Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Idol
Tarantino? Awesome. He was a guest judge back in... shit, I forget. Season 3, I think. And though most of the guest judges fell flat, I thought Tarantino was the best one by a mile. He's apparently a huge fan of the show.
Spouse: “You know, I'd be perfectly justified to do so, but I can't bring myself to hate Randy anymore than I can hate a five-year-old child.”  Hee!

Damn, I'm going to miss Simon's commentary.

Allison: She just reminded me of all the reasons I wasn't impressed with her at the beginning of this show.  I don't think she sounded good at all. Flat and off-key.  I have no idea what the judges heard that I didn't.  Allison is a one-trick pony.

Anoop: Tarantino is trying to make a boring song less boring.  Impossible.  Anoop did well, very well, but he's found a safe place in torch songs that could quickly get tiresome.  But he's in the box the judges have wanted him to be in, so they love him. He does sing well, though.

Adam: Axle Rose/Adam Ant sings “Born to be Wild.”  I'm sorry.  I'm gonna age myself here, but y'all I came of age to this song.  This song . . . for the first time since he's been on this show, Adam isn't paying attention to the song.  He's gotten too comfortable.  The singer of this song is a brooding menace that's just barely being released. Adam's idea of “wild” is not the original writer's idea of wild.  Simon's right that it was “vocally incredible,” but I think that I can't judge without bias here.  This song is just too much in my psyche.  That being said, Adam's voice is just stunning.

Matt: What's with all these boring torch songs?  Spouse: “Scott leaving the competition has left a void in which Matt has been sucked.”  Oh Matt. You're off tonight. What the hell is going on?  Oh well, he won't get voted off.

Danny: He had one bad note, but this was a great job.  He really pulled it together, and I'm sure that was hard to do after that crappy note.

Ahh, Simon mentioned David Cook's “Hello.”  The memories.  That was a fucking awesome performance.

Commercials:
Me: What the fuck are they doing to Star Trek??
Spouse: [sarcasm]They're making it relevant.[/sarcasm]
Me: You remind me every second why I married you.

Kris: Oh! Once!! Oh Kris! I love this.  Best performance of the night.  Spouse: “Lots of musical intelligence here. He thought his way through the song.”  Randy is retarded.  There was no such thing as “pitchy” in that performance.  Randy's just never heard the song before.  UnneededKara thinks it's obscure?? It won an Oscar!!

Whatever. Best performance of the night, and I say this having not heard Lil.  Because, come on.

Lil: She's trying, but her rendition is butchering this song.  But here, Randy.  Here's your goddamn “pitchy.”  Spouse: “She thinks she's doing so well.  She thinks this is her 'Summertime.'”

Paula just gave her a Goodbye speech.  Hey, the spouse was right.  Lil does think she did perfectly.

Lil needs to go.
Allison - I love her and think this was a good song choice for her even though I fucking HATE that song. Shame she had to sing it so poorly. It was all over the place. I can buy that with the loudness and crappy acoustics that the judges didn't notice, but wow, that was rough. And the key she sang it in was weird -- at first it sounded too low, like she was swallowing her words, and then it seemed too high. But that makes no sense, because she has a good vocal range. I dunno. It was all just off. And whatever insane person they have dressing her forgot his meds this week.

Anoop - I'm fucking sick of this song, too. Fortunately for Anoop, he totally won me back here. The melody changes he made were interesting and he sounded awesome. Second best of the night.

Adam - Oh, Adam. I love you, I really do. But this was Iron Maiden: The Musical. I think rock songs need a certain amount of spontaneity to them, but I could practically see you thinking, "Okay, pose here, walk over there, stomp a few times, back this way to headbang..." I admire the gusto, but this song is so played-out that not even your ridiculously awesome voice could save it. Some of those high notes were insane. But he looked like somebody playing a rock star on Broadway.

Matt - Christ, these contestants can't pick songs for shit. This could have been good, but he was all over the place, pitch-wise. He looses control of his voice when he sings too many runs. And he sang too many runs like he normally does. Flat and sharp moments throughout.

Danny - Okay, who the fuck decided to make this Overwrought Wailing Ballad Night on this show? A mostly good job singing a boring song. Love that Simon name-checked David Cook as if to say, "Remember the guy who won last year? You are nowhere near as good or interesting as he is." And he isn't. He'd have kicked ass in Season 2 or 3, but right now this shit ain't cutting it.

