Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distrails (Fans of NEVERENDING WHITE LIGHTS + others)
http://www.myspace.com/distrails

[Image: distrails.jpg]

This ep is pretty sweet. The singer is good, he sings a lot of falsetto in fact. But actually, it's a bit more subdued at times than a lot of the wailing Jimmy or Matt Bellamy are known for.

Great use of piano..some strings..quite moving.

I put it on again this afternoon. Really well-written, tasteful string sections. The guys in this group I imagine listen to a lot of classical music, as it's all over many of the songs on here.

honestly, it's definitely one of, if not thee best EP I've heard all year. It's 8 tracks, so it's not like 1 of those eps with a couple of songs and that's it.
anyone ever check these guys out?

I finally got around to buying a hardcopy..well-worth it. So, I also just sent them a message on myspace the other day and Bitsy from the group sent me a long thing back.

As it turns out, the drummer/singer also plays with the band TELESCREEN who impressed a lot of folks on that tour with dredg last fall.

And being from NC, I asked about if they knew groups like Annuals and House of Fools, and as it turns out they don't tour much, but locally they've played with HoF like 50 times, lol.

But maybe the biggest thing is..finances permitting, they are working on new stuff already..like 5 or 6 songs already written, and a bunch of others in progress. Likely will be out later this year (they said they'd like to do 2 albums if they could).

So pencil in these guys for the '09 Anticipation list!
Darren and I bought this album a few weeks ago, I must say I like them a lot. IMO the singer has a really good voice and I don't just say that about anyone haha.

definitly worth checking out.
hey, that's great to hear Ashley! Yeah, I got addicted to that EP for 4 or 5 weeks last year/early this year. I'm totally looking fwd to their next work. I should send them another message soon to see if they have any more info on their next release.
Definitly keep us up to date Smile
https://www.thesixtyone.com/Distrails/so...8uPOPC6db/

[Image: 0638242921_l.jpg]

1 My Child
2 Cavities
3 Dry Flies
4 Bad for the Billows

"Dry Flies" new 4-song EP came out in December. These guys can do no wrong in my book. I'm addicted to these already, jeezus.

"Broken English" live.
Thanks alot, really. I'm an instant fan.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neverending White Lights? razzledazzle 16 6,295 11-20-2015, 05:15 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Dredg Fans- Link To Webrip Leak Of The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion toolerawk 21 7,747 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: devinemarko
  The Antlers: I REALLY THINK MORE OURS FANS SHOULD HEAR THEM SoundscapeMN 9 1,206 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
  SCOTT MATTHEWS (Jeff Buckley fans esp) SoundscapeMN 6 949 06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
  Blindside Fans? dmmtv 6 911 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Last Post: digenger
  Any Nine Inch Nails fans? KidA 51 7,741 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  For fans of the heavy: my band's new EP Sinistas 2 652 11-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Last Post: GridWave
  Neverending White Lights at the NXNE festival in Toronto Ahn Dromeda 6 1,090 06-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Last Post: inn
  Uk fans... inn 8 1,232 06-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Last Post: inn