Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith's Olde Bar, Atlanta, 12.14.2009
Who's going?
Allen and I, of course.
and....................
I *wish* I was going.

But will be there in spirit.

Have a BLAST, y'all. Smile (Oh and take pictures)
Audio/Video recordings would be much appreciated Smile
Me! And my brother. I'm excited!!!
Will someone please, please, please take pictures? My camera sucks and I also hate taking pictures of pretty much anything.
and will someone please please please ask about upcoming shows? and feel free to tell jimmy that i say HI! heheh! travel safe and have a BLAST!
Amazing show, just amazing. Jimmy seemed to be in good spirits tonight. Here is the setlist...

Murder
Here is the Light
Light on the Grave
Mystery
Worst Things Beautiful
Ran Away to Tell the World
The Heart
Don't Talk (Beach Boys)
Lost
These Are My Hands
Bring You Home
Ave Maria
Sometimes
My Friend Bill
Darling
Bleed
Only the Lonely (The Motels)/Stand By Me/Mercy, Mercy Me/Ben/We Are The Champions (+ smaller bits of others such as Don't Stop Till You Get Enough)
Bohemian Rhapsody
Red Colored Stars
Meet Me in the Tower
Kill the Band
Wicked Game
Dracula's Bride
Take a Chance
Autumn

It was just... wow. The whole bit where they were just throwing out bits of covers was like being in someone's living room with a bunch of acquaintances and watching some friends kick out some jams. I think James could have gone on all night. Big Grin

I took TONS of photos, so I'll have to sort through them. I also recorded Dracula's Bride on my phone, and if I can figure out how to get it onto my computer then I'll share it. Smile
Oh my God, I'm exhausted. That was amazing. Formica's husband wrote down the entire setlist, and it was drifting towards 30 songs or so. I'll wait for her to post the whole thing; Jimmy didn't play anything we haven't heard before as far as solo and Ours stuff, but some of the coolest parts of the night involved covers. We got Ben, We Are the Champions(!), Bohemian Rhapsody, Wicked Game(!), and a Beach Boys song I didn't know. A fan named Jesse got up and sang during Meet Me In the Tower, and he did an awesome job. I think Formica took some video at some point? I'm not sure; I forgot to even ask her because my brain was scrambled with all the awesomeness (which included her taking yet another photo with me and Jimmy. Thanks, Formica!) once the show was over. I've heard Bleed and Mystery live. My life is complete.

When I went to say hello to Static afterwards, the first words out of his mouth were, "Are you gonna make me blush again?" BWAH. He's never going to live that one down.
OMFG.

What an epic, epic setlist.

Erin, thank you SO MUCH for calling me during Mystery, Ran Away, Lost, MMIT and Wicked Game. And I don't CARE it was late for the last two. IT WAS WICKED GAME.

I'm so glad you guys had an amazing time --- PICTURES. Can't wait to see PICTURES. Smile E, I'll call you tonight to get the full recap. Smile
SarahBeth Wrote:OMFG.

This is true. I never thought I would EVER see My Friend Bill live. Pure awesomeness. If only I had a decent recording device of some kind. I hope someone there recorded the whole thing it was way too incredible.
Formica Linoleum Wrote:
SarahBeth Wrote:OMFG.

This is true. I never thought I would EVER see My Friend Bill live. Pure awesomeness. If only I had a decent recording device of some kind. I hope someone there recorded the whole thing it was way too incredible.

He played it at Maxwells. I had no idea what it was, but I liked it.

And I thought THAT setlist was amazing. This one is just.....insane. In the best way possible.

I hope to GOD someone recorded the entire show because I kinda want it.

So glad you guys had a great time! Smile
Pictures.....

[Image: _MG_0146_sized.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0110_sized.jpg] [Image: _MG_0153_sized.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0081_sized.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0300_sized.jpg] [Image: _MG_0335_sized.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0072_sized.jpg]

I swear, there was this one moment where Jimmy was laughing the hardest I've ever seen him laugh. It was so great....

[Image: _MG_0122_sized.jpg]

It was so dark and dusty, a lot of them didn't come out well.
YAY SMILEY JIMMY!

Formica, I have to admit, I may or may not have been stalking this thread all day to see if you'd put the pictures up or not.

The pictures are great, thank you so much. I love the first one and the way that Static is looking at him. Smile Although, the 2nd to last one is my favorite. I <3 smiley Jimmy so much.
Here's another goody for you SarahBeth....

Lost

My Friend Bill

Meet Me in the Tower

Formica Linoleum Wrote:Here's another goody for you SarahBeth....

I fucking love you right now. Erin called me during this but I was dying for the video.

So thank you. Smile

ETA: It looks like that user is uploading most of the show from last night - there's a bunch on his channel.

SarahBeth Wrote:ETA: It looks like that user is uploading most of the show from last night - there's a bunch on his channel.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd be there. I usually see him, but I didn't so I wasn't sure. He was just on the opposite side of the bar
I was hoping so too. Erin was kind enough to call me a bunch so I could listen in, but it really sounds like it was an amazing show. I'm so glad for you guys. Smile

I'm going to have to stalk Allistar's channel for the next day or so and hopefully the rest of the vids will turn up. There's some I really want.
Holy shit, he's almost smiling!

[Image: ErinJimmy-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  August 6, 2016 @ Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta Xxtayce 6 1,528 08-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Sippe
  Atlanta show 5/29/13 chilibun 3 784 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  The Goat Farm in Atlanta, GA (June 29th, 2011) ASITHOS 8 1,114 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Formica Linoleum
  st. petersburg FL, december 12 2009? meesh 9 1,466 06-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Last Post: HardTI
  06.01.10 Atlanta, GA Formica Linoleum 9 1,288 06-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  NEW London Shows! November 2009 SarahBeth 35 3,878 11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Last Post: inn
  New Jimmy Gnecco Solo Shows December 2009 Fiasco! 48 5,828 11-18-2009, 08:27 PM
  jimmy & static 10/30/2009! idylls 90 14,471 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  New EUROPE 2009 Date(s) Fiasco! 61 9,327 09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Last Post: inn
  8/21/09 Atlanta, GA Formica Linoleum 20 3,459 08-23-2009, 06:48 AM