Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend or Find New Music!
inn Wrote:
SoundscapeMN Wrote:Saw MEW last night...Kasabian headlined and 1000 Pictures opened.

Mew are awesome live!..Like Porcupine Tree..with the Surreal videos in the background. They alter the versions of the songs a bit.

Lemme see if I can recall the setlst:

SPECIAL
AM I WRY?..Videos with the lyrics
THE ZOOKEEPER'S BOY
SYMMETRY..video of the girl who sang the lead vocals..sequenced in to harmonize with the band's vocals.
SHESPIDER...video with a drawing of I what I think is a Spider or something else Mew uses in their artwork.
COMFORTING SOUNDS..the Video with the Cat's and other animals floating playing violins and stringed instruments among other parts. It's a little extended live.

That wasn't the story of this concert for me exactly..but..well when you encounter a woman and she takes off her sweater ..your mind starts to lose focus on the music and more on her...

Tonight is the one MuteMath show with Shiny Toy Guns who I've heard are quite good.

Kyle

ooo lucky you.

When I first heard Mew it was only the album Frengers, I only went to see them at a gig just cause I could, no other reason.And they totally blew me away! Absolutely stunning! If anyone else ever gets the chance to see them then do it.

BTW not a new band, but I'm curious..

How many people have heard of the cooper temple clause? Amazing band that I've fallen in love all over again. New stuff isn't their best, if chance listen to their first album See through this and leave mmm

Mew was here last night again..so was Kaddisfly with a special ltd EP release show. I tried to catch both..didn't quite work. Times changed, etc..I caught the last 15mins of Mew. Their set was quite short for a headliner..like less than 1 hour?..and for the 2nd time, the band never came out to chat with the fans. But o well..I still love their music.

AFA CTC..I have heard them..I'm kinda on the fence. Post-Rock-y..dunno..like The Autumns..or even a bit like  The Appleseed Cast..they haven't blown me away yet.

AFA Riverside..well..a lot of the Prog and ProgMetal fans adore them. Why?..I don't get it. They to me sound like cliched NeoProg version of Opeth. But to each their own I guess.

Aviv Geffen I like..atleast with Steven Wilson and Blackfield. Dunno about live. The male singer on the Mew song "Why are you looking grave" reminds me of him. Quite excited for the 2nd Blackfield record early next year.
Sinistas Wrote:DON'T SAY AVIV!

lol, sorry...he sounds like crap live.

Lol... This may be true... But he sounds like studio Aviv to me. ^_^
SoundscapeMN Wrote:Mew was here last night again..so was Kaddisfly with a special ltd EP release show. I tried to catch both..didn't quite work. Times changed, etc..I caught the last 15mins of Mew. Their set was quite short for a headliner..like less than 1 hour?..and for the 2nd time, the band never came out to chat with the fans. But o well..I still love their music.

AFA CTC..I have heard them..I'm kinda on the fence. Post-Rock-y..dunno..like The Autumns..or even a bit like The Appleseed Cast..they haven't blown me away yet.

Ah darn, well I would have picked the mew set myself Wink Just very intense spine tingly viewing that is.

I haven't heard anything by the autumns or appleseed cast....I should prob go check those out. I think with tctc you have to be in the right frame of mind to take in their albums...but their live shows are always good. I've seen them play a stupid amount of times now 0_0
Ahhh - a forgotten gem has just sprung to mind!

Cross Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (actually, they make Nick cave sound fluffy and upbeat) with Violent Femmes, add a touch of the most badass spaghetti western soundtrack you can't even dream up and you have Sixteen Horsepower. Sadly they broke up a few years back, but the lead singer's side project, Woven Hand kicks arse in the same way. YouTube "16 Horsepower" and enjoy.

And kids... YOU'LL ALL BURN IN HELLLLL!
Darren..Blackfield II is out in January..track listing has a song that didn't make DEADWING..I'm gonna hopefully get one of them tracks live done by Steven Wilson when I get home tonight from a dude on Mike Portnoy's forum.
Awesome, thanks! Would you happen to know the song that didn't make Deadwing, or is it a totallly unaforementioned song?
Blackfield II album details

Here is the track listing for the new Blackfield album, which is once again simply called "Blackfield" (or "Blackfield II"):

1. Once (4.03)
2. 1,000 People (3.54)
3. Miss U (4.13)
4. Christenings (4.37)
5. This Killer (4.06)
6. Epidemic (4.59)
7. My Gift of Silence (4.05)
8. Some Day (4.22)
9. Where is My Love? (2.59)
10. End of the World (5.13)

The album was produced and mixed by Steven Wilson in Tel Aviv and London between Feb-June this year. The album will be released in January, and the band expect to be touring both Europe and the US to promote it. Watch this space for further updates!

the song is "Christenings" http://www.sendspace.com/file/gyrjxr

now hearing it, I suppose I can see how it fits with Blackfield's melancholy tone, altho I also can see how it didn't make DEADWING now. The Blackfield version I'd imagine has more to it tho.

Ok... this is going to be fun. Hope you all check it out. These guys are really cool. (Check out "So For"...)

AtomshipDown

[Image: 1326633989_l.jpg]

Taken from their bio:

Dear, ATOMSHIP FANS... ..."ATOMSHIP DOWN"...THE NEXT STEP IN THE EVOLUTION OF ATOMSHIP... We are sure that all the fans know that Atomship has gone through alot of changes. The writers of ATOMSHIP's "The Crash Of '47" album (Derek Pardoe, Nathen Slayed and Chad Kent) have re-united and are currently recording new songs that will be released sometime around X-mas of 2006. Our new album will be released as a 2 disc set (the 1st will be a strange trip dealing with the after-life called "LET US SLEEP AWHILE") this album is our way of decompressing from the rules of the industry. The 2nd album will be the next step in the evolution of ATOMSHIP. Nathen Chad and Derek have invested in there own recording studio "OMNI-MIND PRODUCTIONS" and are excited about working together for the first time since writing "The Crash Of '47" in an unbiased enviroment with the ability to speak and sound as the please....so if you liked ATOMSHIP get ready to get your electric glowing monitor-lit faces ripped off. We are inviting every single fucking one of you to our new webpage (here) We will keep you guys updated 100% on the new stuff, we will be uploading new info, vids and music weekly. This is the music that we as artists and musicians want you to hear, not what corp. labels want to feed you...
For the incredible amount of fame he has in Canada (with Our Lady Peace), he's incredibly humble and down to earth..

Raine Maida:
Raine Maida Solo Myspace
The new Pain Of Salvation just leaked. "Scarsick"..I have heard it once..this is a band..well put it this way, for awhile they were like my favorite band. Incredibly moving. I have told their fans about Ours/Jimmy..told them if they like Daniel's vocals..they should hear Jimmy. I'd say the same for people into Jimmy in his over-the-top emotional style. Daniel Gildenlow is one diverse and extremely emotive singer.

I may elaboriate on this eventually..for now, I'll say the new album is decent, but I think like a lot of their albums, they may take a bit of time to grow on me. One song is called "The Disco Queen"..completely different than anything they've ever done really..metaphorical to a pop culture in the the late 70's/John Travolta. The rest of the record does not have much of anything in that style, but it does seem to have a lot of other new elements they brought in.
I actually have Entropia... I like it. I'll have to check out the new one.
actually, a few of the songs really reminded me of ENTROPIA. If you like that, well..it's like someone who likes PRECIOUS and hasn't heard DL yet ya know. THE PERFECT ELEMENT PART 1 and REMEDY LANE are staple albums for many.
Check out this band:

The Underwater

I know atleast two of the members love Ours, they are a great band and will be coming out with a cd in January. They're also unsigned which is cool because they have dont a lot as an unsigned band, toured Europe, opend for nickelback. Lead singer is influenced by Jimmy. Really great sound, great song writers, and cool guys. Check them out. I listen to them almost as much as i listen to ours.

Myspace.com/TheUnderwater
^^I'm checking them out..thanks..not bad..drummer is good. Thanks.

Darren,
Just in case you didn't see, Alex Lifeson from Rush and Robert Fripp of King Crimson are playing on the new Porcupine Tree album due in April. Also, PT are going to be on a Yoko Ono EP..remixing and performing some added parts to a song she recorded, an album that was originally produced by John Lennon in 1973.
www.myspace.com/yndihalda

REALLY good instrumental band from the UK. They released what's probably going to end up being my album of the year.
Darren, BLACKFIELD II=leaked

[Image: 7ok.jpg]

^^not the coverart..I believe just a promo pic.

I came across a band a few months ago that made me think Ours and Jeff Buckley fans may like them. They are called "Revere" http://myspace.com/reverelondon

They have the emotional and dynamic side that I was reminded of Ours. They do not have any full-length albums out yet, but a few EPs and a bunch of songs to stream and d/l http://www.revereonline.co.uk

and according to the fella who told me about them on Pure Reason Revolution's forum, the band's new stuff is even better. A lot of it is on youtube I guess: http://www.youtube.com/reveremusicvideos

also the band are big Ours fans I guess as well.
I'm not finding the blackfield on my usual places...any help?
I'm liking the new BF disc..esp the 2nd half.
serious/pretty music: Jimmy Gnecco/Ours, Sigur Rós, Olafur Arnalds, Neverending White Lights, Coldplay, Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright

alternative: Chevelle, Thrice, Blindside, Millionaire, Incubus

rock: The Mars Volta, The Verve, Jimi Hendrix, James Hall, Muse, Dredg, Oasis, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, Hot Hot Heat, Wolfmother, Clemmer(my older brothers band), The Verve

punk: Refused, At The Drive-In

chick bands: Denali, PJ Harvey, Glös, Gemma Hayes, Ambulette, Psapp, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Zoe Bonham, The Delgados, Sia, The Kills

laid back: Augustana, Richard Ashcroft, The Honorary Title, Cary Brothers, Seu Jorge

other: David Bowie, Frank Sinatra, Mulatu Astatke

technoish: I Monster, Rinôçérôse, Bloc Party

These are all that I can think of at the moment... Im sure people know some or most of these but Im sure theres a few that are new.
i'm really into the Bloc Party at the moment...particularly This Modern Love, The Pioneer and Banquet from the Silent Alarms cd...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music game Fiasco! 183 30,274 03-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Last Post: rhettricol
Smile post you favorite YouTube music videos KillTheBand 13 3,753 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Last Post: aaronsharapova
  amazing music video and song digenger 1 579 01-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Last Post: owaispoul
  For Those Of You Who Like Music So Heavy It Can Make Someone Vomit toolerawk 3 650 03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Can Rick Rubin Save the Music Industry? (LONG READ) SoundscapeMN 5 1,289 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AnthonyDaniel
  D_composure "Faking The Deathwish" Music Video Now Up! TheMoth 3 722 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  OURS myspace music profile rekey 7 1,115 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN