Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jimmy & static 8/10/08
Jim Possible Wrote:
idylls Wrote:anyway, here's autumn

Was I the only one who heard him say "I begged Rick (as in Rick Rubin) to let me off of Sony."??

I would assume that Jimmy's gonna put records out on his own as of now. :clap:

You weren't the only one who heard that, and I really don't know what it means.... ?
Jim Possible Wrote:Was I the only one who heard him say "I begged Rick (as in Rick Rubin) to let me off of Sony."??

I would assume that Jimmy's gonna put records out on his own as of now. :clap:

i think we're going to be seeing some positive changes in terms of touring/show opportunities and getting the music out there faster

here's willing:

redjez Wrote:wow thats the best quality autumn i've heard..!
how do we get that turned into audio??
Wink

AHHH me too!! sounds sooo sooo good!

and Willing - what an f-ing awesome rendition!! i think i can listen to this on repeat all day long!

thank you idylls for letting us share in your awesome experience!!! i can't wait to hear/watch the rest of the clips!
Jimmy and Static are such a team, lol. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Smile

As far as leaving Sony...I really do think Ours would be great on an indie label. They probably would give Ours more priority. When you're dealing with a major label, their focus is only on major acts. Bands like Ours don't bring them any significant money, so they ignore them.
We could seriously have a donation drive via paypal or something. Maybe a show in chicago, and then one in new york for the east coast folks? I'm sure jimmy would be down for a few "fan club" type shows with rarities and such.

Edit- Also, thanks for you the youtube videos. Autumn is such a classic ours song. Hopefully it will be a creative catalyst for the new album like ran way was for mercy...:punk:
Those videos look great, I especially love the sunlit Willing...

Thanks for sharing this special event with us.
HOLY HELL!!! WHen do we get to see the whole show? ANd all that news, I cant express how happy that makes me.
idylls Wrote:and albums will be coming out faster too!

also, before he goes into darling, he says that he's gong to be recording an acoustic album. i dont know if everyone knew about that already, but it was news to me. and great news at that!!

Oh...my...that would be HEAVEN! Acoustic tour to follow, please!? hehe.

I think this is quite possibly the coolest music fan story I have ever heard! Amazing.
Idylls, these clips are great. Thanks so much for sharing!

This just shows how great Ours fans really are. One person has the awesome experience of a private show and immediately shares it with the rest of us. It makes me feel good to be part of such a great group of people. So I guess thanks to everyone else too!

PS. sorry for being pathetic and mushy
:lovestruck:
redcoloredstar Wrote:Idylls, these clips are great.  Thanks so much for sharing!  

This just shows how great Ours fans really are.  One person has the awesome experience of a private show and immediately shares it with the rest of us.  It makes me feel good to be part of such a great group of people.  So I guess thanks to everyone else too!

PS. sorry for being pathetic and mushy
:lovestruck:
Right on!

And I think what's great is that people are obviously jealous but everyone is respectful and glad you had such an awesome birthday experience - rather than be whiny and immature about it (like many other people would be for different bands). Ours fans rule!
goodness that Autumn is gorgeous! *chills* Thanks so much for sharing it!
my goodness....where on earth does one begin??? big, huge, fat DITTO on every single syllable uttered before me, from the awe, to the gratitude, to the respect. and belated best wishes to you, idylls, for many more happy and healthy birthdays full of joy.
DizzyGirl Wrote:goodness that Autumn is gorgeous! *chills* Thanks so much for sharing it!

yeah, his voice gives me mega chills on it... it makes me mad that i can't sing like that.
his voice just cust through the air beautifully.
Fiasco! Wrote:And I think what's great is that people are obviously jealous . . .

haha! I was just talking about this over dinner with my husband, all, "Gosh, I wish I could afford it! how awesome that? can we take out a loan?" And he said, "Poor honey. When you see Jimmy Gnecco you have to share him with a bunch of other people."

heh. something tells me he's not all that broken up about it.
thanks everyone for the really kind words. i know i don't know any of you, but we all have a common bond - this deep, mutual appreciation of ours and their music - and i am so happy to share that with you (yeah, now i'm getting mushy). i've been reading this board for quite some time now but only recently have joined, and over the months/years i have been able to see and hear some amazing stuff that you all have been so willing to share. i'm just glad to be able to do the same.

If Flowers Turn:

Darling:

Aw, thanks so much for sharing all these fabulous clips. That is just awesome. I really am glad you had this experience, and forever grateful that you've decided to share it. [Image: 142.gif]
Wow, that's a spectacular version of if flowers turn. I love the way he sings that song.
Just wow. Thanks so much for uploading these!
OMG if this is even a taste of what I can expect at the Ours show in Buffalo....I just can't wait!!   I nearly cried during "If Flowers Turn" and its just a recording!  So beautifully done, Jimmy & Static, BRAVO!

and thank you, thank you Idylls for sharing.  You totally rock!

EDIT: I've played "Darling" about 2 or 3 times now, soooo lovely!!!
DizzyGirl Wrote:OMG if this is even a taste of what I can expect at the Ours show in Buffalo....I just can't wait!!   I nearly cried during "If Flowers Turn" and its just a recording! So beautifully done, Jimmy & Static, BRAVO!

Ditto to that. The extra verse in there is just right.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone see the IG post from Jimmy. . . blasko66 0 173 12-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  jimmy playing AND tattoos! starlit 0 609 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Jimmy Gnecco Web Performance HOURS 24 3,160 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Kosh_ap
  A message from Jimmy to his friends and fans in Southern California DJRokyManson 3 1,027 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  New NJ Headlining Jimmy show added in NJ digenger 15 2,419 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: silke
Big Grin Jimmy at Tractor Tavern - Seattle, WA - 05/08/10 Desiree 16 4,360 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: holydiver
Big Grin Static Is Noise Sunday, May 9, 2010 dunlop 1 852 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: digenger
  Jimmy @ SXSW 2010 Stars Die 21 3,335 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Jimmy @ On The Rox 02.07.10 idylls 44 6,498 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Trathena