Side note: Tarantino's advice of, "Okay, stick your hands in your pockets. Now try and sell this song to me without cheesy arm gestures," was ridiculously intuitive. THAT is why it works to have a guy like him mentor the show -- I adore Smokey Robinson, but he never would have given advice that astute.

Kris - FINALLY, somebody picks a great song that isn't all played-out! Randy was smoking crack; this was fantastic. Best of the night by a mile. And major kudos to the backup singer there, too.

Lil - I am so over this girl, and Simon is too. They slam you for picking a Celine song one week, so you go and choose Bette Middler? The hell, Lil? You're, like, 23 years old and you're coming off like you're 35. Not good. The vocal was wobbly and unsure, and her backtalk was bullshit. "But I put my own gospel spin on it!" Yes, Lil, you did, but that doesn't matter because it wasn't very good. And, strictly in terms of this show: they don't give a shit if you can do gospel passbly well, because gospel doesn't sell.

Should go home: Lil, Danny, or Matt.
Not going anywhere: Danny and Adam.
I am worried for: Kris. I fear that America won't get it.

Edit: Trathena, I think that to the standard Idol viewer, "Falling Slowly" IS obscure. Yeah, it won an Oscar for best song, but so did a Randy Newman tune that I couldn't name if you put a gun to my head. Also, I need to sit down and watch this show with you and your hubby one of these days. Imagine the snark!
Acrobat Wrote:Anoop - The melody changes he made were interesting and he sounded awesome. Second best of the night.

Agreed, except that I'd say Adam was second best.

Quote:Adam - I could practically see you thinking, "Okay, pose here, walk over there, stomp a few times, back this way to headbang..."

Right! Right! That's what I meant when I said he wasn't thinking about the song, but rather his performance and how impressive his voice is.

His performance didn't fit the song. Though his voice was perfect.

Quote:Danny - Okay, who the fuck decided to make this Overwrought Wailing Ballad Night on this show?

I know! I asked the same question! (though not as cleverly.)  All these slow torch songs. bleh. I guess "Born to be Wild" is a welcome relief.

Quote:Love that Simon name-checked David Cook as if to say, "Remember the guy who won last year? You are nowhere near as good or interesting as he is." And he isn't. He'd have kicked ass in Season 2 or 3, but right now this shit ain't cutting it.

Completely agree here.  I like Danny, but he's not as good as Adam or Kris. But he's better than Matt and Anoop and Allison.

Quote:Side note: Tarantino's advice of, "Okay, stick your hands in your pockets. Now try and sell this song to me without cheesy arm gestures," was ridiculously intuitive. THAT is why it works to have a guy like him mentor the show -- I adore Smokey Robinson, but he never would have given advice that astute.

Right! Right! I remember when he totally failed Megan by not warning her what a bad, bad thing she was about to do.

Quote:Kris - FINALLY, somebody picks a great song that isn't all played-out! Randy was smoking crack; this was fantastic. Best of the night by a mile. And major kudos to the backup singer there, too.

Yep.

Quote:Lil - I am so over this girl, and Simon is too.

And I blame the judges.  She never should have been allowed out of Hollywood in the first place, but they had to have the demographics.  She's doing exactly what she did in her audition and exactly what she did in Hollywood.  And now they're blaming her for singing like she's always done.

Her bitching was inarticulate and classless, but she kind has reason to be pissed.  She's their token "black, female, adult contemporary" singer.  The problem is she isn't a "black, female, adult contemporary singer" who has a good voice.  They didn't pay attention to that in Hollywood because all they saw was the package.  This is on them, not her.

Quote:Edit: Trathena, I think that to the standard Idol viewer, "Falling Slowly" IS obscure. Yeah, it won an Oscar for best song, but so did a Randy Newman tune that I couldn't name if you put a gun to my head.

Yeah, but "Falling Slowly" is good. ;-)

Quote:Also, I need to sit down and watch this show with you and your hubby one of these days. Imagine the snark!

I'll make margaritas!
Quote:I like Danny, but he's not as good as Adam or Kris. But he's better than Matt and Anoop and Allison.

I'd say Allison is better than Danny. On a good night, Matt and Anoop CAN be better than Danny, I think. But yeah, Cook owns 'em all.

Quote:Right! Right! I remember when he totally failed Megan by not warning her what a bad, bad thing she was about to do.

Hee. In Smokey's defense, though, Megan had this tendency to sound good in rehearsal footage and then shitty on the live shows.

