Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a third mod.
Need I say more?
Second that.
Thirded.
Good grief.
does anyone know why hayley hasnt banned her yet?
Indeed.
I agree. This is making posting here impossible.
anyone up for the job? I'd do it if Mike and Hayley think I'm good for it. I know my last few posts weren't very... responseable. but I'd help out where I can. cause I have no life and hang around this board too much and can take request from the board Smile
Heh. I'd volunteer, but I'm pretty sure that my posts over the last 24 hours would disqualify me. Unless KTB is looking for an avenger-of-message-board-assholes-type mod, in which case I'm ready and willing. Wink
I'll throw my hat in the ring too.
Trathena Wrote:I'll throw my hat in the ring too.

I've written half a dozen posts today. But I always feel like a bully, and delete them. If I'd known more about her yesterday, I'd not have harshed on her so hard.

Everyone, this girl is clearly troubled. She's unstable. I actually feel sorry for her. Let's not continue to kick her while she's down.

Two things will happen soon: (1) Hayley will come back and ban her IP; or (2) Someone who loves her will realize she's doing this and will take care of her.

Either way, this should end soon, and this fantastic board won't be held hostage anymore and we can get back to doing what we love: Saying, "Ours, yay!" in various and sundry ways.
THANK GOD!

Who's Online [Complete List]

16 users active in the past 15 minutes (10 members, 1 of whom is invisible, and 6 guests).

Yahoo! Slurp, Coco, feverdown, ---> Fiasco!, <--- lifer_refil, Olga, redjez, Stars Die, Trathena, Wished For None
Just an fyi -

This forum is not hard to moderate. To have one troll in the past few years, is actually good.

For the most part, 99.8% of you know how to post, you are respectful of each other, you know where to post threads and you help each other out. So having more moderators is unnecessary, in my opinion.

When one poster comes and posts fast paced it seems crazy and like more moderation is needed - but that's a temporary thing. It rocks the boat a bit, sure but we're not going to capsize. Trust me when I say this forum is AMAZING at how little it needs to be moderated because I've been on forums that are fucking nuts.

If someone is causing problems, or if you have an issue with a poster the best advice is not to antagonize them and not to encourage them. Usually people that spam want to upset a community and get a rise out of the posters. By giving them attention, you are giving them what they want. By ignoring them, they have nothing to feed on.
I definitely started having a bad-mood day, it hasn't gotten better. I probably need a book and a nap. Yay!

Hayley, you make excellent points and we were quick to say "more mods!" We're good.
lifer_refil Wrote:Hayley, you make excellent points and we were quick to say "more mods!"%uFFFD%uFFFDWe're good.

Why do you think Fascism (and communism) become so popular in the free world? Wink
I believe I was the first to mention that a third moderator might be needed.

I had no idea I was suggesting Fascism for this board.
Trathena Wrote:I believe I was the first to mention that a third moderator might be needed.

I had no idea I was suggesting Fascism for this board.

Oh no, I was just making a stupid joke about people wanting more police/government/concentrated power

I am a Political Science major, after all... Blush

I, for one, welcome you, Hayley as my benevolent overlord. :-)

You do a fantastic job, and you're right that this place is usually very calm. I felt for a second there that you just needed help and couldn't do it all (I know finals are going on now).
Trathena Wrote:I, for one, welcome you, Hayley as my benevolent overlord. :-)

You do a fantastic job, and you're right that this place is usually very calm. I felt for a second there that you just needed help and couldn't do it all (I know finals are going on now).

yup, that's why I made this thread, not like I didn't believe hayley couldn;t do it. but just she has her own life to focus on, and especially with school I'd imagine it takes a lot of time away. and I figured maybe we'd help out Smile

totally understand ya though, we've be doing well over the years, but normally when we have a problem (rarely) it doesn't last alllllll day and night. I guess we jumped ahead of ourselves haha