he say when you asked him about Autumn? I only heard them play it once and I absolutely love it.

He said he'd think about adding it back in. Guess three days was long enough to think about it, eh? Smile
ok, so i finally have time to talk about the show...

Saint Andrews Hall was a BITCH to find, since Detroit has some construction and a huge lack of important road signs. But we (my friend Joe and i) made it there about an hour early anyway. When we finally arrived there we only 4 people waiting in line so we got a chance to chat with everyone there, tickets finally start getting taken or in my case vouchers :mad: and we got to go in. waited for a bit longer, got some merch. They have FREE posters and Mercy stickers btw so pick some up! I got the pull over hoodie and the white thermal with the little dude with bloody hands and Joe got the skeleton Tela zip up hoodie

Anyway since all of Neverending White Lights couldn't be there, Plain Jane Automobile started the show. PJA is AWESOME! They're great musicians and fit in with OURS style pretty well, without ever thinking they're ripping them off. And they put on a great show! Great songs, great guys too, they hung around after and talked and signed things. So check them out (myspace) http://www.myspace.com/plainjanesutomobile

God or Juile came on next, and weren't really my thing, but not the worst band i've ever heard either. so that's all i'm going to say about them, except their drummer looks like Kevin Spacey and the guitar player looks like the guy who plays "Stuart" from MADtv lol

Then OURS came on. By the time they came on there were a few more people there, but only maybe 50 to 70 tops i think :confused:

Was really surprised they played Drowing and HITL, i haven't heard those songs live in AWHILE! Might have been the 1st time i've heard Outside too.
The Live Again jam was really intense, for some reason the build up before the scream and everything was just EPIC.
The jam during Get Up was epic too, i've never seen Jimmy play that aggressively before, one of the jams when he was playing Locke's drums he just back-kicked them over towards Locke when he was finished i was like Confusedhock: I think Jimmy's got some new dance moves since the last time i saw him too, he must've taken classes :wink2:

Poor Kirke though, they jammed for so long, and he plays so HARD that it wore his ass out! He had to take a break, i don't know if his arm cramped or what, but i felt bad for him.

But yeah Daniel Victor showed up and they played "Our Final Hymn",
"Get Up" and did the encore jam with Jimmy replacing Kirke until near the very end. It was a great performance, as it always is.
The great thing about seeing them many times is everytime they give 110% and everytime it's different, there's always something unique to each song they do. Sign of great musicians, right there.

Something really funny that Jimmy said during the show was, he was ranting about George Bush (calling him a farm animal lol) and then said to make sure we go out and vote and make a change and give the country hope again, so he shared Zambia Greene's (former OURS drummer, badass motherf*cker) campaign slogan for Obama, which is

"Obama for President, Why the Fuck Not?" :grin:

Quote:it was a shorter version of Autumn than I've heard in the past....wasnt it??
You know i didn't even recognize it, i thought it sounded familiar, but had to ask Static after the show what it was just to make sure...lol I've only heard it once and that was last year but i guess the arrangements haven't changed or anything, according to what Static said.

All in all it was a great show and it was really good to see the guys again and chat a bit. Hope they make TONS of $$ off this tour and can keep playing in a city near you and ME.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, "OURS is the Greatest Band on Earth!" :punk::clap:

beautifulghost Wrote:ok, so i finally have time to talk about the show...

Saint Andrews Hall was a BITCH to find, since Detroit has some construction and a huge lack of important road signs. But we (my friend Joe and i) made it there about an hour early anyway. When we finally arrived there we only 4 people waiting in line so we got a chance to chat with everyone there, tickets finally start getting taken or in my case vouchers :mad: and we got to go in. waited for a bit longer, got some merch. They have FREE posters and Mercy stickers btw so pick some up! I got the pull over hoodie and the white thermal with the little dude with bloody hands and Joe got the skeleton Tela zip up hoodie

Anyway since all of Neverending White Lights couldn't be there, Plain Jane Automobile started the show. PJA is AWESOME! They're great musicians and fit in with OURS style pretty well, without ever thinking they're ripping them off. And they put on a great show! Great songs, great guys too, they hung around after and talked and signed things. So check them out (myspace) http://www.myspace.com/plainjanesutomobile

God or Juile came on next, and weren't really my thing, but not the worst band i've ever heard either. so that's all i'm going to say about them, except their drummer looks like Kevin Spacey and the guitar player looks like the guy who plays "Stuart" from MADtv lol

Then OURS came on. By the time they came on there were a few more people there, but only maybe 50 to 70 tops i think :confused:

Was really surprised they played Drowing and HITL, i haven't heard those songs live in AWHILE! Might have been the 1st time i've heard Outside too.
The Live Again jam was really intense, for some reason the build up before the scream and everything was just EPIC.
The jam during Get Up was epic too, i've never seen Jimmy play that aggressively before, one of the jams when he was playing Locke's drums he just back-kicked them over towards Locke when he was finished i was like Confusedhock: I think Jimmy's got some new dance moves since the last time i saw him too, he must've taken classes :wink2:

Poor Kirke though, they jammed for so long, and he plays so HARD that it wore his ass out! He had to take a break, i don't know if his arm cramped or what, but i felt bad for him.

But yeah Daniel Victor showed up and they played "Our Final Hymn",
"Get Up" and did the encore jam with Jimmy replacing Kirke until near the very end. It was a great performance, as it always is.
The great thing about seeing them many times is everytime they give 110% and everytime it's different, there's always something unique to each song they do. Sign of great musicians, right there.

Something really funny that Jimmy said during the show was, he was ranting about George Bush (calling him a farm animal lol) and then said to make sure we go out and vote and make a change and give the country hope again, so he shared Zambia Greene's (former OURS drummer, badass motherf*cker) campaign slogan for Obama, which is

"Obama for President, Why the Fuck Not?" :grin:

Quote:it was a shorter version of Autumn than I've heard in the past....wasnt it??
You know i didn't even recognize it, i thought it sounded familiar, but had to ask Static after the show what it was just to make sure...lol I've only heard it once and that was last year but i guess the arrangements haven't changed or anything, according to what Static said.

All in all it was a great show and it was really good to see the guys again and chat a bit. Hope they make TONS of $$ off this tour and can keep playing in a city near you and ME.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, "OURS is the Greatest Band on Earth!" :punk::clap:

awesome man.. nice review.

Thanks! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Magic Stick Detroit, MI 11.23.08 beautifulghost 18 2,374 12-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Last Post: wafflestomper
  Detroit! One more time. Sanzen 1 488 09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Last Post: redcoloredstar
  Pics from Detroit & Chicago (8&9th June) redjez 11 1,011 06-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Last Post: redjez
  Help again! Detroit - Chicago? redjez 4 490 05-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Last Post: redjez
  Detroit was Amazing... Bootleg 1 603 07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Last Post: lsnowden
  Detroit Bootleg 1 514 04-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Last Post: toffypie