Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a third mod.
So can those of us who offered to help out be considered Hayley's Minions?

Can we?

I only ask because I want to be able to harangue and verbally flog others like ThisOtherKingdome, BeautifulGhost, Razzle Dazzle, and Nine.
Fiasco! Wrote:If someone is causing problems, or if you have an issue with a poster the best advice is not to antagonize them and not to encourage them. Usually people that spam want to upset a community and get a rise out of the posters. By giving them attention, you are giving them what they want. By ignoring them, they have nothing to feed on.

Yeah, about that... heh. Sorry, guys, but I was having fun and REALLY bored at work. I won't do that again. (Feed the trolls, that is, not have fun. Because I plan on that. Having fun, I mean. I'll stop now.)
Acrobat Wrote:Yeah, about that... heh. Sorry, guys, but I was having fun and REALLY bored at work. I won't do that again. (Feed the trolls, that is, not have fun. Because I plan on that. Having fun, I mean. I'll stop now.)

Well, look, to be fair, by the time we realized that Olga was a troll, it was already too late. She was on a roll.

And Acrobat, you were one of the ones for which she opened a flame thread. That's next to impossible to ignore. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Actually, I was kind of honored. I've never been referred to as "Barbie" before. Wink
is their certain regulations as to being capable of being a mod? like post count, because i personally would love to be a moderator of a forum,.
yeah i think although you have less posts, your brain's bigger, like seriously, this whole drama was all because of a group going against one and using power instead of self-control to resolve things, yet y'all acted like you were extinguishing some imaginary beast.
and lol, i wasn't coming for a meal, i was trying to share, but you failed within less than 24 hrs.
It was actually the fact that you were using hateful words like "faggot" and other things like that, looking down on a lot of the fans and making post to personally attack members, and posting thread after thread after thread. than deleting them. making the board very messy.

well now that "self control" is no longer a issue. there's no problems. everyone's fine.
plus a normal order of events, things happen, things react, I'm more sensitive when it comes to things besides my well being, so I reacted to way too much, panicked about some stuff, basically it was my passion driving me nuts, not some stupid depression emo crap, though I haven't hugged anyone this month yet, but whatever ppl suck
not faggot, fag. in a cute way, english aint my first, those words sound less harmful to me, sorry. but if you don't like it, fine, whatever, i have an ok vocabulary.

other stuff, whatever it's endless, there are many sides, like I said oh well...it was fun though ^_^"" (no social life Undecided)
btw, most of the time I can't even say more than two sentences, I never really talk, that was rare, some "inner talker" just came out and poured some ideas for me...words are in physical amounts it seems..talking does drain me and make me feel tired, empty, and bad, it's punishing until I find a good conclusive statement....*sigh*
Since all the filling have nothing to do with conclusion.

Ok...back to normal.
Faggot, fag, whichever, it's the same and it's not cool at all. obviously, look at the reaction from it. I don't understand how some people enjoy hurting others. I'm just looking for peace.
but "oh well" it's in the past. and the board is doing just fine now and there's no need for more mods at the moment. I don't think we ever would get to the point where we need more, actually.. it's a small group and everyone's usually really cool to each other : )
and I sort of defined f-- to be a man/woman who acts like a mannized-"woman," not a person of a specific preference. but the word's out of my system, i'm into clean words nowadays, just way too much profanity lately...but the mannized-"woman" offended me as a female, looking like a clown and wigging hips all funny....but now it's all just amusing or like whatever I don't care what people do anymore.
You can argue all night and even into next year on whether or not certain words are offensive... but the fact of the matter is - it's in the eye of the beholder.

The administrators and moderators here are the ones who ultimately decide what is deemed acceptable or unacceptable content for these forums. This is a forum on a website that is not owned by Ours or any corporation or public - it is privately own (the website) and these forums are provided by both the private website and the private forum developer who hosts the forums but allows the private websites to determine how these forums are used (so long as they follow their terms of use).

Long story short - if you are courteous to the forum's posters, community, and the band and you listen to the moderator/administrator's warnings about how to post appropriately then there is no problem. But when warnings are ignored, when posts that are deemed to be hateful, disrespectful or inappropriate are made - action is then taken.

Now this is all general.

I can get into the details of this specific situation, if you want my insight and my point of view then please PM me and I'll happily discuss the situation with you - in a peaceful manner only.

I do not feel it's necessary, nor appropriate, for me to go into detail about it here. In fact, I think you should feel free to discuss your opinions, but maintain respectful tone and avoid any sort of argument or content that would require this discussion to end and the thread to be locked to avoid conflict and hate-posts.

Misunderstandings happen. If people don't understand why things they write can be upsetting or offensive, okay fine, we can sort it out through communication. However, when spam is being posted constantly on the board, despite warnings and second, third and fourth chances, hateful attacks are being posted through PMs or threads etc. that's just not acceptable.

TO EVERYONE:

If there is a post, thread or user on here that you feel is using this forum inappropriately or in an offensive way than contact me via PM and we'll sort the situation out reasonably. Just because someone says "SO AND SO SHOULD BE BANNED" or "THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED!" doesn't mean that it should. But at the same token, just because 100 people are replying hatefully or whatever it may be, doesnt mean that such a thread is appropriate here.

If any of you have any questions about my moderation, or suggestions that are not general to this forum, feel free to PM me, I'm a nice person, I'm polite and I reply quickly. If you are not sure if what you are posting is appropriate, you're better of not posting it at all or asking before you do.
in some beholders, previously offensive things that touch the eye again are perceived as an argument....like daaaaaamn. I've had so many experiences with these kinds of people, that sound like a broken repetitive tape recorder, and take all aims personally, that now I make sure to tune out to silence whenever a same song starts playing.
like boo hoo poor victims of self-centered emotinal damage. boo hoo

READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ

and leave abc's to kids
Okay.

PM me if anyone has any questions or concerns relevant to the initial intention of this thread.

Everyone's sentiments about adding another moderator have been taken into consideration and it's something that is being thought out. If any of you would like to discuss this further as a general topic, please create a new thread.

This thread has served its purpose and can no longer garner replies that are relevant to the intended discussion.

Since this thread was created with a specific instance, and user in mind, and it appears that it is being derailed, I think it's best to end discussion on it now before it escalates further into an off topic thread of nonsense.