Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th and Porter
Hey guys... The 12th and Porter is my favorite Ours recording, and somehow it got removed from my computer. Could someone please upload the concert?

I guess this could be a place to discuss the show, also. Jimmy's voice sounds better here than I've ever heard it. And the scream in Live Again is about the best high F I've ever heard.

I like Greg Garing a lot less than Jimmy does.
i think it's stored on the OURS archive...yep it is

link 12th and Porter Show

great show! and as i've mentioned many, many times i was there
that's me clapping before Live Again

Greg's not everyone's cup of tea, but i enjoyed his 2 song performance and since it was the 1st time i saw Jimmy duet with anyone, it was special to me.
Oh that damn Media Hub. I downloaded a ton of stuff there, and the files get deleted after a certain time if no one's downloaded them. This isn't ideal for new fans.

Is there a better place to keep all of the bootlegs and other music (like the EP and samplers)?
Quote:the scream in Live Again is about the best high F I've ever heard.

I completely agree Holydiver. That scream is amazing. I love this boot. So I guess I should thank Beautifulghost for INSISTING that I get it.

I like Greg's songs. The duet is a bit weird I think because he and Jimmy have such differnt styles. I think Greg's voice is very nice and mellow though.
OK, I have the concert hosted now:

http://studentweb.ewu.edu/kcruzat31/Musi...hville.zip

Anyone who wants it (it's a zip file) go on ahead.
I know this response is late, but you made me laugh, Holydiver, with the "dance,monkey" comment. I've listened to that recording so much that I have the dialogue memorized.My brother, also an OURS fan, used to laugh at me for knowing it.He soon learned it too after not having a new album to indulge in for years. I also have been known to yell in my car (by myself) "don't gooooo!" when he's talking about having to go. I know, I know, weird. But it always made me laugh. All I have to say is "We"ll come back soon...with a band". Thank goodness they lived up to that promise.
Haha Yeah, I know most of the dialog from that concert too. :grin: "I'm just killing time. Trying to take a break before this next song. Hopefully we'll do it well and you'll know why I was killing time." :grin:

Honestly, 12th and Porter might be my most listened-to Ours recording...Maybe tied with Lullabies, I dunno.

Are there any other Ours concerts with that good of sound quality? For some reason it drives me crazy to listen to low-quality recordings, but I LOVE it when they are good. Help, help?

holydiver Wrote:OK, I have the concert hosted now:

http://studentweb.ewu.edu/kcruzat31/Musi...hville.zip

Anyone who wants it (it's a zip file) go on ahead.

Thank you so much for doing this -- I had some stuff from this but not the full one - and having it available as a zip is so helpful! Smile
haha, I was about to email you and tell you that people were still listening to it. ran into a few people at a show last year that overheard me talking and said "you guys worked on that? i listened to that on the way over here." pretty sweet. too bad the Manson project didn't take flight.
killedeon Wrote:woo! I recorded that :-D

I knew that I did at least one good thing in my life.

Thanks so much for recording it for us all. I really love it a lot. Smile And its great that the newer fans have access to these awesome performances from the past. Smile
killdeon and offparkway:

I share bootlegs of Ours shows all the time, and my 12th and Porter file on SendSpace has never been deleted due to "inactivity." It's been downloaded over 50 times, I think.

It's an amazing recording and the artwork is perfect. I think it's probably up there with Bowery Ballroom as the one of the best Ours concerts and recordings around.

Great job!
thanks. that sort of opportunity doesn't come around often. who knows when we'll get another good live recording. we had plans with Ours to do a project during their tour with Manson, which unfortunately didn't work out. We tried again in Hollywood but still had complications.

Killedeon is my brother. He was living in Nashville when Jimmy & Static performed, and I guess he knew the owner of 12th & porter or something, who let him record from the board. He then sent me the raw WAVs, which I EQ'd and mastered here in California. Then we sent a copy to Liad and I gave Jimmy a copy in person for him to listen through. We got some communication back to make some minor changes, and then they gave us the OK to release it. Was a fun project.

i have a lot of shots from The Fillmore on Monday night (I had a photo pass). I'll upload those soon
Hey guys. I've lost my recording of 12th & Porter! And now I can't find it on the Net anywhere, not even on Archive! Cry

Please help?
I have it and can upload it but I can't do it right now. I should be able to do it in the next couple of days unless someone gets to it sooner. I know trathena has it, I need to get it zipped and uploaded.

SUCKS that you lost it, its one of my favorites.
Ok. I don't know if this is the WHOLE show, but it's what I have...

http://www.mediafire.com/?eaztzqngzxm

I think I have other stuff that I've never categorized properly so that's why some is missing. This will get you started though!

Merry Christmas! Smile
Hi everyone! I hope your holidays are going wonderfully.

Here is my link for 12th & Porter:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jbt4sm
Smile 
It was good to people here sharing some rare file with the other members here. :thumbup: I would really appreciate their work providing such awesome works of OURS. :wink2: Thanks and keep the good work going. :punk:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  12th and Porter franksnapps 2 750 10-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Last Post: starlit
  12th and Porter - Jimmy and Static paulyballs 2 928 12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  12th & Porter Acoustic Stars Die 6 1,376 05-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Stars Die