Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
benefit at maxwells 10.11.08
Acrobat Wrote:
idylls Wrote: i wasn't at the on the rox show, but from what i heard of it, jimmy didn't seem like he was doing real well.  so i was really happy to see jimmy in such great spirits and also seeming like he's finally feeling better. 

This surprises me, actually. The On the Rox show didn't start off with the happiest mood, but I'll be damned if I wasn't smiling through the entire second half (and if the videos are any indication, so was Jimmy.) Thanks so much for the report and vids, idyllis! I was interested to hear about this one.

ehh, just my perception.  perhaps i'm just commiserating cause i've been sick since the bowery show (and finally have recovered as of 2 days ago with the help of lots of medication!). when you feel sick, you're still kinda down in the dumps.  the maxwells show was happy and heartwarming through and through : )
Good to hear that it wasn't super depressing, but that it was an opportunity for people to gather and be happy!

Great setlist, I hope a recording surfaces!
Quote:Great setlist, I hope a recording surfaces!

Me too. Smile

Speaking of medication, I think "Medication" was arguably the highlight of the night. The song title itself was rather appropriate for the occasion, and I've never heard another audience sing along as enthusiastically to it before. Some of these songs were risky; they could have been real downers, but they instead served to uplift everyone.
Hey guys this show was amazing to be at. Words cannot express but I too have three videos that are not visually stimulating but the audio is good--Warning-people were singing along to all three of these so be prepared to hear audience!

http://www.youtube.com/user/livefan7619

SO glad to have experienced this show!
dizzy7619 Wrote:Hey guys this show was amazing to be at. Words cannot express but I too have three videos that are not visually stimulating but the audio is good--Warning-people were singing along to all three of these so be prepared to hear audience!

Thank you so much! I will go check these out when my computer decides to cooperate (Started to watch Dizzy and it kept stopping). From what I did hear -- wow. Smile
dizzy7619 Wrote:Hey guys this show was amazing to be at. Words cannot express but I too have three videos that are not visually stimulating but the audio is good--Warning-people were singing along to all three of these so be prepared to hear audience!

so happy you put these up - they sound great! i'm such a moron - i didnt even think about taking video until the end of the show, which is why i only got the end of places, outside and fallen souls. duh! moment
sounds like there was an awesome turn out for this show!!! very nice!! thanks for the reviews, guys. can't wait to watch/listen to these vids

Wow!
"Dizzy" gave me chills
I finally got my computer to cooperate and the videos were awesome -- Fallen Souls was just....wow. And Dizzy and Medication gave me chills. And Ive never heard Medication before -- so thanks SO MUCH for posting those. Smile
Add me to the "Dizzy made me all goosebump-y" club. Thanks for sharing!
My pix (on Flickr). Sorry they're somewhat blurry. Undecided Also, I didn't see anyone else mention, but Race came up and sang during "Meet Me in the Tower."

[Image: 2935036433_9f02b6b972.jpg]

[Image: 2935058683_95fc5c1b65.jpg]

[Image: 2935069121_fccc8a2c35.jpg]

[Image: 2935952558_779d5b8e1f.jpg]

[Image: 2935958444_cb77820a5c.jpg]
Kathilyn Wrote:My pix (on Flickr). Sorry they're somewhat blurry. Undecided Also, I didn't see anyone else mention, but Race came up and sang during "Meet Me in the Tower."

[Image: 2935036433_9f02b6b972.jpg]

[Image: 2935058683_95fc5c1b65.jpg]

[Image: 2935069121_fccc8a2c35.jpg]

[Image: 2935952558_779d5b8e1f.jpg]

[Image: 2935958444_cb77820a5c.jpg]

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing those - wow, they came out fabulous and I love the black and white!

Amazing!
No problem for posting the videos! Did anyone record this?? I kept thinking over and over at the show "PLEASE let someone be recording this!"

Those pics are beautiful! There were two girls in front of me with professional type cameras...wondering if they are on the boards because those pics must be pretty amazing.

So on a side note. I may be out of line on this one but I think I just want reassurance. There was a fan walking through the crowd asking "Do you have a dollar for Jimmy's Mom?" I was just wondering if she is on here and if it was legit. It just felt a little strange ;-) I am not downing anyone and most of us gave anyway but I guess I was wanting to make sure it went to Jimmy's mom because at one point she yelled "I will give you $20 if you play autumn" and held up the money?!?! Haha...It was an intense, crazy, emotional, loving nite...I am still on my 'show high'

H

-Could I save your life like you saved mine?
dizzy7619 Wrote:So on a side note. I may be out of line on this one but I think I just want reassurance. There was a fan walking through the crowd asking "Do you have a dollar for Jimmy's Mom?" I was just wondering if she is on here and if it was legit. It just felt a little strange ;-) I am not downing anyone and most of us gave anyway but I guess I was wanting to make sure it went to Jimmy's mom because at one point she yelled "I will give you $20 if you play autumn" and held up the money?!?!

yeah, i thought it was a little odd, too. i think that she is the girlfriend of the guy that had all those raffle tix and won practically everything. you know, the guy that put on the dress he won and got up on stage with jimmy.
That sounds... interesting. Heh. I started to say that it sounds a bit tacky of the girl to do that, but I guess her heart was in the right place. Unless she was using the cash she got to buy raffle tickets.

Man, I wish I could have been there. Why do I always miss these things? Hell, I got on a plane to see a show last month and the first thing Duke told me was, "You should have come to the Bowery show!" Go figure. (Love ya, Duke.)
dizzy7619 Wrote:No problem for posting the videos! Did anyone record this?? I kept thinking over and over at the show "PLEASE let someone be recording this!"

i hope someone did too!! btw, the audio on the vids you and idylls posted was great.......
ok, i probably shouldn't say anything but my spouse was at the back of the room recording. it's not a great piece of equipment he was using, and he also won't let me listen to it yet because he wants to see if he can do any work on it and make it sound better. either way, its not going to be good enough to meet the KTB boot standards but i'm excited to listen to it once he "allows" me to do so
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if there is anything more I can add to the wonderful reviews of the show here...since I am rather old, I am still recovering from the late night!

This show was amazing - full of warmth, love, unity and hope.  It felt more like being at a family reunion than a concert.  One of my favorite highlights of the evening was when Jimmy said, "We're going to start making zeppoles up here."  I am 100% italian and zeppoles usually accompany every family function from birth to funerals - apparently, an Ours show too!

I was one of the girls with the professional camera and I promise my photos will surface very shortly!  Between the two of us we took over 800 shots (some film, some digital)!  We probably have about 40 really good shots....

It was also amazing to see Race sing with Jimmy...even though he didn't really want to and Jimmy kind of forced him to!

xoxoxoxo

I'm drooling over this setlist right now. I soooooooo hope there's a recording of it somewhere.

Who else is extremely excited that Gravity has resurfaced at the last couple of shows?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Last Post: starlit
  bat benefit cancelled starlit 0 531 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
  I wonder... (RR Benefit 1/7/10) dancingaloneindc 0 568 12-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Last Post: dancingaloneindc
  Maxwells 12.6.09 SarahBeth 76 8,901 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  Road Recovery 10th Anniversary Benefit Concert 4/17/08 Kathilyn 20 2,825 05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Sanzen
  Maxwells 12/26/07 Nine 64 8,331 01-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Post: beautifulghost
  Maxwells--Hoboken March 25 flowergirl11 19 2,783 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
  Maxwells Show June 1st little review moookabmoc 7 1,419 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN