Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/3/09 show!
I'm.so.jealous.

I hate you idylls!
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm DYING to know how the show was tonight!!
I'm on my blackberry and i hjate typing on this thing (like i wrote something earlier and it didnt post grrrr) so i will write more later but...
This was such a cool show! The openers were actually the kids that are students at the school of rock. Their families were in the audience watching, videoing and photographing. The kids were really awesome and jimmy and static got up on stage with them for a few songs. Thats when jimmy sang "one". He also did "paranoid android". Hearing both those songs was incredible. Holy shit i couldnt believe they did them!
Before the kids left the stage, locke and race got up on stage with them, jimmy and static. Jimmy invited anyone who knew the lyrics to moth to get up on stage and sing with everyone. He said you better come up if you know them cause you'll regret it tomorrow.
Anyway, here's the setlist for the show:
Willing
Mercy
Black
Ran away
Here is the light
Saint
Murder
Live again
Autumn
Sometimes
Miseryhead
Fallen souls
Get up (with Zoe)
Worst things beautiful

What a great night and so glad i got to say hi again Kathilyn. Also happy to have finally met some of those familiar faces i've been seeing the last 6 or so months!
.....Paranoid Android? :O :O :O mgklhj;kljknhlh'!!!
Wow. That is badass. I really fucking want to hear that!!!!
idylls Wrote:I'm on my blackberry and i hjate typing on this thing (like i wrote something earlier and it didnt post grrrr) so i will write more later but...
This was such a cool show! The openers were actually the kids that are students at the school of rock. Their families were in the audience watching, videoing and photographing. The kids were really awesome and jimmy and static got up on stage with them for a few songs. Thats when jimmy sang "one". He also did "paranoid android". Hearing both those songs was incredible. Holy shit i couldnt believe they did them!
Before the kids left the stage, locke and race got up on stage with them, jimmy and static. Jimmy invited anyone who knew the lyrics to moth to get up on stage and sing with everyone. He said you better come up if you know them cause you'll regret it tomorrow.
Anyway, here's the setlist for the show:
Willing
Mercy
Black
Ran away
Here is the light
Saint
Murder
Live again
Autumn
Sometimes
Miseryhead
Fallen souls
Get up (with Zoe)
Worst things beautiful

What a great night and so glad i got to say hi again Kathilyn. Also happy to have finally met some of those familiar faces i've been seeing the last 6 or so months!

So awesome!!! So can't wait to see pictures/video/recording (perhaps from the husband of the year idyllis? Wink )

Thanks for letting us all know! Smile
Zoe? WOW

Hope those recordings surface!

Thanks for "phoning in" Wink
::remembers the awesome TT the Bear's Place recording::

I love you idylls!

KidA, as soon as I read that, I thought of you. Your reaction is exactly what I expected. :-)
Paranoid. f'ing. Android.

*flails and dies*
wow, not only stoked that Jimmy sang that, but that little fucking kids could play it.....*wishes he could have got up on stage to sing Moth*
Yeah, I really, really, really need to hear it.

As well as see Acrobat flailing. If you didn't capture that for YouTube, Acrobat, I'll never forgive you.
I seldom flail in the presence of others, much less videotape it for the world to see. Come down to Atlanta the next time Ours plays, though, and you might catch a glimpse. Wink
damn i wish i made it there..i had car issues, like it not fucking starting.

man, i would have went up on stage and butcherd 'moth' with pleasure haha
it's probably one of the hardest songs to sing.
So i had a little listen to the recording over coffee and bagels with Hipster (love you!) and it sounds pretty good. I'll be home in a few hours and will upload "one" and "paranoid andriod" tonight.
Thanks so much, idyllis! Can't wait to hear 'em.
Holyf'ingshit.

I'll think of more to say when I hear these amazing sounds. I'm jealous, and I look forward to anything posted. Big Grin
Here's my photos. It was awesome. Saw lots of friends, and the show itself was amazing. Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gansky/sets...167143018/

[Image: 3167375529_972a1992ae.jpg]

[Image: 3168230648_c3a0a3f489.jpg]

[Image: 3168469756_06c976c0ab.jpg]

[Image: 3168413160_ee8bea2e34.jpg]

[Image: 3168434690_d7d0889b84.jpg]
Oooh, can't wait to hear the Paranoid Android recording!! Thanks Idyllis -- I'll check back in later.

K, your pics are as always awesome. Smile Thanks for posting them. I really wish I could have gone.

And Trathena, Erin doesn't really flail in the presence of others....I am the flailer of the two of us. *Smirk*
Fantastic photographs, Kathilyn! I love them! Big Grin
Great photos, K! The ones of Jimmy and his daughter are too cute. And holy crap, was Static actually singing in one of them?
Trathena Wrote:::remembers the awesome TT the Bear's Place recording::

which one is that? I have one from August 2002 (my first Ours show), but are you talking about one from 2008?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Chicago show 8-29-21? eyestheskies 1 247 09-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Penny Dreadful fans will see someone familiar at tonight's show blasko66 2 1,041 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  nov 28 nyc show starlit 8 1,789 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
  nj show 4/19/14 starlit 8 1,012 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: northstar80
  8/19/2013 Middle East Show in Cambridge, MA luciddream71 9 1,144 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
  8.10.13 prophet bar show review & pics starlit 12 1,086 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Last Post: watchtower
  bowery show review starlit 1 580 07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  Atlanta show 5/29/13 chilibun 3 784 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  Charlotte show, 06/04 Xxtayce 16 1,367 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: chilibun