Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OURS TOUR INFO
What exactly happened with that Circa tour?
wafflestomper Wrote:What exactly happened with that Circa tour?

It was pretty negative, at least in my one experience. I saw them in SF, and there were two acts before Ours, so by the time Ours was on, the kids waiting for Circa were really restless. Their entire set, the kids were yelling at them to "Get off the stage!" or "We want Circa Survive," etc.

Jimmy handled it well I thought. And it wasn't as brutal as the Manson tour. But yeah... it was disappointing, and I was so livid with this kid standing near me, I took off right after they were finished.
i ended up loooooving Circa...and that tour was so much FUN. Although I must admit I didnt spend that much time watching bands....it was just a great time had by all. At least offstage Smile
In my opinion, Circa Survive is an amazing band. Don't let the issues from the tour sway your opinion of them. Check out the Juturna album, it's pretty incredible. The problem with tour wasn't the bands, it's the fan base. Circa are in with the whole "myspace generation" of kids. The majority of these kids think way too highly of themselves and they seem to have an opinion on everything, even if they know nothing about it. They are insecure and for the most part accomplish nothing with their lives, so they try to compensate by bringing other people down. What most of them don't realize is that Anthony(singer for Circa) specifically brought Ours on that tour because he's a huge fan.

Deezy
i have Juturna, and the other one, Their fans are pretty childish, i had one of them try and argue with me about my Beliefs over a Bulletin they left, Dont try and out smart someone who really does read the bible once in awhile, I cant stand Kids...

What was bad about the Manson tour? i for sure thopugh all those goth kids ( sorry i couldnt resist) would Love Ours???
wafflestomper Wrote:What was bad about the Manson tour? i for sure thopugh all those goth kids ( sorry i couldnt resist) would Love Ours???

Here are two concert reviews and one incoherent embarrassment to Manson fans everywhere, Wafflestomper.

http://killtheband.createmybb.com/showth...hp?tid=779

http://killtheband.createmybb.com/showth...hp?tid=753&pid=10189#pid10189

http://killtheband.createmybb.com/showth...hp?tid=743&page=1
wafflestomper Wrote:i have Juturna, and the other one, Their fans are pretty childish, i had one of them try and argue with me about my Beliefs over a Bulletin they left, Dont try and out smart someone who really does read the bible once in awhile, I cant stand Kids...

What was bad about the Manson tour? i for sure thopugh all those goth kids ( sorry i couldnt resist) would Love Ours???

I know you were only kidding, but it's funny...just about all of the Ours fans I've met and most of the ones I saw at the show I went to in December, just regular looking people for the most part. None of these overly affected personalities that you see in other circles. I think they attract people that just genuinely like music. You can't profile an Ours fan by what they look like.

Hm, I guess the other half of that is because they really just look like normal guys. Jimmy sometimes whips out the eye makeup, but other than that...nope. A lot of those Manson fans I guess are trying to mirror his image not just by looks but personality as well..."rebels." So I guess some of them end up in rebellion with people who aren't even against them.
Sanzen Wrote:A lot of those Manson fans I guess are trying to mirror his image not just by looks but personality as well..."rebels." So I guess some of them end up in rebellion with people who aren't even against them.

But then there are cool Manson fans like the chick I hooked up with in college, or Nine, who is totally fucking awesome and introduced me to Kent, for which I will always love him and feel like I freaking owe him money or something.

Well of course, I was referring to the type that made the tour hell for Ours.
Oh, I know, Sanzen! I was just being my old silly self.

Of course, I meant every word. ;-)
c'mon couple of random east coast dates! Jimbo can't resist.
spaz Wrote:c'mon couple of random east coast dates!  Jimbo can't resist.

Yeah! Boston, Providence.....

Not picky here....*smirk*
Trathena Wrote:Oh, I know, Sanzen! I was just being my old silly self.

Of course, I meant every word. ;-)
Just being clear. Don't want to seem like I'm generalizing. Smile
SarahBeth Wrote:Yeah! Boston, Providence.....

Hell, you'd even take a tour date in Cambridge.
Acrobat Wrote:
SarahBeth Wrote:Yeah! Boston, Providence.....

Hell, you'd even take a tour date in Cambridge.

*smirk* That too. When I said Boston, Cambridge was included in that.....
Just roll with the joke, mmmkay? *smirks back*
i dont go to a lot of shows anymore because of the Morons that often Frequent shows, especially the metal shows, im so sick of the sweaty fat guy with no shirt yellign "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!", every metal show has one of those guy, and they always try to be king of the pit...
Hey all,

I've been a Blue October fan since 2000 and they're one of the best live bands I've ever seen.  Ironic thing is that the songs of theirs that have become popular recently are not their best songs.

Blue October's best album was 2000's "Consent to Treatment".  Their 2004 live album "Argue With a Tree" is also worth checking out.

They were lumped into the late 90s/early 2000s post-grunge genre with bands such as Matchbox 20 and Third Eye Blind, but I think they're much better than any other music from that genre or time period.

They catch a lot of flack because of the singer's image (he wears eyeshadow, has a mohawk, black fingernails, gets really wild and crazy and dramatic on stage), but I don't care about any of that.  The music is amazing and touching, and they have a strong emotional bond with their audience.

I suggest Ours fans check them out and give Blue October a chance with an open mind.

Here are some links to some Blue October videos.  Enjoy!

1. Amnesia
2. Independently Happy
3. HRSA
4. Drop
5. Angel
6. For My Brother
7. Italian Radio
8. Somebody
9. Razorblade
10. James
11. Amazing / Weight of the World
12. Sweet and Somber Pigeon Wings

The only two songs I know by Blue October are those I heard on VH1 (or was it MTV?), and so I didn't feel within my rights to comment. But I always enjoyed that video they did where they were doing "Melville in the Park." ha!

Thank you for the music, Keiv. I'll check it out.  It seems that Ours is getting pretty good reviews on the Blue October message board. I'm glad. Please thank them for treating our band so nicely.

Oh, and I had no idea that Plain Jane Automobile opened for them too! Ours said that they "thought it would be fun" to tour with Blue October, and that's probably why. Especially if James is still drumming for them.

Finally, eyeliner, black nail polish, and a mohawk? Gets emotionally tied up with what he's singing? As far as I'm concerned, all of these things are positives, hon.
I'll give the stuff a listen, Keiv. Thank you for posting it.

I did notice that you posted a link to Sour on the Blue October board -- you should know that it was a demo recorded in 1994. While I do love a lot of the stuff on Sour, the songwriting and general sound of the band has changed a bit since then (when I say "changed," I mean "matured" and "gotten better"), and they never play any of those songs live. And Jimmy's voice on it cracks me up; not because it isn't good, but just because he sounds so young. What was he, 19 or 20 when they recorded that?

Distorted Lullabies and Mercy will give you a better idea of what to expect from them. Precious will to a certain extent, but most of those songs don't find regular rotation in their setlists for one reason or another. The music player on ours.net has every song they've ever officially released, so you can listen there if you like.

And I'll echo what Trathena said: eyeliner, nail polish, mohawks, and intense emotional connection to the music when performing live? You won't find any of us around here having a problem with any of that. If anything, that'll make me like someone even more. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new tour! blasko66 0 214 01-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  the tour is here! blasko66 0 218 06-16-2021, 03:32 PM
  August 2016 Tour SarahBeth 17 2,383 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: starlit
  summer tour!!!!!!!!! starlit 1 921 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM
  Spring Tour, 2014 jade 7 961 05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jade
  2012 tour starlit 91 9,518 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Last Post: silke
  2012 tour with peter murphy!!! starlit 30 3,472 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Last Post: jade
  round 2: more 2012 tour dates! starlit 0 899 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  New Tour Dates *Updated 10/5, NEW Culture Fix Show 10/29 Added* SarahBeth 169 33,989 10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Summer Tour 2011 Media Thread *Videos from TX, NY, NC added 8/20/11* SarahBeth 25 3,615 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth