Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jimmy & static 10/30/2009!
Acrobat Wrote:Wait -- "The Fly"? As in U2's "The Fly"?

Are you trying to KILL me?

YESSSS!!! (about The Fly,
not the trying-to-kill-you part)

powernoize Wrote:nice pics!

did anyone happen to record somebody to love?

I did actually.

(It's still processing)

I got all but the first two songs (my iPhone decided to just turn off and not turn on for for 15 minutes).

Sound quality isn't that great not sure if that's the iPhone or the fact that one of the speakers was directly above my head.

enjoy.
dancey Wrote:
powernoize Wrote:nice pics!

did anyone happen to record somebody to love?

I did actually.

(It's still processing)

I got all but the first two songs (my iPhone decided to just turn off and not turn on for for 15 minutes).

Sound quality isn't that great not sure if that's the iPhone or the fact that one of the speakers was directly above my head.

enjoy.

Nice - thanks!

Here's the last bit of Billie Jean. It's the only thing I videoed. My camera wasn't focusing and I just wanted enjoy myself.

Audio will be coming as soon as I can my hubby working on it : )
idylls Wrote:Nice - thanks!

Here's the last bit of Billie Jean.  It's the only thing I videoed.  My camera wasn't focusing and I just wanted enjoy myself.  

this is awesome. can not wait to hear the rest of what you have. the audio sounds great on billie jean, what do you use to record the sound?

and i just checked out your other videos on youtube. what was that august2008 videos from? the sound awesome
pfugly Wrote:

Here's the last bit of Billie Jean.  It's the only thing I videoed.  My camera wasn't focusing and I just wanted enjoy myself.  

this is awesome. can not wait to hear the rest of what you have. the audio sounds great on billie jean, what do you use to record the sound?

i just use a kodak easyshare camera that i have but my husband hangs out by the soundboard and uses an edirol to record (audio only of course). i think its time to get a quality external mic and a stand so he doesnt have to hold it all night!

next time i go to a school of rock show, i SWEAR i am going to bring a REAL camcorder and a tripod. i think i've been there twice now and both times there have been several of them set up in the back of the room (parents taping their kids i guess)
pfugly Wrote:and i just checked out your other videos on youtube. what was that august2008 videos from? the sound awesome

that was using the above-mentioned camcorder and tripod that i WISH i had brought last night! its some kind of sony handcam we got last year
idylls Wrote:
pfugly Wrote:

i just use a kodak easyshare camera that i have but my husband hangs out by the soundboard and uses an edirol to record (audio only of course).  i think its time to get a quality external mic and a stand so he doesnt have to hold it all night!

next time i go to a school of rock show, i SWEAR i am going to bring a REAL camcorder and a tripod.  i think i've been there twice now and both times there have been several of them set up in the back of the room (parents taping their kids i guess)

yea. the place was pretty cool. definitely a weird setting with so many little kids there. me and my friend and his girlfriend drove from boston for the show and didnt know what to except. i thought maybe it was going to be more of a college setting or something. we kept saying how we felt like we were at a YMCA halloween party or something. but it was still awesome.

a friend of mine does live sound for bands. he says there is a way to plug into a sound board to record direct from the sound board. the quality is first source so it sounds amazing. i think he just used his ipod or some USB recording device.

do you have any mp3s from other live shows?
pfugly Wrote:yea. the place was pretty cool. definitely a weird setting with so many little kids there. me and my friend and his girlfriend drove from boston for the show and didnt know what to except. i thought maybe it was going to be more of a college setting or something. we kept saying how we felt like we were at a YMCA halloween party or something. but it was still awesome.

a friend of mine does live sound for bands. he says there is a way to plug into a sound board to record direct from the sound board. the quality is first source so it sounds amazing. i think he just used his ipod or some USB recording device.

do you have any mp3s from other live shows?

i know what you mean, i didnt know what to expect the first time either. i didn't realise that its an actual school and their performance space. such a cool place to catch an Ours and/or Jimmy show though, and sooooooooo cool that they perform with some really talented kids!

yeah, i kinda know what you're talking about with plugging into the soundboard (i dont know a lot about taping) but i'm sure you need to get permission. i think we might ask for the maxwell's show in Dec - its worth a shot. the worst they'll say is HELL NO : )

he's taped a few other shows, north star last year, a maxwell's show, i think something from the roxy, maybe one or two more...i cant remember but i know i shared them on the board at the time. he's still a novice at taping and always learning; its just a hobby but he has fun with it
whoa fuckin' cool!!!!can't wait to hear the cover of u2's The Fly!!!! my fav song of theirs!!!!
powernoize Wrote:whoa fuckin' cool!!!!can't wait to hear the cover of u2's The Fly!!!! my fav song of theirs!!!!

What for to wait?
Listen )

here you go!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RARH6OSI

if anyone has any suggestions on how to share these PLEASE LET ME KNOW! i typically upload each individual song to megaupload because that's all i know how to do. i still don't know what the hell i'm doing : )
thanks idylls and willka!!!! very cool indeed!
idylls Wrote:

here you go!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RARH6OSI

if anyone has any suggestions on how to share these PLEASE LET ME KNOW!  i typically upload each individual song to megaupload because that's all i know how to do.  i still don't know what the hell i'm doing : )

Oooh, thanks Idylls and Willa. Smile Can't wait to hear all the audio from last night. Idylls, I don't see any harm in asking to plug your recorder thing into the soundboard at Maxwells. The worst they are going to tell you is no.

And as for the uploading thing, if its a complete show/album/a lot of files, I typically create a zip, then upload the zip file to my mediafire account. Saves time uploading everything individually.
wowfuckingwow! thank you all! i have had such a lovely saturday afternoon, reading, watching, and listening to your glimpses of last night. as jimmy once told me, technology is amazing. and so are each of you. thank you all so very for sharing your special moments here with us all. almost makes up for not being there.
idylls Wrote:if anyone has any suggestions on how to share these PLEASE LET ME KNOW!  i typically upload each individual song to megaupload because that's all i know how to do.  i still don't know what the hell i'm doing : )

Idylls, did you record the entire show again? Wow. If you did, that's so fantastic.

If I was you, I'd put all the songs in a file. Then zip it. Then upload it. If the file is too big, just put half in one folder and half in another one.

Is any of this making sense?
so.. I didn't tape the whole show but I got a good amount of it.. and just finished putting videos up on youtube :punk:

Mercy &feature=channel
Realize &feature=channel
The Fly &feature=channel
Paranoid Android &feature=channel
Billie Jean &feature=channel
Kill Me &feature=channel
Light on the Grave &feature=channel
Darling &feature=channel
Mystery &feature=channel
The Heart &feature=channel
Somebody to Love &feature=channel
These Are My Hands &feature=channel
Bring You Home &feature=channel
Ran Away to Tell the World
thanks meesh...killer stuff!
as usual at Ours shows I forgot to meet up with anyone! I was too busy running around with the kids and I must admit I did get a good reaction when i just waltzed into the dressing room and was like 'HI! I'm back =D' haha
meesh Wrote:so.. I didn't tape the whole show but I got a good amount of it.. and just finished putting videos up on youtube :punk:

Mercy &feature=channel
Realize &feature=channel
The Fly &feature=channel
Paranoid Android &feature=channel
Billie Jean &feature=channel
Kill Me &feature=channel
Light on the Grave &feature=channel
Darling &feature=channel
Mystery &feature=channel
The Heart &feature=channel
Somebody to Love &feature=channel
These Are My Hands &feature=channel
Bring You Home &feature=channel
Ran Away to Tell the World

Thanks so much for this!!! Smile

Quote:as usual at Ours shows I forgot to meet up with anyone! I was too busy running around with the kids and I must admit I did get a good reaction when i just waltzed into the dressing room and was like 'HI! I'm back =D' haha

Aww, thats awesome. Smile Wish I had gotten to meet you! But glad you were able to get here!
I can't stop listening to These Are My Hands. I love the song.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone see the IG post from Jimmy. . . blasko66 0 173 12-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  jimmy playing AND tattoos! starlit 0 609 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Jimmy Gnecco Web Performance HOURS 24 3,160 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Kosh_ap
  A message from Jimmy to his friends and fans in Southern California DJRokyManson 3 1,027 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  New NJ Headlining Jimmy show added in NJ digenger 15 2,419 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: silke
  st. petersburg FL, december 12 2009? meesh 9 1,466 06-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Last Post: HardTI
Big Grin Jimmy at Tractor Tavern - Seattle, WA - 05/08/10 Desiree 16 4,360 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: holydiver
Big Grin Static Is Noise Sunday, May 9, 2010 dunlop 1 852 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: digenger
  Jimmy @ SXSW 2010 Stars Die 21 3,335 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth