Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how bout them Cubbies?
redcoloredstar Wrote:forget buying cookies.  I'll make them.  They're my favorite!  And don't forget the margaritas!

well than get started! ahhh, home made cookies. my second love. how I eat you so.
well done christy! cookies and margaritas? really? if you're going to be drinking alot, consuming things that will make your vomiting appear sicker than it already is, is probably not the best idea. Smile

but you should def. celebrate!
Thanks for the advice BG. Luckily I didn't need it last night even though my maragrita was almost the size of my face! mmm margaritas :grin:
Fiasco! Wrote:
beautifulghost Wrote:and i guess it's probably just nearest baseball team in the region?
I suppose, but I thought that it was always about the Yankees because they're so popular!

Chair. Nice. simple, to the point.

I am sitting in a chair!

(this could be The Random Thought Thread - on the Dresden Dolls forum there's one for random posts, but they turn into discussions too and then more random posts get put in even in the middle of a conversation/discussion... it's cool!)

The ......... thread on Traversing comes to mind... :grin:
anyone else celebrating Boxing Day this year?
What on earth is Boxing Day? I've been meaning to ask you that. Am I the only person who's never heard of this?
redcoloredstar Wrote:What on earth is Boxing Day? I've been meaning to ask you that. Am I the only person who's never heard of this?
It's a gift-giving holiday in Canada (and I think in other countries across the world), right?
yep. "the day after Christmas" is actually a holiday! it's celebrated mostly in the British Commonwealth countries and in my home. Smile basically to them it's an extra day off work and they use it to shop or hang out with family and friends....
I use it to have a dinner for my friends and give them gifts that night. it's always a good time!

here's a link if you want to read about the history of the holiday....cause i'm not going to type all that here....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

Smile
I'm drunk.

Also? I've had shingles for two weeks. Some of the worst pain I've ever been in. In my entire life. And I'm old. Today is the first day I've felt halfway decent in two weeks.

I'm also drunk.
I saw Dee Snyder (singer of Twisted Sister) in the mall today... and as I was leaving the parking lot I saw him again, turns out he parked in the spot diagonally from me. Smile
Trathena Wrote:I'm drunk.

Also? I've had shingles for two weeks. Some of the worst pain I've ever been in. In my entire life. And I'm old. Today is the first day I've felt halfway decent in two weeks.

I'm also drunk.

the bartender in me says YAY for drunkeness!! Smile
Fiasco! Wrote:I saw Dee Snyder (singer of Twisted Sister) in the mall today... and as I was leaving the parking lot I saw him again, turns out he parked in the spot diagonally from me. Smile

haha awesome, I'm pretty sure Willie Nelson has come in to where I work before. haha I've fed Willie.
Hayley you should've said he blocked your spot and then starting singing "we're not gonna take it" Smile

And Ashlee I'm assuming Willie Nelson comes in there 100x a day because of all his munchies??

The only "celebrity" i've seen outside in the real world, not in a venue, was Leann Rimes in the Nashville airport, her douchebaggy husband gave me the "don't even fucking try to come near us dude" look as i was sitting down minding my own beeswax. I just looked up when they were walking by and realized it was her...didn't say hi, didn't do a damn thing but head-nod acknowledge their existence.

Speaking of douchebags, who's the biggest celebrity douchebbag (musician, actor, etc) you've ever met???
My husband had a peanut butter sandwich with Barack Obama the other night, in one of his dreams. Does that count? ;-)
He dreams about Obama at least a couple times a week.
I met Paul Schaffer while in New York. My friend asked if he'd take a picture with her, which he did, but it was obvious he just wanted to be left the hell alone.

I met Ralph Nader at a book signing. He was friendly.

i hate paul schaffer, letterman would be so much more enjoyable without him chiming in.....

I meant celebrity DOUCHEBAGS, not just celebrities......i don't give a shit about the nice ones lol

Mine was Howie Day, complete dick.
OK, then Schaffer fits the bill. Nader? Not so much.

Howie Day is a dick? Oh how disappointing. Care to give details?

I "met" Jon Crosby online once. Instant Message. He wasn't so much a "dick," but it got uncomfortable because he was very quick to take offense. And then he got dickish. :-)
Why Howie Day is a dick
by beautifulghost

On July 1st 2005 I went to see Howie Day and Gavin DeGraw perform in concert at the Fraze Pavilion in Kettering, Ohio when at the merch table browsing the swag it was made known to me that if you purchased a t-shirt you could get a wristband for a meet and greet afterwards, since i usually buy t-shirts at shows i attend anyway, i did so without hesitation and looked forward to meeting these two talented fellas. After watching what i thought were 3 very good performances (the opener was Michael Tolcher) I went to stand in line for the m&g and the security announced that those who had Howie Day bracelets should get in his line 1st because Howie would only be signing 100 autographs and Gavin would be signing 300, also there would be no photos with or of Howie and nothing would be signed but the tshirt you purchased. So after the line shift i steadily made my way to the booth where lil Howie was sitting, when i was about 2 people away from him a younger girl runs back behind the table and her friend snaps a photo of them, Howie looks up very angrily and says to his manager "I thought i told you NO PICTURES, if this happens again i'm just gonna walk out" *cue my respect level for the little Maine native plummeting* so when i was my turn, he didn't even look up at me so i put my open hand out in front of his face in a handshake jesture and then he looked up, realized i was a dude and shook my hand. I said "Thanks for putting on a good show, i really enjoyed it" and he said "thanks man" I then asked him to auotgraph my shirt "to another fan of Jeff Buckley" because i knew he liked him too, he said "sure" and signed it.

I then walked over to the Gavin DeGraw line, and as i watched Gavin DeGraw for signs of assholeness i was pleasently surprised to see that not only was he not an asshole, but one of the nicest "famous" people i've ever seen, girls were taking pics with him, he was signing anything they gave him and every girl that came up to him, he gave a big smile and said "Hey Sweetheart" or "Hey darlin" or something of that nature. and they ate that shit up! So since he was so giving I got an autograph for a friend who couldn't come and i got a photo with him, i also thanked him for a good show and he seemed genuinely grateful. not only did he sign the 300 autographs they said he would, but he stayed until every last person that wanted to meet him did, regardless of whether or not they bought a shirt. That's the proper way to treat fans and human beings.

I think honestly that the only nicer bands i've met, meaning they go out of their way to be nice, are OURS and Plain Jane Automobile.
beautifulghost Wrote:Speaking of douchebags, who's the biggest celebrity (musician, actor, etc) you've ever met???

The biggest? hmm... I've met a lot.

I'd probably say biggest musician was Rivers Cuomo, backstage at a concert in 2002, I was his guest with a few other fans (from a message board/website contest)... and he didn't say anything except "hello" and later on asked where I was from. I played foosball against him.

Biggest general celebrity, I'd say Ron Jeremy.
god i hate winter.....too damn cold