Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?)
some news about the next album..heavy classical influence?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7918410.stm

Quote:By Georgie Rogers
6 Music News reporter

The band have their own recording studios at Lake Como in Italy
Muse's new studio album could see them move away from their traditional rock sound to create a more "orchestral", classical offering.

Frontman Matt Bellamy said: "There's some really brilliant songs coming out, some of our best material I think."

The follow-up to 2006's Black Holes And Revelations is expected later this year coinciding with an Autumn tour.

Last month, the Devon band picked up the NME award for best live band for the second year in a row.

Speaking to BBC 6 Music, Bellamy revealed the record's sound could see the band abandoning their traditional rock leanings completely. We'll be knocking on Classic FM's door, you know

Muse frontman, Matt Bellamy

"A symphonic album has turned up here, like a full collaboration with an orchestra," he said.

"There's definitely a few things on the album which are segueing into each other and it's all very orchestral, but that could take over the album, so it could actually be kind of classical act basically, and move away from rock all together.

"We'll be knocking on Classic FM's door, you know?"
Very cool, thanks for the info! I do like Muse - I think they're different - looking forward to whatever they end up putting out. Smile
Hope you don't mind my hijacking this thread, SoundScapeMN. But since it's about Muse music in 2009, I feel it's kind of appropriate?

Muse will be touring with U2 this fall!

http://www.muse.mu/index.php
HEY!

Is nobody listening? Muse is about to go on tour, bitches!
yeah I saw that like a week ago (Fiasco on twitter I recall). Certainly relevant. I would go if they hit my town. I've never seen U2, but I also don't plan on forking over more than about $50 for a ticket (I buy/get in free often from someone with an extra on the street anyway).
SoundscapeMN Wrote:yeah I saw that like a week ago (Fiasco on twitter I recall).

::grumble::

The Internet is a race and I'm always huffing and puffing and coming in last.
that would be the tits, double d's in fact
I love Muse, can't wait to hear more music from them.
I fucking hate U2, but I'm sure they will go over well and blow them off the stage.

beautifulghost Wrote:that would be the tits, double d's in fact

haha
Haha, the "in studio" videos they're posting are hilarious. I think they're yanking our chains...

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/news/
one thing MUSE doesn't do is take themselves too seriously, they have fun with the music and that's great.

I really wish the new album sounds like the "jams" in between songs they were doing for the "Black Holes and Revelations" tour, they really heavy "audioslave-ish" stuff. they can bascially pull off any style though and i'm sure whatever they make will be great
Chances are, they were actually Tom Morello riffs. I didn't see them on that tour but I've seen them in the past and on that latest DVD they put out, the jams in between had real obscure Rage and Smashing Pumpkins riffs among them.
what are the exact dates? the only one I've found is for the Giants Stadium one. They added a 2nd date in MA, but it says Snow Patrol is opening. The first show appears to be sold out and doesn't have an opener listed yet.
i think the dates were in Sept?
spaz Wrote:what are the exact dates?  the only one I've found is for the Giants Stadium one.  They added a 2nd date in MA, but it says Snow Patrol is opening.  The first show appears to be sold out and doesn't have an opener listed yet.

I do give bands like U2, Springsteen, Jovi credit for filling those places, but I'll be damned if I go to another stadium show unless I'm in the front row.
You will never really be near the stage or close enough where they don't like like little dots and the sounds drifts off to nothing.
I just don't get it, it almost seems like an ego thing for these bands.
gotta take whatever Matt says in the press with a grain of salt.

Regardless, I am looking forward to it!
I love U2, but I'm not paying $250 (that I don't have) for seats that aren't even on the damn floor of a stadium show. Not even if Muse is opening.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is your favorite album cover? musicisart 13 3,858 05-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Last Post: clarrywhites
  Thoughts from Philly, album petition, etc... dancingaloneindc 11 2,491 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Muse - The Resistance (2009) SoundscapeMN 40 4,632 04-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Imogen Heap - Ellipse (2009) SoundscapeMN 2 666 12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Last Post: rsgold
  Where the Wild Things Are (2009) movie+soundtrack SoundscapeMN 2 634 12-15-2009, 02:49 AM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Your Upcoming Shows Formica Linoleum 53 6,976 09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  2009 Albums of the Year Anticipation/Tracking SoundscapeMN 47 5,573 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
  Road recovery 2009 digenger 2 435 05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Last Post: digenger
  JELLYFISH Tribute Album; Was Jimmy Approached? SoundscapeMN 1 780 11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
  Syd Barrett Tribute Album featuring dredg, Jesu SoundscapeMN 4 735 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: toolerawk