Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live at The Viper Room (2003)
I've done a search of this site, and I don't see this concert. I also don't see it on the regular site.

This is a 2003 concert that Jimmy gave at The Viper Room. I know nothing about this show, and it sounds like Jimmy's alone, but it also sounds like he's playing with a small orchestra.  Lots of beautiful strings. Jimmy sounds wonderful.  Here's the file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d81fu6

One error I made in tagging is that Track 5 also contains "Outside." I was going to fix it, but it was almost finished uploading, so I said fuck it.

I only just found this, y'all. It's been on my desktop as a zip file for probably a year. I didn't notice it there (I know; my desktop is a mess). I only just noticed it today. I was all, "hullo. what's this?"  I've had this wonderful concert all this time!

Enjoy.

And if anyone knows anything about this show, speak up!
I know nothing about this show. But thank you so much for uploading.
The best preparation for the shows next week in London. :grin:
Woo, thanks Trathena! Smile
A soundboard recording of an acoustic dancing alone with strings? Wow, just wow. :clap:
Now that I look at the file more, I don't think I've had this concert as long as I originally thought. Which is a lot less embarrassing. :-)

More mistakes in tagging! I typed "Dancing Along," instead of "Dancing Alone." haha!

I'm glad you're all enjoying it. This is a beautiful show.
I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to unzip it and throw it onto the itunes/ipod. (It was late last night). Will be doing that tonight for sure!
I just finished listening to this...it has left me speechless! I've never heard something so beautiful. WOW, indeed!

THANK YOU sooooooooo much for uploading!

I wonder if anyone knows the background story to this show...

EDIT:

I just googled it and found this link, maybe this is where you got it from?
RockyManson
Louda, that's what I'm thinking. I looked around and that site is the only place I could have gotten it. But how? I don't remember, and it seems like I'd have thanked him if I'd gotten it from him. I've never heard of that site.

I just assumed I got it here.  Ugh, I'm forgetful in my old age.

jlatham Wrote:A soundboard recording of an acoustic dancing alone with strings? Wow, just wow. :clap:

So this is a soundboard recording? I hear an echo on my Sennheiser headphones that I didn't hear on my home computer yesterday.

And who knew that Jimmy wrote "As I Wander" when he was only 14 years old?? That he could write such a beautiful, ambient, metaphysical piece of transcendentalism at such a young age is extremely impressive and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he was a prodigy.

Also, I have an old bootleg of "I Was in the Garden," but it never hit my radar until this version. Now I'm hoping it makes it onto the acoustic ep.
Yes indeed this is recorded from the soundboard. "As I Wander" is one of the best songs he's ever written in my opinion. Thanks so much for finding this recording. Not many soundboards have surfaced since that 12th & Porter recording.

Edit - I wonder who he dedicates that song to. He says happy birthday and wishes he could love them enough.
jlatham Wrote:I wonder who he dedicates that song to. He says happy birthday and wishes he could love them enough.

Right after Precious came out, Jimmy's long time girlfriend killed herself; he dedicates songs (like Darling, to name one) and talks about her on various bootlegs. So he is likely talking about her, especially since it would be a little before that show that she died.
I am having SUCH a problem trying to get this imported into my itunes. I cannot find it after it shows up and i'm frustrated.

Because I want it, bad on the ipod.

ETA: Its not even letting me INPUT IT into itunes.

WTAF.
Yeah I had the same problem. The first time I downloaded it, there were two folders containing the mp3's. I re-downloaded the zip, and only one folder remained (strange). That time it worked.
Hmm, thanks Lucid Dream. I'll try redownloading it. Smile

ETA: Its still not working, I get a folder that says "macosx" but there's nothing in it.

*sigh*

Crap! I'm sorry. I can try downloading it again, but I won't be able to until tomorrow.
No problem Trathena.

And I'd appreciate it - whenever you have a chance. Smile
luciddream71 Wrote:
jlatham Wrote:I wonder who he dedicates that song to. He says happy birthday and wishes he could love them enough.

Right after Precious came out, Jimmy's long time girlfriend killed herself; he dedicates songs (like Darling, to name one) and talks about her on various bootlegs. So he is likely talking about her, especially since it would be a little before that show that she died.  

I know about his girlfriend but he was speaking about this person in the present tense circa april 2003. Don't try to import the files from the mac ox folder, those are dummy files. You have to import the second set of mp3 files that the extraction creates. Hope that helps.

Edit - He mentions that Zoe Bonham helped out on the record and she sings meet me in the tower with jimmy. Could anyone shed any information on her involvement with jimmy? I didn't even know john had a daughter. lol
Well...hmmm. Yeah, I guess he is speaking in the present tense, even though in the end he says "I'm very sorry that I couldn't love you enough." (Which I thought indicated someone from the past) - who knows...
I'm uploading another file now, Sarah:

Those macosx files, I get them every time I download something off the Internet. I don't know what they're for, but they're always inside the folder with the rest of the music files (I use WMP). I usually just leave them there, which is why it's showing up in the download. I've removed it for this one.
jlatham Wrote:"As I Wander" is one of the best songs he's ever written in my opinion.

I think so too. He once said that without "As I Wander" there would be no "Fallen Souls." I'm simply stunned that a 14-year-old could write something so mystical in content.

It's an underappreciated song, probably because it's surrounded by so many intense, epic, LOUD songs on the CD. :-)
OK! Try this Sarah!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8filjo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimmy Gnecco - Live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre jlatham 6 1,787 11-29-2020, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Zgropius
  where can I find live shows? blasko66 8 1,672 06-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: northstar80
  Request: Belcourt Theatre 2003 Sippe 3 1,148 06-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  The Viper Room - 01/16/2014 HOURS 7 1,335 01-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: jade
  Live At Club L 5/28/11 violentndelicious 22 4,057 10-13-2013, 03:26 PM
  Thursday January 24, 2013 - Viper Room Los Angeles violentndelicious 4 853 02-03-2013, 07:04 AM
  Rare Live Electric/Acoustic Covers and Originals powernoize 3 1,154 08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Last Post: SusanQ
  Live at The Viper Room 2003 DJRokyManson 4 952 05-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Last Post: DJRokyManson
  [Video] 16-Minute Version of Live Again. killedeon 1 782 03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Louda
  Moth Live JackMartinEF 2 684 11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth