Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jimmy & static 8/10/08
i don't write reviews.  i'm terrible at it.  i leave out tons of details and have a hard time communicating my experiences. plus i'm tired as hell...but here goes.

so last night my husband throws me a little get together with a few friends and family for my birthday.  i think it's kinda odd that he decides to do this on a sunday night, especially because i know a lot of people wont be able to come or can't stay out late because of work/kids/etc, but he tells me a few weeks ago that its because he wanted to get a private room at a bar and this was really the only time they had available.  last night i found out that wasn't really the case.  

he leaves before me to get there early to help "set up" with tables and food etc, and has some friends pick me up later on to bring me to the bar.  we get there, walk up the steps and i see some friends and family...but i hear something too. i look to the opposite corner and freeze.  jimmy and static are standing there warming up, tuning their guitars.  time just stopped.  i couldnt say anything and my knees are shaking and i just stand there.  they walk towards me and jimmy gives me a hug and says happy birthday and after i finally let go i just throw my arms around static.  holy crap.  my brain is telling me to play it cool but the pure shock...honestly i'm still digesting everything today and have been asking my husband a million questions.  thankfully he taped the whole thing and i'm going to be watching it a million times. when i figure out how, i will upload what i can.  

jimmy went to warm up solo and so i'm sitting there talking to static for like 20 minutes.  wow...  they played about 2 hours, songs like willing, dizzy, bleed, miseryhead, red colored stars, if flowers turn, crying, bohemian rhapsody, darling, i heard you singing, worst things beautiful, murder - and jimmy asked me up to help him sing meet me in the tower, sometimes, and just like heaven.  i know i'm probably missing songs and the order is all messed up.  after the set, pretty much everyone had cleared out except for jimmy, static, me, my hubby, and three friends who are also uber fans and go to the shows with us.  (everyone else there was either a little familiar with their music because i'm always talking about ours, or totally new to their music).  jimmy and static were really cool and hung around an hour or two talking with us.  then it was time to hop back in the van and say our goodbyes.  

my husband had an amazing idea, and our friends were incredible in helping him plan it out and keeping it a secret from me!

Thanks Jimmy & Static for making this the greatest birthday ever.  See you in NY!

Here are a few photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/idylls/

oh.my.god.

I wish I was invited Wink

That's fucking incredible. Holy shit! I hope the video came out.
Mind = blown
Fiasco! Wrote:I wish I was invited Wink

that's one of the things i said to him last night. i wish i would have known so i could have invited people from the board...or that he thought of doing that...but i guess if he posted anything here, i would have found out anyway.
What a fantastic birthday! What a fantastic spouse! Very, very cool. I can't wait to see the pictures.
u = luckiest ours fan evah..or in the last week at least Tongue
What an amazing birthday AND husband. Smile
Holy hell!

Best. present. EVER! So jealous!:wink2:
WOW!!!
:-O :-O :-O Wowzerz.
That's so awesome! I hope you can get some video up.

Aw, I love how great these guys are. Smile
dumb question: what's the best way to upload video?  i don't have a website or anything so should i put it on flicker or youtube or...?  i've spent plenty of time watching other people's stuff but dont have a clue about posting my own
Do you have an audio recording of the show? Please god. :punk:
jlatham Wrote:Do you have an audio recording of the show? Please god. :punk:
ugh, only the first 80 mins. one of my friends brought his mini disc recorder (or whatever its called) and plugged it into their pa but the disc was only 80 minutes long so we didn't get the whole show. he took it with him last night so i don't have it on me but he's going to listen to it and maybe he can post it for me. i'm bummed its not the whole set
YouTube sounds like the easiest if you don't have your own website or much knowledge of how to do it in the first place... I think.
idylls Wrote:
ugh, only the first 80 mins.  one of my friends brought his mini disc recorder (or whatever its called) and plugged it into their pa but the disc was only 80 minutes long so we didn't get the whole show. he took it with him last night so i don't have it on me but he's going to listen to it and maybe he can post it for me. i'm bummed its not the whole set

So he plugged his minidisc recorder into the soundboard?
jlatham Wrote:
idylls Wrote:
ugh, only the first 80 mins.  one of my friends brought his mini disc recorder (or whatever its called) and plugged it into their pa but the disc was only 80 minutes long so we didn't get the whole show. he took it with him last night so i don't have it on me but he's going to listen to it and maybe he can post it for me. i'm bummed its not the whole set

So he plugged his minidisc recorder into the soundboard?

i am probably not using the right word(s). i just know that he plugged it in directly to a piece of equipment that jimmy & static brought so they could record the show
Well, if that's the case then the minidisc audio recording of the show can be converted in a downloadable audio file that we all can listen to. Assuming that management and yourself allow us to. Smile
simply amazing! *awe*

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone see the IG post from Jimmy. . . blasko66 0 173 12-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  jimmy playing AND tattoos! starlit 0 609 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Jimmy Gnecco Web Performance HOURS 24 3,160 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Kosh_ap
  A message from Jimmy to his friends and fans in Southern California DJRokyManson 3 1,027 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  New NJ Headlining Jimmy show added in NJ digenger 15 2,419 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: silke
Big Grin Jimmy at Tractor Tavern - Seattle, WA - 05/08/10 Desiree 16 4,360 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: holydiver
Big Grin Static Is Noise Sunday, May 9, 2010 dunlop 1 852 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: digenger
  Jimmy @ SXSW 2010 Stars Die 21 3,335 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Jimmy @ On The Rox 02.07.10 idylls 44 6,498 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Trathena