Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
benefit at maxwells 10.11.08
Quote:Who else is extremely excited that Gravity has resurfaced at the last couple of shows?

*raises hand* I am! Smile
idylls Wrote:ok, i probably shouldn't say anything but my spouse was at the back of the room recording.  it's not a great piece of equipment he was using, and he also won't let me listen to it yet because he wants to see if he can do any work on it and make it sound better.  either way, its not going to be good enough to meet the KTB boot standards but i'm excited to listen to it once he "allows" me to do so

Husband of the Year strikes again!! i think i speak for everyone when i say i hope he decides to share it with you...and us....hehe
Hi all... i never ever post but like to read them but I was just so overwhelmed and impressed with this show that i had to post something... the setlist is just the beginning of how amazing this show was - what a night - honestly, i don't even have words to describe it! But I also was able to record some songs, including one of the new ones which i'm guessing the name is Mystery:

Enjoy!

victoriac Wrote:Hi all... i never ever post but like to read them but I was just so overwhelmed and impressed with this show that i had to post something... the setlist is just the beginning of how amazing this show was - what a night - honestly, i don't even have words to describe it!  But I also was able to record some songs, including one of the new ones which i'm guessing the name is Mystery:

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for posting that - it was awesome. And I seriously LOVE that song - its so gorgeous! Smile
dizzy7619 Wrote:So on a side note. I may be out of line on this one but I think I just want reassurance. There was a fan walking through the crowd asking "Do you have a dollar for Jimmy's Mom?" I was just wondering if she is on here and if it was legit. It just felt a little strange ;-) I am not downing anyone and most of us gave anyway but I guess I was wanting to make sure it went to Jimmy's mom because at one point she yelled "I will give you $20 if you play autumn" and held up the money?!?! Haha...It was an intense, crazy, emotional, loving nite...I am still on my 'show high'

Rest assured. I recognized her as a close, longtime friend of the band, although I'm not going to identify her here, in case she wishes to remain anonymous. Your dollars went to Jimmy's mom for sure.

Anyone who wanted to give but hesitated at the show for whatever reason can still make donations to the paypal account set up by Fun Palace.

Good to know, northstar.

And THANK YOU so much to victoriac - I love that song more than is healthy. It's beautiful.
I agree Acrobat-THANKS VIC! I am so glad you taped that one-I cannot stop watching it...well that and the Worst Things video! :lovestruck: Man, can you talk to idylsts hubby? I really want to relive this show song by song....
Yeah!  We def need to convince her hubby or anyone else that may have taped it to put it up somewhere - I'm just glad I recorded as many songs as I did - which i swear I will get up and posted Smile
i'll see what i can do.  he's started cutting a few tracks last night and is working a little on it tonight again.  i've heard a few songs and, like i said before, its not A+ quality so i can't post it here.  if anyone still wants to give it a listen, and wont bitch about it and instead will just delete it if they think it sucks, i will share.  :wink2:

anyone have any ideas on how to do send it/post it?
You can always upload the files to a site like savefile.com or megaupload.com. It's free and pretty easy to use; then you can just e-mail or PM the link to anyone who asks. (I'll be one of those people, by the way.) Pretty please?

Wink
ok, i will ask him nicely to please finish cutting as quickly as possible and check out those sites and do what i need to do : )
Acrobat Wrote:You can always upload the files to a site like savefile.com or megaupload.com. It's free and pretty easy to use; then you can just e-mail or PM the link to anyone who asks. (I'll be one of those people, by the way.) Pretty please?

Wink

What she said. I'd love to hear it too. Smile
Kathilyn, you caught some good photos. Smile

And much appreciation to those who have shared audio/video. I would've loved to have been able to be there, as always.
okay, its cut and uploaded to megaupload. hubby cut it up into 40 tracks; 30+ are songs and he included the ones from april and brett & elle manning. the rest are the raffle and other things he thought should be separated out. again, this is the first time he's ever recorded a show and he didn't use a fabulous piece of equipment. but if you want to listen or relive, just send me a pm and i'll send you the links for all 40 tracks, unless there is a better way to send it (let me know). the good news is he found a new hobby and just bought a nice digital recorder for nov and dec shows so hopefully we'll have more - and better quality - shows to post in the future!
"Get Up" from the show, with Jimmy's daughter helping him out:

Very cute.
Acrobat Wrote:"Get Up" from the show, with Jimmy's daughter helping him out:

Very cute.

okay, that was adorable. Big Grin thanks for posting that!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Last Post: starlit
  bat benefit cancelled starlit 0 531 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
  I wonder... (RR Benefit 1/7/10) dancingaloneindc 0 568 12-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Last Post: dancingaloneindc
  Maxwells 12.6.09 SarahBeth 76 8,901 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  Road Recovery 10th Anniversary Benefit Concert 4/17/08 Kathilyn 20 2,825 05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Sanzen
  Maxwells 12/26/07 Nine 64 8,331 01-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Post: beautifulghost
  Maxwells--Hoboken March 25 flowergirl11 19 2,783 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
  Maxwells Show June 1st little review moookabmoc 7 1,419 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN