Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration
Anyone watching?
My heart's in my throat!
DICK CHENEY IS NO LONGER OUR VICE PRESIDENT!!!!
We are now free of these last eight years, everyone.

<--- loves the world right now.
I just watched --- totally teared up especially when he started talking about the troops who lay in Arlington and those who are overseas...my brother is being deployed in the spring. *sigh*

But change has indeed come. And for that, it is a happy day.
Fucking awesome, y'all. We hooked up a TV with rabbit ears at work so we could watch (and two people from this office are in D.C. right now). I'm grinning like a moron.

President(!!) Obama's speech was brilliant. And I really, really like saying "President Obama."

In other news, what the fuck was on Aretha Franklin's head?
Acrobat Wrote:Fucking awesome, y'all. We hooked up a TV with rabbit ears at work so we could watch (and two people from this office are in D.C. right now). I'm grinning like a moron.

President(!!) Obama's speech was brilliant. And I really, really like saying "President Obama."

In other news, what the fuck was on Aretha Franklin's head?

One of the guys at work said that she looked like the Statue of Liberty with that thing on her head.

After seeing Aretha's, I actually IM'd a friend that I'd never again mock Jimmy's Fucking Hat.

But President Obama? That's orgasmic, y'all.
Trathena Wrote:After seeing Aretha's, I actually IM'd a friend that I'd never again mock Jimmy's Fucking Hat.

But President Obama? That's orgasmic, y'all.

Word to that.

And I don't mock Jimmy's fucking hat. Just hate it.

But seriously, the first words out of my mouth when I saw Aretha's were 'WTF is she wearing on her head'
I now desperately want to see Aretha Franklin's hat. Big Grin
Pirate Girl Wrote:I now desperately want to see Aretha Franklin's hat.  Big Grin

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/galle...celebrate/

First picture.
We were sent a streaming link at work, but I had to be away from my computer until just a few minutes ago. :|
Pirate Girl Wrote:I now desperately want to see Aretha Franklin's hat.  Big Grin

Me too haha.

I got to watch the inauguration from the begining up UNTIL Obama first came out, than I had to haul ass to the bus stop Sad I missed his speech.... I'm out having lunch right now (ahhhh, Panera bread) and can't wait to see everything I missed!

WFN, I posted a link to a picture of Aretha in said hat a couple of posts up.

And yay Panera. Smile
SarahBeth Wrote:WFN, I posted a link to a picture of Aretha in said hat a couple of posts up.

And yay Panera. Smile

Doh! I really shouldn't zoom through post... I totally missed that, HAHA.. what a hat! imagine Jimmy wearing THAT instead of TFH. I'd love to see what Nine would have to say then Wink

and yay for Panera indeed. I'm back here waiting for the bus home. I got 30 minutes to kill until then Smile

I'm so excited knowing Obama is in charge now. I can't wait to see what will come in our future(s)
Wished For None Wrote:
SarahBeth Wrote:WFN, I posted a link to a picture of Aretha in said hat a couple of posts up.

And yay Panera. Smile

Doh! I really shouldn't zoom through post... I totally missed that, HAHA.. what a hat! imagine Jimmy wearing THAT instead of TFH. I'd love to see what Nine would have to say then Wink

and yay for Panera indeed. I'm back here waiting for the bus home. I got 30 minutes to kill until then Smile

I'm so excited knowing Obama is in charge now. I can't wait to see what will come in our future(s)

Its cool - I zoom through posts too. She came out in that hat and one of the guys I work with made a comment about the statue of liberty on her head. *Smirk*

And Jimmy wearing THAT.....hat....I suppose it can be called....instead of TFH - holy shit, that would be classic. I think that we'd ALL have lots to say about it then....
glad Bush is gone (again) and happy that the guy I voted for actually won (still a little sad it wasn't Hillary) but i'm hopeful that Obama will actually do what he said he would. Let's just hope he doesn't pull a "Harvey Dent" on us
SarahBeth Wrote:

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/galle...celebrate/

First picture.

BEGORRAGH! What an absolute horror!
just watched the inagural address and boy can that guy give a speech!
well done sir!
plus I got a shout out! "our nation is made up of Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus...and Non-Believers"
I think that's the first time a Presidents ever used Non-Believer in a positive way! sweet! now if we could just get him to not oppose gay marriage, he'd be just peachy with me.

(btw i'm not gay, just a proud ally)