Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/3/09 show!
Those pictures are awesome Kaitlyn. Super clean. What's your set up?
how cool ! the videos are so cool--thanks for whomever posted them!

i am not crazy bout Paranoid Android....but Jimmy did a decent job of it for sure. i was very impressed with the kids music abilities! they rocked. maybe at that age i was still playing with my dolls...hehe
Thanks very much for the compliments. Smile I use a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi, with Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 lens.
flowergirl11 Wrote:how cool ! the videos are so cool--thanks for whomever posted them!

i am not crazy bout Paranoid Android....but Jimmy did a decent job of it for sure. i was very impressed with the kids music abilities! they rocked. maybe at that age i was still playing with my dolls...hehe

you mean the performance, or the song itself?

yeah, i think its weird
Thank you so much EVERYONE for all of this.

This thread makes me happy.
Acrobat Wrote:

*shit-eating grin*

Paranoid Android video. I love how Jimmy dances and jumps just as if he was with his own band, singing his own music. Respect.

They are all fantastically talented, but the lead guitarist is especially impressive. Does anyone know his name?
did i read that vid description right.. those kids are 12 yrs old?
Christ...... jimmy is a vocal GOD.

....was Static reading the lyrics to One? Tongue
Kathilyn Wrote:
Wished For None Wrote:....was Static reading the lyrics to One? Tongue

LMAO.

Yes...

That's funny. Did anyone get a picture of him doing as much?

Quote:Christ...... jimmy is a vocal GOD.

Yes, yes he is.
Nine Wrote:
flowergirl11 Wrote:how cool ! the videos are so cool--thanks for whomever posted them!

you mean the performance, or the song itself?

the performance could have been somehow MORE of jimmy's OWN interpretation or twist to it, but i dont like that song either.
So maybe thats probably why the cover didnt strike me. i know i am the only one. so i guess its the greater good for the greater number....ha ha ha...so who am i to say?? so many people loved it.
I think if he starting riffing everywhere, the kids probably would have been thrown off...maybe..
I am overwhelmed with all of this. Static reading the lyrics to "One" is hilarious but endearing. Thanks for sharing guys!
flowergirl11 Wrote:the performance could have been somehow MORE of jimmy's OWN interpretation or twist to it

That would have been cool, but has Jimmy ever even sung this song live before? It's much easier to change up a song that you've had a lot of practice with, even when you're as good as he is. Even with songs that he covers often, like Crying, he pretty much sings them the same way every time. (Maybe that's why I like the version from idyllis' birthday show so much; he makes a few subtle changes to to the melody that are really fantastic.)

I doubt he had that much rehearsal time with the kids, so... *shrugs*. I just personally dig that song and was thrilled to hear him sing it.

And yep, Static not knowing the lyrics cracks me up. Considering how long he's known Jimmy, I figured that by now he'd have learned the entire U2 catalogue through osmosis or something. Wink
So, where is the rest of the show =)
luciddream71 Wrote:So, where is the rest of the show =)

its finally getting listened to and cut right now. should have it up shortly
EXCELLENT!!
Thank you all!!! i'm looking forward to checking this stuff out!! nice cover choices!!!!
Thanks to all for posting the videos--they thawed my frosty northeastern heart, lol. Jimmy's generous spirit never ceases to inspire me, and hearing him sing those covers made my week!

Great pics, too! You guys/gals are the best for sharing!
Those covers ruled.. that must have been an amazing night! thank you!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Chicago show 8-29-21? eyestheskies 1 247 09-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Penny Dreadful fans will see someone familiar at tonight's show blasko66 2 1,041 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  nov 28 nyc show starlit 8 1,789 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
  nj show 4/19/14 starlit 8 1,012 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: northstar80
  8/19/2013 Middle East Show in Cambridge, MA luciddream71 9 1,144 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
  8.10.13 prophet bar show review & pics starlit 12 1,086 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Last Post: watchtower
  bowery show review starlit 1 580 07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  Atlanta show 5/29/13 chilibun 3 784 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  Charlotte show, 06/04 Xxtayce 16 1,367 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: chilibun