Quote:Yeah, but "Falling Slowly" is good. ;-)

So very true. But as great a performance as that was, and as good of a song as that is, I'm not sure that the contestants have figured out the difference between "a good song" and "a good song for Idol." There is a difference, and they'd do well to figure this out. Fortunately, the gamble worked.

Quote:The problem is she isn't a "black, female, adult contemporary singer" who has a good voice.  They didn't pay attention to that in Hollywood because all they saw was the package.  This is on them, not her.

Partially, yeah. On the other hand, I do think she kicked ass on the Mary J. Blige song in the semis and she absolutely deserved to get through based on that. Eh, it goes both ways. She did great in the semis and has tanked ever since. They're all to blame for this.

Quote:I'll make margaritas!

Sweet! Shall I bring chips and salsa?

Oh, and is it my imagination, or did Miley Cyrus actually sound pretty good? I know, I know. Kill me. But vocally, she just outdid Allison and Lil last night by virtue of actually being on-pitch.

Okay, and if Matt sings the hell out of this, they might actually save him tonight. We shall see.

Edit: wow, he sounds MUCH better tonight.
Awww. That was sweet.
Acrobat Wrote:
Quote:I'll make margaritas!

Sweet! Shall I bring chips and salsa?

Sure! Do you like guacamole?

Quote:Oh, and is it my imagination, or did Miley Cyrus actually sound pretty good?

I don't know. I muted her.

Quote:Okay, and if Matt sings the hell out of this, they might actually save him tonight. We shall see.

I think they'd planned to save the person tonight no matter who it was. They knew their favorites (Adam, Kris, Danny, Allison) weren't going to be voted off anyway.  But even so, they'd be justified in keeping whoever it was, simply because at this point everyone is good enough.

But next week we lose two, so Matt and Lil are gone.

And yeah, that was really sweet.
Not a guacamole fan, but where do you stand on cheese dip?
I fucking love cheese dip.
Dammit, I missed the Erin and Trathena show last night. Oh well, catch up time!

Quote:Ahh, Simon mentioned David Cook's “Hello.” The memories. That was a fucking awesome performance.

Wasn't it though? That's when I fell in love with Cook.

Quote:Kris: Oh! Once!! Oh Kris! I love this. Best performance of the night. Spouse: “Lots of musical intelligence here. He thought his way through the song.” Randy is retarded. There was no such thing as “pitchy” in that performance. Randy's just never heard the song before. UnneededKara thinks it's obscure?? It won an Oscar!!

I LOVED Kris's performance myself. Definitely best of the night. And I ran to download it from itunes SO fast. Got the original too. He's absolutely a dark horse. He can get into the top 3 if he keeps picking songs like that and being SMART.

Quote: Also, I need to sit down and watch this show with you and your hubby one of these days. Imagine the snark!

Um, I am so there with you, Erin & Trathena! God, could you imagine the snark. Made 10 times better with liquor.

Quote:And I blame the judges. She never should have been allowed out of Hollywood in the first place, but they had to have the demographics. She's doing exactly what she did in her audition and exactly what she did in Hollywood. And now they're blaming her for singing like she's always done.

Her bitching was inarticulate and classless, but she kind has reason to be pissed. She's their token "black, female, adult contemporary" singer. The problem is she isn't a "black, female, adult contemporary singer" who has a good voice. They didn't pay attention to that in Hollywood because all they saw was the package. This is on them, not her.

Agreed.

Quote:I'd say Allison is better than Danny. On a good night, Matt and Anoop CAN be better than Danny, I think. But yeah, Cook owns 'em all.

Damn straight!

Quote:Oh, and is it my imagination, or did Miley Cyrus actually sound pretty good? I know, I know. Kill me. But vocally, she just outdid Allison and Lil last night by virtue of actually being on-pitch.

Miley actually did sound kinda good tonight. Not your imagination.

Add me to the cheese dip lovers club.
SarahBeth Wrote:And I ran to download it from itunes SO fast. Got the original too.

Here is the entire soundtrack:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fo50x4

Caveat: I've not tagged this yet. It's a new file. I hope it sounds OK.
Okay...so did any of the other viewers here have a teary-eyed reaction to you-know-who's performance tonight? As soon as I saw Paula loose it during that high note, well . . . it was all a little too much for my empathetic emo self to handle, and I knew I was a goner, lol!

Not only were most of the songs not performed in a disco way, but several of them were never disco in their original versions. Earth, Wind, & Fire? R&B, not disco. "I'm Every Woman"? Not disco. "She Works Hard for the Money"? 80's pop. Ah well.

Lil - Go. Home. Ugh. And SHUT UP. She looked great, at least, but that's about it. Like always, her voice was all over the damn place. And when a song is associated with Chaka and Whitney? Stay far, far away.

Kris - Kickass. He just keeps getting better every week, doesn't he? I wouldn't mind seeing him in the final two. I'm not even sure why I like him so much, because the kind of music he obviously wants to make is not the kind of music I'd buy. Still, he's great. It annoyed me to no end that Paula and Simon argued about stupid shit unrelated to the performance during the critiques, because it should have been four judges in a row all going, "Awesome!" Instead we got the Paula & Simon Show, because it's all about them. Ugh.

Danny - Okay, is he blowing the judges before every show? I don't get it. Let me get this straight: the judges (rightly) criticize Lil for being unoriginal and making bad song choices. Then Danny goes out and 1) does a karaoke version of 2) a song that doesn't really fit his voice, and they love it? Paula thinks he's "pitch-perfect?" Paula is also on quaaludes, so whatever. His voice is going out on him, it was too shouty, had pitch issues, and the performance was straight-up "Drunk Uncle At a Wedding."

Oh, and Paula? Please don't speak on behalf of me ever, ever again when you tell Danny that all women think he's got the sexiest voice EVAR~! Because: no.

On the plus side, I think last night was the start of Simon beginning to turn on Gokey.

Allison - That kicked 9,000 kinds of ass. And that's a lot of ass. Awesome. Screw the judges, girl, that arrangement was great.

Adam - Sigh. I sort of don't know what to say here. He's fabulous and I want him to win, but this kind of bored me. Brilliantly sung, yes, but if he was looking for another "Tracks of My Tears" or "Mad World" moment, I wasn't really feeling it. I feel like I should apologize for not loving this. If there was ever a week for Adam to totally go nuts onstage, it was this one. Not "Songs From the Movies" week. C'mon, Adam! The only disco diva on this show is you!

Have y'all noticed how he always alternates a ballad with an up-tempo song? I'd put money on him doing a high-energy number next week, because as we all know, he's not going anywhere.

Matt - As cool of a moment as it was for him last Wednesday, I'm starting to think that the judges wasted their save. If Allison or Kris ends up going home tonight, they definitely wasted it. It was good karaoke, as opposed to Lil's bad karaoke, but still. He did just fine, but nothing to convince me that he actually earned that reprieve.

Anoop - I appreciate that he tried to rearrange it, but how can you re-tool a disco song and have it come out even dippier than what you started off with? The arrangment was completely toothless, and his voice wasn't as good as it's been in previous weeks. YOW on that last note. Dig the goatee, though.

Going home: Definitely Lil. I have no idea who else.
Should go home: Based on last night, any of Anoop, Danny, or Matt would be fine.

I'm hoping for Danny to get the shockingOMG~! boot, but I fear it might be Allison or Kris.
Very quick comments tonight. Not much play time for the next couple of days, I'm afraid.

Last night's show was very boring for me. I couldn't concentrate.

Lil: “Sing it ladies!” No. I'm not every woman, nor do I want to be.  Randy: “You definely can sing.”  No. No she can't. Stop telling her she can sing.  Spouse: “They're driving her nuts.  It borders on cruel because she's not smart enough to grasp what they're telling her.”  Who is she as an artist, UnneededKara?  First, she's not an “artist.” There's no need to go any further.

I never, ever accept “I've been sick” excuses.  And I really wish they'd stop letting her rant on the stage.

Kris: Is it ethical for Ryan to tell us, “I think you're gonna like this.”  If I'd never heard this song before, I'd hate it.  Consider if we didn't know he was singing another song that he'd rearranged.  That being said, yeah he did fine.  He didn't push himself.  But it was fine.

Kris is our next Duncan Sheik.  Meaning, I'm going to think some songs are brilliant and some are boring.  Also? Paula's comments regarding “shopping in the women's department” is hysterical considering Kris' unfortunate religious beliefs.

Danny: This song needs a five guy group.  Danny kind of looks old and lonely up there.  I love the bridge, though!  Spouse: “They skinned Lil alive for unoriginality, but not Danny.”  UnneededKara is right about the pitch, though.

Allison: I enjoyed most of this.  This is great.  Good for her. Spouse: "She's great for her age, but that shouldn't be what's keeping her in the competition."

Adam: Damn.  Spouse: “That was the best he's ever done.”  He was singing this . . . it was in his eyes. Very powerful.

Matt: Stayin' Alive.  Spouse: “No, dude, you're not.”  The Spouse thinks that—in this company—Matt was second-worst.  I nod, but secretly think that Matt did great.

Anoop: All of them are taking disco songs and not singing them in a disco way. Have you noticed? . . . I found that I didn't even listen to Anoop tonight. I don't know why.

It's too bad that two have to leave.  It needs to be Lil and Matt.

Sorry for the lazy commentary.
Acrobat Wrote:Not only were most of the songs not performed in a disco way, . . .

You noticed that too? Awesome.

Quote:but several of them were never disco in their original versions. Earth, Wind, & Fire? R&B, not disco. "I'm Every Woman"? Not disco. "She Works Hard for the Money"? 80's pop. Ah well.

Oh my God! You're right! How the heck did that happen?

Quote:Danny - Let me get this straight: the judges (rightly) criticize Lil for being unoriginal and making bad song choices. Then Danny goes out and 1) does a karaoke version of 2) a song that doesn't really fit his voice, and they love it?

That's what my spouse said! Awesome.

Quote:Adam - Have y'all noticed how he always alternates a ballad with an up-tempo song? I'd put money on him doing a high-energy number next week, because as we all know, he's not going anywhere.

I noticed that too. But he's thinking about the judges as well as the audience. He'll never get a "that was safe" comment from them. He's playing this smart. It's predictable, but the judges are too stupid to notice. They just think he's "versatile."

Quote:Matt - As cool of a moment as it was for him last Wednesday, I'm starting to think that the judges wasted their save.

I've thought that all along, actually.

Quote:Going home: Definitely Lil. I have no idea who else.
Should go home: Based on last night, any of Anoop, Danny, or Matt would be fine.

I think it will be Anoop or Matt. I really think that Allison and Kris are fine for now.

::toasts you with my margarita::
That might have been one of the best hours in the history of the show, quality-wise. EVERYBODY was good. Varying levels of good, but still. And I really liked Jamie Foxx as a mentor. What the hell is going on here? I usually can't stand his obnoxious ass, but he was really sweet and involved with the contestants. In other strange news, I found that the judge I most agreed with last night was, of all people, Kara. I think she got it pretty much exactly right with everyone.

Kris - I like that he knows that he's not the best pure vocalist in the competition, nor does he try to be. He picked a great song, sang it really well, and sold the hell out of it. Loved this.

Man, Simon wants Kris gone, doesn't he? Shut up, Simon.

Allison - Fucking AMAZING. Like, one-of-the-best-performances-of-the-season amazing. Did Simon dip into Paula's quaalude stash before the show or something? Because this, "Well, it was great, but it also sucked" judging of his is pointless and stupid, and has nothing to do with anything. I've seen every season of the show, and Allison is the only teenager in its history who has a normal, cool personality and isn't either vapid or a precocious little stage-bot.

Shut UP, Simon.

Matt - This was the worst of the night, but go figure; it was still really good. Bad, BAD idea to sing this song, though, after Melinda did it a few seasons back. I actually liked the first half more than the second, because when he's not singing so many goddamned runs, his voice sounds lovely.

But Simon praised THIS over Allison and Kris? Because it was more "emotionally connected" or whatever it was? Matt was the only person I saw on the stage last night who didn't find an emotional selling point for the song. I am living in Bizarro World. Or Simon is, because that was the most blatant piece of bullshit judging I've heard from him in a while. I think he's got an agenda, and he wants Kris and Allison to go home before Matt. God forbid the judges look stupid for saving Matt only to have him last just two more weeks.

SHUT UP, SIMON.

Danny - As much as the Gokester chaps my ass, this was fantastic. His best performance on the show, and the best his voice has sounded in weeks. Terrific.

Oh, Randy. You're still under the impression that this is a singing competition? Come, let me explain a few things to you.

Adam - Of course he was amazing. And of course he had to go and do the Muse-inspired version of "Feeling Good" (did you call it or what, Tracy?) My one thing with him... I am dying to hear him sing something that sits lower in his register. Every time he does a ballad he sings the whole thing in head voice or falsetto, and on the up-tempo numbers he just kinda blows through the verses so he can wail on the chorus and go all Bruce Dickinson on our asses. I just want to hear a straight-up tenor vocal from him.

But that's ignoring what he actually did last night, which was be totally fucking amazing. That last note was ridiculous. Think the show was trying to tell us something with the angelic lighting and the white suit and the stairs? All that was missing was the confetti and a syrupy ballad about rainbows.

Anyway, rankings:

1. Allison
2. Adam & Danny (tie)
3. Kris

4. Matt

Matt should go home, but I'm worried for Kris.
I always hate following the brilliant and witty Acrobat, but here I go.

Rat Pack Standards. I'm not a huge fan of this genre, simply because I've heard the songs so many fucking times that I'm extremely sick of them.

The Spouse is excited though: “Nuthin' like flat terrain to show your fighting ability.”  Well look at that. He's a fan of Rat Pack music.  Learn something new every day. Huh.

Top Five.  Wow, this season has gone by fast.

Jamie Foxx!  Wow! Awesome.  Hey! Why's he using a voice box?  Whore.

A picture autographed by one of the Top 5?  Spouse: “What will we do without one?”

Kris: I wonder what Kris thinks about Ted Haggard?  I wonder if Kris now considers Adam one of his Gay Friends?  Yeah, I'm not gonna let that go.  I think he sang great.  The Spouse wasn't impressed, calling his performance “an imitation of Kris Allen.”  The judges are shooting sperm all over the table.  But Kris knows that Simon is right. He, himself, said he couldn't compete vocally with the others (I happen to think he sings better than Matt, and sometimes Danny).

Allison: She needs to just not talk anymore.  Does anyone know how old Allison is?  Her performance. Damn. I think that was fantastic.  Spouse: “That's what Kris was trying to do, and failed.”  How old is Allison?

I think that Simon is trying to manipulate the audience to vote for her.

Matt: Aww. The Spouse was hoping that Adam would sing this song, but I remind him of Adam's Machiavellian Fast Song/Slow Song plan.  Spouse: “Matt never knows—when he does something right—why he's doing it right.”  I think that Matt did OK. Sure, he had a few bad notes, but I liked the ending.  Poor Matt.  I'm so tired of watching him get negative feedback week after week.  Oh good! Nice comments from Paula and Simon.

I have to say, I love how Jamie is helping these kids.  He's so awesome.

“Your breath is fresh!”  OK, that's not something I thought I'd ever hear on American Idol.

Danny: I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do love his textured voice.  I enjoyed this, but Danny doesn't move me.  What the fuck is up with Randy tonight?  He keeps yelling! The Spouse promises to never again refer to Danny as an Idiot Savant.

Adam: OH wow!!  Perfect song!!!!!  Will he do the Muse version?  I can't wait!!!  Hurry up! Get to the song!!!!   …..............
Aww, he's strutting down the stairs.  Spouse: “The band is totally treating Adam like a Diva.”  hee!  OK, um.  His version with Jamie was . . . better.  But that ending?  Perfect.  And the beginning was beautiful.  Damn.  Except that he tended to rush this (thank God the band saved him) because it's like he couldn't wait to get to that ending because he was so excited about what he can do.  And the arrangement was a little clumsy.  And at one point, it's like he was trying to sound all bluesy and gravelly, but he sounded only growley.  Hey, this is live and it can't always be perfection.  But that ending? Perfection.  Spouse: “How do the Robert Smith moans add melodically?” haha!

It's getting hard to say who should go.  Kris was the worst tonight, but he's been consistently better than Matt, so I'll go with Matt.
Acrobat Wrote:Man, Simon wants Kris gone, doesn't he? Shut up, Simon. . . . Did Simon dip into Paula's quaalude stash before the show or something? . . . But Simon praised THIS over Allison and Kris? . . . Or Simon is, because that was the most blatant piece of bullshit judging I've heard from him in a while. I think he's got an agenda, and he wants Kris and Allison to go home before Matt. God forbid the judges look stupid for saving Matt only to have him last just two more weeks.

You know, Simon made no sense to me last night either.  The only rationale I could give his remarks to Allison is that he's trying to scare people into voting for her because he wants her to stay.  Otherwise, I'm with you; he made no fucking sense at all.

He didn't even say much about Adam's performance. Just: great stair-walking.

Quote:(did you call it or what, Tracy?)

I totally did!!!

Quote:Matt should go home, but I'm worried for Kris.

I really don't think Kris has anything to worry about.  Matt is leaving.
Acrobat Wrote:That might have been one of the best hours in the history of the show, quality-wise. EVERYBODY was good.

Simon just agreed with you!

The video: These kids sure can take the soul out of a song, can't they?

That food fight? So obviously staged.
Wow. Poor Adam. What a shitty thing to do to him.

Later: Natalie Cole is a shrieking banshee.