Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Roxy -12/6/08 - Hollywood
silver Wrote:
splithesky Wrote:Everything is Energy opened??? That's rad shit. Chris Shinn has an incredible voice.

Nice...! I remember DL being one of Chris Shinn's favourite albums back in the day - and that is also how i've gotten into Ours in the first place. Same thing with Jimmy and "23" by Blonde Redhead. Influence has it's ways "and shit" - i'm always checking out the new albums or bands mentioned by the artists and people i appreciate.

I got into EIE through Ours... through photography in a round about way. I hadn't really heard of Chris until then. Super nice guy and he creates some beautiful music. Not trying to hi-jack the thread but I recommend everyone at least give it a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/thesoundisaw
lol D, you think you hijacked the thread? Smile
Ha! *high-fives Sanzen*

I'll check out EIE when I get home. Thanks for the recommendation.
Sanzen Wrote:lol D, you think you hijacked the thread? Smile

HAHAHA! Good call.
Awesome...the messageboard's getting all bitchy again...hmm I remember what happened last time we turned on each other .... Wink
^ When was this? Must have been before I joined . . .
Hey guys, my friend Charity put up some vids from the show. Check 'em out.

I'm Monster(with Lukas Rossi)

Meet Me In The Tower (with Duke from PJA)
Nice! Pass on our thanks to Charity. Smile
redjez Wrote:Awesome...the messageboard's getting all bitchy again...hmm I remember what happened last time we turned on each other .... Wink

This will liven the mood!

Trathena Wrote:^ When was this? Must have been before I joined . . .

many many years ago...either the previous messageboard or the one before that!
redjez Wrote:

Were any of you ever on the Colony board?
dunno what the Colony board is..the first one I joined was back in 2001 with the likes of blackpopsicle, lfarina, starboy, uptonight......etc
Fiasco! Wrote:
redjez Wrote:

Were any of you ever on the Colony board?

the colony!!!!! I remember that!! wow, I had forgot about it. I only posted a few times. but wow, I wonder how many fans from that board still post here.
what was the Colony board?? I'm curious now...
redjez Wrote:what was the Colony board?? I'm curious now...
\

Well if you're gonna ask you'll never know! ;P

(kidding!, but to be honest, I forgot where it was located, it was a street team thingy, if I do remember currectly)

Hayley, am I right? do I win a cookie?
That board was good times
Black pops and starboy really kept the board going, and the cat fights were great.
My old user name was better, too.      o well, i have my memories
hmm, musta been on there then....i remember when i met black pops i was like "I THought you were a girl!"
ahh, those were the days !
Here's a pic from the show that my friend Charity took.  The big smiling Jimmy pic :-)

[attachment=216]
Great pic Jimijam! Thank your friend for letting you share it. Jimmy is so beautiful when he smiles:lovestruck:
LAUREN, for this post you win 1 free Internets!!!!

LAUREN_OURS_FAN_#1 Wrote:LMFAO!! This is why I hardly get on this message board LOL! Welll..... Firt off,,,, OLGA is my friend mother fukers, secondly she is a talented ARTIST whom I FAVOR, yeah she's sarcastic & so what, FREEDOM OF SPEECH BITCHES. Why do you even give a fuck what she says! LOL You fans sometimes are unbalieveable.. Secondly, to that girl who almost got the set list, I GOT IT!!!! WHY CAUSE IM LAUREN OURS FAN #1, what did you expect after I put it back, that I was gonna leave it there.. ANYWAY!! LOL!!  Also, if the band drinks or not who cares!! If people yell loud at Jimmmy who cares, unles thier talking shit to him thats different. You know some people get so intense that they want to drink during the shows. Some ppl are so passionate they are just just. They do what they please, they didn't grow up like you, they don't live life like you, no one is the same so what the fuck!! I drink at all the shows, and Im not hating on Olgas opinion, I respect what she says, it's her opinion, all I know is that she really loves OURS so much, just like me and that's all that matters. I f Ihad to complain all I would complain about are thoes seeral certain people who rub me wrong and are stuck the fuck up conceited or coniving... That annoys me, because I am none of that..Do you hear me whinning over it NO!! The girl that kisses Jimmy, well she seemed to have done it out of wanting her own pleasure, and whatever but atleast she did. Even if he didn't like it, I want to point out that there's alot of , I want to say BITCHES, but I don't think alot of you are so Ill say females who are possible in love with him or very infatuated LOL with him. He is hot and his musoc is passionate, but why criticise. Seriously people do what they do, and well as along as he and the band are fine and in good healt its all that matters. Things like that make shows memorable for whom ever.. Its just a story along  life... Whats the big deal you guys! You know what Im not perfect, Ive had my days at shows doing my own caous, but oh well we all know we all love this band alot. To the people wo stay sober, what can I say, oop Im sorry. Another thing Ive only been sober twice out of all the shows, I cannot hardly take it being sober I get too excited. But again Im ot agoodie like all you sober ppl, and I wont say Im sorry for that. IF I ever bumped people in the head I DO SAY SORRY, and they know I am. But thats my way of enjoying the shows. I did grow up being a party animal oh well you know, and one more thing.... If I get another broad giving me attitude or giving me a peice of her mind over MY actions (during the shows, like on sat to the right of me) I will make sure she wishes she didnt know me, Im tired of females swearing they can tell me whatever they think they want to.. You do not know me there fore don't even come near me..I am the last female anyone wants to fuk with.. LITERALLY

PS The show was so fukin good they kicked ass at the end and during live again, duke is a really nice person, so is their new drummer, and he did sogood, and well man the band seems to have done so well it will be s show i will never forget, oh and the chick who kissed jimmy made me open my mouth so wide in shock and i wanted to laugh so hard after.. I didnt hate her... IT was sooo funny you guys...Jimmy almost got red or blushed, he was totally surprised and had the weirdest flirty face..Not his fault though..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/29/08 - ACOUSTIC Hollywood Show FunPal 13 2,129 02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Last Post: bxdash
  Roxy Hollywood - 12/6 Chief 0 448 10-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Chief
  7/1/08 The Roxy, West Hollywood, CA Kathilyn 33 4,058 07-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Last Post: splithesky
  Roxy show dissapointment keano 33 6,289 08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Last Post: JackMartinEF
  Roxy show June 5th dunlop 11 1,400 06-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Last Post: SammyDoll