I heard you singing
I'm a monster
Here is the light
Kill the band
Ben
Worst thing is beautiful
Murder
Edelweiss
Someone to die for (a piece of it because he couldn't remember)
Cry me a river (part of it)
Meet me in the tower
I see them go
Bleed
Love Street (part of it, I think)
Willing

Jimmy also did several of his new songs, but did not say the title.

I am going off by pure memory here, so feel free to correct me.

Jimmy came out at 9 pm with drinks in hand and announced to the crowd that he would take a shot every time he fucked up a note because he was sick. He mentioned that his being sick was on purpose because he had drank a lot when he was on vacation and when he came home he found out that his mother was sick (terminal illness is what I got from it) and wanted to go before her so he drank some more. He dedicated Darling to his mother and was crying all throughout. It was very moving and beautiful.

He wanted to change the mood and asked everyone what we wanted to hear. Of course, everyone began yelling out songs that aren't released or songs off of sour. He didn't want to play songs that the band usually does but he did give in with a couple.

When I requested I see them go, he said said he was so surprised we were all requesting songs that were going to be on the first album but never made it there because the record company said 'your songs don't match your voice.' Bullshit...

Another interesting tidbit is that Somtimes and Chapter 2 (money) were all one song at one point in time.

It was his birthday and said he wanted to be with the people of Los Angeles because he felt safe. Jimmy was suppose to go see a show on the sunset strip after the concert, but decided to stay and play some more songs for us instead.

The new songs were beautiful, I have no idea what they're called, but I'm glad someone recorded this concert so I have another chance to listen to them.

I have never seen Jimmy so vulnerable and loquacious. Despite what is going on in his life, the man was all smiles and happy to see the fans and did just about every request we threw at him. He even gave into the request of turning on the AC *gasp*! He sounded amazing as ever and had a calm demeanor about him. After the show, Jimmy stayed and hugged everyone and thanked them for their support. This was the best concert I've been to. I know I always say that, but I don't know any artist that will stay and do 90% of the songs requested. My favorite might have been the look on his face when we all sang happy birthday to him.

amazing....thank you so much for sharing.
That is so sad to hear about his mom. Sad

I wouldn't be able to do it. What a guy. Thanks for the review, enjoyed reading it! =)
I was there last night up front and I must agree that as many times I've seen OURS and Jimmy solo, this one was the best show ever. Jimmy played for over 2 and 1/2 hours. There were certain points during the show where it was a sing a long. Jimmy even played A-Ha's "Take On Me", The Cure's "Just Like Heaven" and part of Micheal Jackson's "Ben".

Even though Jimmy was sick he still sounded great and was in good spirits. I asked Jimmy for his guitar pick and he kindly gave it to me. The pick had the band name one side and the logo on the other. My friend Charity was up front taking about 100 pics and some video. As soon as I get them I will post some up. A great night.
jimijam I was standing to the left of you (I had on the purple and black stripped shirt).

Yes Gnecco played 2.5 hours (ON HIS BIRTHDAY!!), and took a ton of requests; none of mine because he forgot all of them: whore, forever, shoot the one in the middle, throw me to the fire, use me, etc etc. I tried people, I really did. He just looked at me and laughed saying "how do you know these songs, I dont even know them." When i said to play whore he said "what did you call me?"

It was my favorite Ours show. In no particular order he played, off the top of my head:

im a monster, sometimes, miseryhead, here is the light, medication, bleed, dizzy, meet me in the tower, kill the band, chapter 2 ( i loved this, i had never seen it), red colored stars, worst things beautiful, murder, willing, 3 or 4 new songs he has never played, crying, the cure song jimijam mentioned, take on me, the michael jackson song, part of hallelujah, part of cry me a river, darling, draculas bride, i see them go, bohemian rhapsody

that's all I can remember
I had such a blast! I'm glad Jimmy was encouraging everyone to have fun, it felt like a great party for friends and fans alike.
Yes Luciddream I remember you. You were singing along to everything, very cool :-) The new song I think called "Mystery", became my new favorite song. There was such emotion in Jimmy's voice that night. A very powerful song I think.
Quote:When i said to play whore he said "what did you call me?"

That made me laugh, lol. I'm glad everyone had fun. Wish I could see him acoustic!
Beautiful review, amazing song line up (I see them go!!!)

So glad this was recorded, will download for sure!
My friend Charity took many pics and some vids of last night.  Here is my favorite song of that evening.  It's one of the new songs Jimmy played for us for the first time. I believe it's called "Mystery".  The vid is kinda dark but the audio is clear.  I dare you not to cry ;-)  Here are some of my fav pics that she took out of the hundred or so of the night.  Enjoy.  

Edit:  Charity's youtube page has all her vids up.  Check 'em out and send her some love :-)

[attachment=199]
[attachment=200]
[attachment=201]
[attachment=202]
[attachment=203]
[attachment=204]
[attachment=205]
Wow! Amazing....
This was an awesome show. Smile
Quote:I dare you not to cry
Thanks for the warning! I did get a bit teary.  That song is absolutely beautiful.  Listening to him can literally take my breath away.
wow. it really sounds like this was one hell of a show! thanks for the reviews guys.
Thanks for posting the pics and the video of the new song--I like it!:thumbup:
Best jimmy show i've ever seen. holy sheeeet!!! i'm trying to process it all still
Nah, I'm not jealous. Not at all. I swear!
Jimijam Wrote:Edit: Charity's youtube page has all her vids up. Check 'em out and send her some love :-)

wow. thanks for all that. it's good to hear about shows like this because i'm pretty sure its shows like this that made so many of us fall in love with OURS and jimmy's talent as a performer. i haven't been to an acoustic show of theirs in a long, long time and though i've gotten to see some killer full-band shows, i do long for something like this... perhaps at schubas again some day. so thanks for the set list and video links. it sounds like an unbelievable show.

-c-
ha. so last night i made the comment above. and today, i'm glad to admit that i heard OURS will be playing a show at Schubas november 24th. hot damn. dreams can come true! k, back to writing about automated guidance systems for agricultural machinery! Fun fun fun fun fun . . .

-c-
fenoglio8 Wrote:ha. so last night i made the comment above. and today, i'm glad to admit that i heard OURS will be playing a show at Schubas november 24th.

I knooooow! It probably won't be acoustic though. But who cares!!!

Quote:k, back to writing about automated guidance systems for agricultural machinery! Fun fun fun fun fun . . .

That actually made me smile, which is very, very nice right about now.