Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/3/10 - Jimmy @ The Mercury Lounge
KineticOlive Wrote:Yep.  I couldn't resist a request;-)  It would have been nice to meet all of you Ours fanatics.

It was an excellent one, as I'd never heard it live before. So I thank you for that. Smile

Next time, for sure, we'll have to meet up. (I was standing right up in front of the stage in a teal shirt off to Jimmy's right if you're looking at the stage). I try to get down to NY shows when I can swing it.

I just got home from NYC. I apologize to you all for not saying "hello." I'm painfully shy. It was an excellent show, as always. Far too short. There's really not much else for me to add except photos. They'll come along as soon as my husband lets me use his computer.
Formica, was your husband wearing a tela hoodie and does he have glasses? Because I might have seen him from where I was standing.

So glad that you got to come up for the show, even if we didn't get a chance to meet up. I can't wait to see your pictures, all of mine came out dark, but I was surprised what was salvageable after loading them onto the computer. Smile

Glad you got home safe and sound!
Oh, no. My hubby has long hair, and had on a rainbow stocking cap, lol. You can see him (and his nose) in vino's videos (minus his hat, thankfully). I really want to look at my photos, I think I got a few good ones. The lighting was the worst ever. I had to push my camera to the limit, and even then it was still tough.

I need a desktop computer, seriously.
Hmm, I didn't see him then.

The lighting SUCKED hardcore. I finally figured out that if I knelt down on the floor from where I was standing and worked with the light that Jimmy was standing directly in front of (Seriously, they couldn't have pushed it off to the side or something?), it was ok. I did throw out a lot and I had to lighten almost EVERYTHING, but I'm happy with what I got. The videos I got were slightly better.

I'm excited to see your pics. Smile
I REALLY wanted them to move the light. Jimmy was burning his ass, and I wasn't getting "easy" photos. It would have been a win-win. I'm going to try to pull myself out of bed early tomorrow to work up some photos before I have to go to work.

Oh, and don't be too excited about the photos, you might be disappointed. The lighting was just that bad, and I refuse to flash him.
Here are some photos...

[Image: _MG_0095.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0065.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0046.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0120.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0155.jpg]

[Image: _MG_0039.jpg]

And a smiley Jimmy for Sarah:

[Image: _MG_0077.jpg]

Complete crap, but great moments.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SMILEY JIMMY! That just made my morning!!! <3

and i LOVE the second one down too. And the first one of Static.

Even with bad light, the pics are great! Smile

ETA: And I refuse to use flash too, especially when I'm standing as close as I was. I don't love the way my pictures come out with flash anyway - especially if they're concert pics.

Review & Pics from Mercury Lounge:

http://theaudioperv.com/2010/02/08/jimmy...eviewpics/
Formica, THANK YOU! Amazing pics...
Formica: I'm certainly no photographer but I don't see HOW you can call those pics "complete crap!" They're lovely. Totally in the moment and kind of soft and raw, all at once. Thank you!
I'm glad you like them, thanks.
Formica Linoleum Wrote:I'm glad you like them, thanks.

I'm not lying when I said I did a little happy dance in my chair at work this morning when I saw Smiley Jimmy. Thankfully, no one was around to witness said dance. Smile Happy Jimmy makes me smile. Smile
Jimmy's got a lot of fillings huh?
[attachment=288]

and Vinnie looks like he's trying to catch a fly in that one with the drum ;p

"These Are My Hands"

Quote:and Vinnie looks like he's trying to catch a fly in that one with the drum ;p

The look on his face is highly amusing.
SarahBeth Wrote:
Quote:and Vinnie looks like he's trying to catch a fly in that one with the drum ;p

The look on his face is highly amusing.

I couldn't help but giggle a little, at first. His facial expression was priceless. He tried so hard to get the sound guy to turn the mic back up, but it didn't happen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone see the IG post from Jimmy. . . blasko66 0 173 12-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  jimmy playing AND tattoos! starlit 0 609 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Jimmy Gnecco Web Performance HOURS 24 3,160 02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Kosh_ap
  A message from Jimmy to his friends and fans in Southern California DJRokyManson 3 1,027 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  New NJ Headlining Jimmy show added in NJ digenger 15 2,419 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: silke
Big Grin Jimmy at Tractor Tavern - Seattle, WA - 05/08/10 Desiree 16 4,360 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Last Post: holydiver
  Jimmy @ SXSW 2010 Stars Die 21 3,335 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Jimmy @ On The Rox 02.07.10 idylls 44 6,498 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Trathena
  2/3/10 Mercury Lounge "Special Guests" dancingaloneindc 15 1,733 02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth