Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OURS TOUR INFO
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.as...rchBy=Ours Touring with Blue October... not so kewl. but it's news check the bo myspace.
Never heard of blue october. Are they any good? Not a big fan of any "opening band" gigs. I'd rather see a full set.
Pretty generic rock, and i say that with apologies to any possible fans of BO here. :/
Ugh, I really hated what I've heard of Blue October. I will go.
I'm gonna pass on the St. Louis date. $50+ for two tickets to see a short set isn't worth it to me, not to mention it's falling on a bad week for me. April 5th is the Ours show, and I already have plans to go to concerts on the 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th of April.
i'd go if there was a show anywhere near me. i'm getting a little tired of living in middle america.
I sort of lucked out, I already planned on driving up to Denver to see Cold on April 4th, so I'll just go a little sooner and extend my stay to catch Ours on April 1st.
I wonder why Ours hasn't announced this yet? Good find!

Quote:Date City Venue Tickets
Thu 03/12/09 Chicago, IL The Bottom Lounge

Mon 03/16/09 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore

Appearing with Blue October
Wed 03/18/09 San Diego, CA House Of Blues

Thu 03/19/09 Las Vegas, NV House Of Blues

Sat 03/21/09 Los Angeles, CA Club Nokia

Sun 03/22/09 Anaheim, CA House Of Blues

Thu 03/26/09 Portland, OR McMenamins Crystal Ballroom

Fri 03/27/09 Seattle, WA Showbox At The Market

Sat 03/28/09 Spokane, WA Knitting Factory Concert House

Tue 03/31/09 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot

Wed 04/01/09 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre

Fri 04/03/09 Omaha, NE Sokol Auditorium / Underground

Sat 04/04/09 Omaha, NE Sokol Auditorium / Underground

Sun 04/05/09 St. Louis, MO The Pageant

Mon 04/06/09 Lawrence, KS Liberty Hall

Fri 04/10/09 Austin, TX Stubb's Bar-B-Q / Waller Creek Amph.
Blue October aren't anything I've ever loved, but I guess considering Manson and Circa Survive, they make a lot more sense to tour with to me. Their singer sounds a lot like Peter Gabriel at times. But I suppose it's moot unless a date hits my town anyway.

I thought Ours were going to be spending most of the year working on the next LP, but maybe they are going to still be able to tour a bit?
Fiasco! Wrote:I wonder why Ours hasn't announced this yet? Good find!

Well, the dates are on Ours.net and MySpace, but no actual announcing.
of course they're not playing the Providence date in May...just that Blue October band that I've never heard of...oh well.
spaz Wrote:of course they're not playing the Providence date in May...just that blue October band that I've never heard of...oh well.

Blue October is playing in Prov. in May? Maybe Ours will be playing with them then -- all we can do is wait and see if the dates get extended.
SoundscapeMN Wrote:I thought Ours were going to be spending most of the year working on the next LP, but maybe they are going to still be able to tour a bit?

They can't not tour for 2 reasons...
1. Money
2. They love to play

That's why I take every time it's said with a grain of salt.
Nine Wrote:
SoundscapeMN Wrote:I thought Ours were going to be spending most of the year working on the next LP, but maybe they are going to still be able to tour a bit?

1. Money

ah yes, the life of a talented band....

NO DETROIT DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
wafflestomper Wrote:
Nine Wrote:

1. Money

There are no Boston dates either..... Sad

But maybe some will pop up later this spring/Summer?
from the newsletter:

Hi Everyone,

Well we didn't expect this to happen, but as you may have seen, we have a bunch more dates. This tour came up and it sounded like it would be a lot of fun, so we decided to put everything else on hold for a few weeks, and get back out there. I wanted to tell you all so that you didn't feel like we were misleading you after our last announcement. We're all doing well and we look forward to both touring, and getting back to recording. Hopefully we'll see you all out there.

Much love,
Jimmy

idylls Wrote:from the newsletter:

Hi Everyone,

Well we didn't expect this to happen, but as you may have seen, we have a bunch more dates. This tour came up and it sounded like it would be a lot of fun, so we decided to put everything else on hold for a few weeks, and get back out there. I wanted to tell you all so that you didn't feel like we were misleading you after our last announcement. We're all doing well and we look forward to both touring, and getting back to recording. Hopefully we'll see you all out there.

Much love,
Jimmy

What a sweetie. Smile Thanks Idylls for bringing it over here. Smile
Are these guys really popular or something? They're doing two shows in Austin, I wonder if they're doing that because both will sell out? Hmm? I will attend both dates but def. not for Blue October....Opening band may have it's benefits...maybe I can buy Jimmy boy a drink Wink
wafflestomper Wrote:
Nine Wrote:

1. Money

Chicago is super close to Detroit!
There's no Australian dates either... :wink2:
I'm sorry, but I couldn't get through two songs on their myspace profile. Those guys are awful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new tour! blasko66 0 214 01-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  the tour is here! blasko66 0 218 06-16-2021, 03:32 PM
  August 2016 Tour SarahBeth 17 2,383 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: starlit
  summer tour!!!!!!!!! starlit 1 921 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM
  Spring Tour, 2014 jade 7 961 05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jade
  2012 tour starlit 91 9,518 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Last Post: silke
  2012 tour with peter murphy!!! starlit 30 3,472 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Last Post: jade
  round 2: more 2012 tour dates! starlit 0 899 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  New Tour Dates *Updated 10/5, NEW Culture Fix Show 10/29 Added* SarahBeth 169 33,989 10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Summer Tour 2011 Media Thread *Videos from TX, NY, NC added 8/20/11* SarahBeth 25 3,615 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth