Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jimmy & static 10/30/2009!
great news!!!

new post on ours.net tour page:

10/30/2009 - S. Hackensack, NJ - Jimmy Gnecco and Static @ School of Rock - Jimmy and Static will be performing with the Roadkill Band as well as on their own

COOL! That's a Friday night....

I might have to think about going.
ouch! Now this one hurts, the day we fly to LA this has be going down? No Way! let's just hope they come to The School Of Rock over there the next day!

Give em our love
hmm... on my Birthday, well i am going on vacation that week..
sweeeeeet...i was planning on coming to NY on 30Oct for a week. Don't think the plane lands til 8pm though..hmmmm
redjez Wrote:sweeeeeet...i was planning on coming to NY on 30Oct for a week. Don't think the plane lands til 8pm though..hmmmm

hmmmm. might flights have to be rearranged? (Yeah, my priorities are in order) Wink
hmm, well I can't get in any earlier than that unless I fly the day before. I'm coming from out of the country but alas unless the flights get back down to under $1000 its not gonna happen...
Just saw this on facebook!

[Image: 9433_169405742278_60736967278_4059755_2834899_n.jpg]
oh my!!!!
I'm soooo excited about it!!!
it'll be the first time I'll see Jimmy.
I'm going alone so if anyone would like to join me it'll be great)
you can mail me on sonnet118@gmail.com
:wink2:
redjez Wrote:hmm, well I can't get in any earlier than that unless I fly the day before. I'm coming from out of the country but alas unless the flights get back down to under $1000 its not gonna happen...

*crossing fingers for early arrival, speedy cab to the show* :wink2:
driving down from central mass and staying overnight...

what hotels are close by?

are tickets available online. how is hackensack nj? safe/etc?
pfugly Wrote:driving down from central mass and staying overnight...

Very cool! I'm coming down from MA myself. Smile Staying with a friend on Staten Island for the night though.

I can't help you with hotels, etc though. Sorry.
SarahBeth Wrote:

Very cool! I'm coming down from MA myself. Smile Staying with a friend on Staten Island for the night though.

awesome. i checked a few places online. its way expensive for 3 people, just for a night in ny. something like 600$, which is crazy because we probably wont check in until after the show, probably 1 or 2 am? then have to check out by 11 the next morning, not worth $200 each person, if you ask me.
SarahBeth Wrote:

are tickets needed? ive seen jimmy in boston without tickets but dont want to drive 3-4 hours and not get in.
Hint from an old concert traveler: check the hostels, PFug. While it is Halloween weekend (great for NYC tourism), we're far enough out that you may be able to find something decent for $50-80ish/person. You can stand to share a bathroom for one measley night - right?
Not sure about the tix situation...
Good luck!
pfugly Wrote:
SarahBeth Wrote:

are tickets needed? ive seen jimmy in boston without tickets but dont want to drive 3-4 hours and not get in.

I don't know. I think the last SOR show they sold them at the door only --- Idyllis, someone who went to the last SOR can you confirm this?

Also, because it doesn't say so on the poster and its a SOR show, I'm assuming (I know, I know, not a good idea to do so) its an all ages show and not 21+ - anyone know?
Hey! Yes to both.
Tix were sold only @ the door and it was
an all ages show.

Someone might correct me here, but from
what I recall, the SOR is kind of out there
and in an industrial type location. Reminds me of
this small, little airport district out in the middle
of nowhere near where I live.

SOR is in a big open space and there was tons and
tons of space. And lots of kids and their families
and friends. Very unique spot.
The poster says the show is at the Bergen Rock Garden -- is that part of the SOR?

ETA: The Show's not listed on the School of Rock's concert website either - hm.

SarahBeth Wrote:The poster says the show is at the Bergen Rock Garden -- is that part of the SOR?

ETA: The Show's not listed on the School of Rock's concert website either - hm.

I was kinda worried about it all last time when
ours played in Jan but it was all cool. : )
I PROPOSE AN IDEA! (it was digenger's idea, i can't take the credit)

First, digenger and I are VERY disappointed we won't be able to attend the School of Rock Halloween show because we'll be in LA. BUT....

***We propose that everyone go dressed up as your favorite Ours song or album. I personally would do up a fabulous red colored stars ensemble. Cool idea, no? I would LOVE to see someone put together a Moth costume. That would be sick. Misery Head anyone?? Or dress up like Mother Theresa/a nun for 'Mercy.' I think the guys would totally love and appreciate it.

I am really upset we won't be there. it's my favorite holiday and I love to dress up. Argh! Somebody PLEASE take lots of pictures!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone see the IG post from Jimmy. . . blasko66 0 173 12-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  jimmy playing AND tattoos! starlit 0 609 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Jimmy Gnecco Web Performance HOURS 24 3,160 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Kosh_ap
  A message from Jimmy to his friends and fans in Southern California DJRokyManson 3 1,027 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  New NJ Headlining Jimmy show added in NJ digenger 15 2,419 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: silke
  st. petersburg FL, december 12 2009? meesh 9 1,466 06-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Last Post: HardTI
Big Grin Jimmy at Tractor Tavern - Seattle, WA - 05/08/10 Desiree 16 4,360 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: holydiver
Big Grin Static Is Noise Sunday, May 9, 2010 dunlop 1 852 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: digenger
  Jimmy @ SXSW 2010 Stars Die 21 3,335 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth