Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jimmy & static 8/10/08
jealous!
holy shit! that's INCREDIBLE! how did your hubby manage to arrange all of this?!? i can safely say we are all very, very jealous. happy birthday!!!
that's pretty fucking amazing!
idylls - out of curiosity, where are you from (what state)?
razzledazzle Wrote:holy shit! that's INCREDIBLE! how did your hubby manage to arrange all of this?!?

it all started with him asking me what i wanted for my birthday.  i think it was just after the baltimore show and i jokingly said i wanted ours to play at my 30th.  he told me i was crazy and we moved on.  but what i didn't know is that he contacted the band via email, not really expecting a response...but he got one, and had been emailing back and forth ever since trying to hammer out the details.  the funny thing is at the dc show two weeks ago, he disappeared after the show for like 15 minutes.  i normally would have been overly curious as to what was going on, but i was a little wasted and our friends managed to keep me drinking and diverting my attention elsewhere while my husband was taking care of some business in person.

Oh, Fiasco! - I'm from Maryland
This shows what a wonderful husband you have, and also how amazing Jimmy and Static are. =)
So there's hope for an Ours convention!
so idylls,

let me ask you something. Where do I go about getting one of those *husbands*...err..well you know what I mean :p:
feverdown Wrote:So there's hope for an Ours convention!

[Image: 542.gif]

Looks like idylls' husband needs to do the planning. Smile
Yeah, can you rent him out, say, on Feb. 28 of next year? :grin:
Yeah!

[tacky question]How much did this cost?[/tacky question]
Trathena Wrote:Yeah!

Haha. I'm positive you weren't the only one wondering.
Formica Linoleum Wrote:
feverdown Wrote:So there's hope for an Ours convention!

[Image: 542.gif]

Looks like idylls' husband needs to do the planning. Smile

he's already talking about asking them to do something similar next year so i'm sure he'd love help plan anything ours related!  he had a lot of fun with the whole thing

lifer_refil Wrote:
Trathena Wrote:Yeah!

Haha.  I'm positive you weren't the only one wondering.

as far as cost goes, since it was a gift, he's not really saying. i have a rough idea though because he let me play high-low for about 30 seconds before he put an end to it. but to be honest, out of respect for everyone involved, i should keep my mouth shut about that anyway
idylls Wrote:but to be honest, out of respect for everyone involved, i should keep my mouth shut about that anyway

Well, crap, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I just had no idea they did private shows, and began getting all kinds of pie in the sky ideas that maybe I could afford something like this.

But, yeah, I should talk to management rather than ask here, I guess.
Trathena Wrote:
idylls Wrote:but to be honest, out of respect for everyone involved, i should keep my mouth shut about that anyway

Well, crap, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I just had no idea they did private shows, and began getting all kinds of pie in the sky ideas that maybe I could afford something like this.

But, yeah, I should talk to management rather than ask here, I guess.

trathena, i'm sorry. please don't take offense! i didn't mean it like that and i'd totally be wondering the same thing. i just mean out of respect to jimmy and static, you know? its kinda like i wouldnt tell people how much my best friend/sister/father/etc made because that's *their* personal info and i would feel bad about blabbing. besides, i'm pretty sure the price would depend on how far they had to travel. you should definitely email them and get the dilly from the horse's mouth : )
No, no, no! I didn't take offense at all! Please don't worry about that. I know and understand what you meant, hon.

I had to ask though. ha!

No worries! :-)
Just Like Heaven as in The Cure's JLH?
I'd looooove to hear that. wow.

That is the coolest gift I've ever heard about. Lucky you!
on the subject of cost

It may be a rate by rate basis, or a rare occasion for them to do a private show. It also may depend on if they are touring, where they are in the world at that time etc.

But I do have to say, seeing this thread gave me some confidence in sending them an email to find out about booking them (on behalf of a radio event or something). I wasn't sure if I'd send them an email (because who knows if they'd reply or if they'd be too expensive etc) but now really, what do I have to lose?
Okay, we need to start an Ours board lottery pool. If we hit it big, we can pool our winnings and afford to book the band for a week-long Oursapalooza.:punk:

(Otherwise, at my current rate of savings for a private show, I'll be looking at booking the band for a nursing-home performance some time in 2055, lol.)
well..the Marillion fan weekend in Mtl is very likely off, save for finding a spare $1200 or so..so perhaps if one for Ours is more in my budget..this may be doable (I still feel bad about missing the 1st fan weekend Marillion's ever done here, but airfares are through the roof to Canada!).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone see the IG post from Jimmy. . . blasko66 0 173 12-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  jimmy playing AND tattoos! starlit 0 609 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Jimmy Gnecco Web Performance HOURS 24 3,160 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Kosh_ap
  A message from Jimmy to his friends and fans in Southern California DJRokyManson 3 1,027 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  New NJ Headlining Jimmy show added in NJ digenger 15 2,419 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: silke
Big Grin Jimmy at Tractor Tavern - Seattle, WA - 05/08/10 Desiree 16 4,360 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: holydiver
Big Grin Static Is Noise Sunday, May 9, 2010 dunlop 1 852 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: digenger
  Jimmy @ SXSW 2010 Stars Die 21 3,335 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Jimmy @ On The Rox 02.07.10 idylls 44 6,498 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Trathena