Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Upcoming Shows
I've seen him only once very recently, and he's great. When I'd compare Kris Allen to him, that was a compliment. I'm happy to get to see him again. It's a unique concert experience, just watching a guy, by himself, onstage, playing an acoustic guitar.

Usually the shows I see are loud, with lights and tons of yelling and screaming (which I love, don't get me wrong). but Lucca is a nice change. And he's sings beautiful songs, beautifully.
St.Vincent (tomorrow)
Greg Herriges and possibly Exit Stage Right (Rush tribute..I need to flyer for Dream Theater's tour)
Janus
Local Natives
The Decemberists (on my bday)
Hiromi (back-2-back nights)
King's X (w/ B!)
Summer Slaughter (flyering for the Dream Theater tour..I'd love to see Necrophagist and Born of Osiris, but it's like 12 bands in 5 hours, lol).
The Dear Hunter
Kiss Kiss (finally!)
dredg/RX Bandits w/ As Tall as Lions
Progressive Nation (Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Zappa, Beardfish)
Minnesota Metal Festival (Atheist)
ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta, GA (Andre Matos, Fates Warning, Orphaned Land)
You are in for a treat with The Decemberists. They are incredible live...saw them last night for the second time. It's always a blast and Hazards of Love sounds even better live.
I did catch them back in 2006. Colin Melloy was actually sick, so the set was shortened a bit.

the show (Rock the Garden) is actually sold-out, but I'm going to try and go down there and see if anyone has an extra.

yeah check out this video of them doing Heart's "Crazy on You"

Shara Worden ftw!
Yeah! They played that last night. Freakin' epic.
feverdown Wrote:You are in for a treat with The Decemberists. They are incredible live...

If you like The Decemberists, you might like this video. But read the description first, in case you have delicate sensibilities. :-)

definitely a literal "Hazard of Love".lawl..thanks Trathena Smile
I'm planning on catching Dax Riggs on June 26&27. He's playing in Birmingham AL the first night and Jackson MS the second night. After that I may catch one of the Ours B/O shows, but The closest is over 3 hours away... for a short set. So I'm not sure it'll happen yet.
splithesky Wrote:I'm planning on catching Dax Riggs on June 26&27. He's playing in Birmingham AL the first night and Jackson MS the second night. After that I may catch one of the Ours B/O shows, but The closest is over 3 hours away... for a short set. So I'm not sure it'll happen yet.

Awesome! I love Dax, seen him probably 4-5 times live. He's playing here on June 24th, but I already had tickets to see Steve Earle that night. I'm gonna try to head over to see Dax when Earle is done, the venues are right down the street...but we'll see. Why couldn't it have been on different dates?! Argh.

Dax is amazing live. I've been seeing him steadily for the last 9 years or so. I got a fake ID at 17(said I was 18) for the sole purpose of getting into bars to see him. Nothing will ever come close to the early Deadboy and the Elephantmen shows. It's been about 9 months or so since the last time I saw him and his sound/set generally changes a good bit everytime I see him now. Regardless, he's incredible.
Dredg! Chicago! August 6th!!!!!

My first dredg concert!!!

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Trathena Wrote:Dredg! Chicago! August 6th!!!!!

My first dredg concert!!!

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

That's SO awesome Trathena!!!

Have a BLAST. :punk:

ETA: Dammit, Dredg is going to be in Boston on August 1. Which is also the date of the David Cook concert that I'm going to at Foxwoods.

CRAP.
On Wed 6/3 I saw Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman at Housing Works bookstore/cafe in NYC for SPIN magazine's liner notes presentation. It raised money for charity. I met them both after the show, and Amanda remembered me and my radio show and said she was just thinking of me the day before (when she saw a picture I posted on twitpic) so that was cool.

On Friday 6/5 I saw Amanda Palmer headline at the Highline Ballroom in NYC. I met her before the show and asked her what she meant by something she said to me on Wednesday, and that was really cool because she remembered my radio show name confirming that she really did remember me.

This Thursday 6/11 I'm heading back to NYC to see a sold out special acoustic performance of Band of Horses at Carnegie Hall.

On 6/17 I'm seeing Metric at Terminal 5!

And 7/31 I'll be seeing Dredg at the Bowery Ballroom.

Andddd 8/28 I'll see Ours at Terminal 5!!!!

Excited that I'm finally making up for lost time this summer by going to all these shows... now, I need a job to afford this haha.
Dax Riggs fans! Nice. I got to see him two nights in a row right after We Are Night Sky came out when I was living down in Arizona. Had the pleasure of sharing a few beers with him before he played. Nice guy. Little weird, but that's the to be expected.

Kingdom, you're seeing Steve Earle? That's amazing. My singer in my band and I do acoustic nights sometimes and we cover "Ellis Unit One". Beautiful song.
awesome for Hayley..

well, I get to see Ozric Tentacles tomorrow night, lol. I'm happy, but a bit annoyed not knowing about it. And they played here 1 year ago to the day. That's really weird.
toolerawk Wrote:Dax Riggs fans! Nice. I got to see him two nights in a row right after We Are Night Sky came out when I was living down in Arizona. Had the pleasure of sharing a few beers with him before he played. Nice guy. Little weird, but that's the to be expected.

Dax is a super nice guy. He is definitely a little quirky(and super mellow) but like you said, it's kind of expected. He's one of my favorite lyricists ever and has been one of my biggest inspirations from about the age 13 on.

And... I'd still really like to see Band of Horses play live.
Ozric Tentacles

Just got back a bit ago..man that was another trippy, drugged-out show. I dizzied myself a few times which actually was rather surreal.

Some of the Rush-like jams were among the best highlights. That and staring constantly at all the hippie-chics dancing...1 sharing a moment with me sorta, lol.

Ozrics are definitely a can't miss band live. Their bassist/keyboard player Brandy is the gf of Ed Wynne and also from Minnesota. So that may help my town's ability to have them come play here often.
This is a cool thread that's been neglected for the last few months. Let's keep it going!

Here are my upcoming shows... if it has an asterisk next to it then I already have tickets:

Sept. 8th -  Alice In Chains @ Irving Plaza **
Sept 24 -  Cevin Key DJ Set @ The Knitting Factory
Sept 29 -  Fever Ray @ Webster Hall **
Nov 17 - Skinny Puppy @ Nokia Theatre **
David Cook, 10/10, Lupos, Providence

Saw Ours/Blue October on 8/29 at Hampton

Saw Ryan Star/Collective Soul on 8/14 at Hampton

No more shows after David for the time being. I really want to see Green River Ordinance but they're going to be in Boston the weekend of my friend's wedding. Fail.
Tiph_Tiph Wrote:This is a cool thread that's been neglected for the last few months. Let's keep it going!

Here are my upcoming shows... if it has an asterisk next to it then I already have tickets:

Sept. 8th -  Alice In Chains @ Irving Plaza **
Sept 24 -  Cevin Key DJ Set @ The Knitting Factory
Sept 29 -  Fever Ray @ Webster Hall **
Nov 17 - Skinny Puppy @ Nokia Theatre **

HEEEYYY
You forgot Lenny C.!!

Oct. 24th Leonard Cohen @ The Garden **

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?) SoundscapeMN 15 1,382 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Acrobat
  Radiohead's upcoming tour... KidA 101 11,288 08-29-2008, 11:15 AM