Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how bout them Cubbies?
And when it's wet, it the worst. We have severe weather alert right now because of the fog!

In other news, I spent most of the last three days reading the entire 15 vol. Battle Royale series. It was incredibly good!

Has anyone else read this series? It's my first manga.
nope sorry, i've never read any magna....i do read other comics though...
Big Grin
Well, maybe we should have a "What have you read?" thread?
well then you would have an endless supply of things to talk about Smile
go for it!
I think that later tonight I'm going to open up a bunch of fun threads. What the hell?

But we still have to keep this thread for Random Shit (tm, me). It's just way to cool.

I fucking love this band.
OURS? :lovestruck:
2009, how scary and amazing it is.
Trathena Wrote:Well, maybe we should have a "What have you read?" thread?

I read Gods Behaving Badly over the winter break...I really disliked the description of the Underworld. Other things too, but mostly that.
Awesome. Doesn't look like I'm going to need to open a new thread after all. :-)

lifer_refil Wrote:I read Gods Behaving Badly over the winter break...I really disliked the description of the Underworld.  Other things too, but mostly that.

Did you not like it because it was violent or disturbing, or did you not like it because it was poorly written?
Well, it's definitely not well written, but I like the concept...sort of, Greek gods in the modern day. It was a super-fast read and a semi-amusing book.

Spoiler:
The Underworld was just horrible. When a soul goes in, they are somehow pulled to this booking/employment place. The lady that dies is taken in and is told that souls that don't have jobs just lay around depressed, so it is best to have a job, for her placement she is asked what her experience is. She was a cleaner (house cleaner) and had a degree in linguistics. However, none of that mattered there because there was no dirt to clean and everyone could understand each other. Yada, yada, then they find that she loves playing Scrabble. They are SO happy and give her a job as a Scrabble opponent. Wtf? Architects and engineers have the duty of IMAGINING up the buildings, landscapes, sidewalks, etc. Which, I guess, is a different way to look at this place that we've "seen" or read about differently, so in that sense, it's alright.
Random shit...was watching the TV...History has this special on the so called IMPENDING APOCALYPSE...i cant stand mass media trying to take advantage of the new year by trying to create some stupid hysteria/fear...how irresponsible....that pisses me off more than ITS COLD OUT!!!

as for the cold, hey look at the bright side--at least gas is cheaper...
agreed. and the people who see that Israel's at war and look at the world economy and say "it's the endtimes, biblical prophecy, blah, blah, blah" have used the same lines for every major event since the commonization of the torah/biblical texts....all the people who are waiting for jesus to come back are going to die waiting, it's not gonna happen.

the shitty thing is, people take religion WAY too fucking seriously, you can believe what you want, just don't kill someone because they don't agree with you.

and btw the gas prices are back on the rise......still not at $5 a gallon but they've risen 60 cents since the start of the new year

beautifulghost Wrote:agreed. and the people who see that Israel's at war and look at the world economy and say "it's the endtimes, biblical prophecy, blah, blah, blah" have used the same lines for every major event since the commonization of the torah/biblical texts....all the people who are waiting for jesus to come back are going to die waiting, it's not gonna happen.

the shitty thing is, people take religion WAY too fucking seriously, you can believe what you want, just don't kill someone because they don't agree with you.

and btw the gas prices are back on the rise......still not at $5 a gallon but they've risen 60 cents since the start of the new year

yeh-- the whole thing of killing in the NAME of religion is RETARDED !!! when in all the major religions, it is a major sin to kill. wouldnt it be so much easier to LITERALLY put the weapons down on BOTH sides ??? but no...we stick to who is wrong and right.

i have this ludicrouse way to avoid war --- play a VIRTUAL WAR and give over MONEY everytime there is a loser.... ha haha....isnt that pretty funny?

tonight was another armegeddon show....it was a good one in its entertainment value.... about CATACLYSMIC impending disasters --and how they were prophesized by ORACLES in the past...never knew there wa an ACTUAL MERLIN. that was news to me. but these shows are comical.... the oracle stated " There shall be BIRDS FLYING in the air and their talons will be of STEEL"

its like could you get any vaguer please...and then dissecting every cyllabal of something that really could apply to any damn event!!

SIGH !!! why does TV make us the DUMBEST COMMON DENOMINATOR...?
so i guess it was NEGATIVE 50 degrees in Minnesota?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!
For your viewing pleasure!

lol that was awesome

my eyelides were freezing together, that's how cold it was today Sad
I'm drunk!
i am for bears procreating.
I just got off of work and am cooking mac&cheese Big Grin

and I have a very silly (or stupid?) kitty... I could hold one of her bell toys in my hand and shake it and she'll go crazy looking for it... cat's are silly Tongue

and she knows how to annoy me!!!