Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Antlers: I REALLY THINK MORE OURS FANS SHOULD HEAR THEM
I've just recently become pretty addicted and moved by this band and their new album "Hospice." And among the music I love, this band's appeal would very easily and likely appeal to people who enjoy emotional, textured, and melancholy sides of music that exists in music such as Ours, Neverending White Lights or Jeff Buckley.

if you've never heard of them and gravitate towards those qualities, this group and their latest album Hospice really may appeal to you.

I suppose one factor in why this has grabbed me so powerfully of late is having my grandfather die a few weeks ago, it totally captured some of my sadness in song. It's just so bloody gorgeous and moving, I couldn't help but think of him.

[Image: 200px-Hospicecover.jpg]

http://www.myspace.com/theantlers
Hm, sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Smile
I have to agree - this record is amazing. One of my favourites
these past few months.
Daniel Victor even included Hospice on his favorite albums of 2009

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=6250203&blogID=525421451
I tried. I really did, Kyle, cause I respect the living shit out of your musical opinion, brother you know your shit, but I just don't dig the vocals.
thanks, no biggie. Different Strokes. I know how it is, being suggested bands that don't do a lot for you. I'm sure The Antlers aren't for everyone, but personally, I can claim to have had a similar experience with discovering them as I did with Ours or NWL. So the thought about Ours fans liking them made some sense to me. Although I suppose a band like Distrails I felt the same way about, and I don't recall many people around here responding to them either, so maybe it's me? lol
No doubt. Either way, I always appreciate your musical suggestions.
toolerawk Wrote:Either way, I always appreciate your musical suggestions.

Same here, Kyle. I have In the Attic of the Universe, but have never gotten around to listening. I really want to, and have been trying to ever since you opened this thread. I'll get around to it, because if you recommend it, there's a 90% change I'll like it. :-)
I'm loving the eff out of this record. It hit me really hard on a train ride home from Boston one night at 1am. I was going through the stack of stuff I had to listen to on my itunes and I picked this disc. I sat there, pulled google up on my phone and just read along with every lyric. It was powerful, beautiful and tear-inducing to me all at once. Just great stuff. I'm glad more and more peeps are becoming aware of it. Awesome stuff.
this is a great video interview done by a cool old fella whose a fan.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dredg Fans- Link To Webrip Leak Of The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion toolerawk 21 7,747 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: devinemarko
  Distrails (Fans of NEVERENDING WHITE LIGHTS + others) SoundscapeMN 6 1,073 02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Last Post: thinktwice
  SCOTT MATTHEWS (Jeff Buckley fans esp) SoundscapeMN 6 949 06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Blindside Fans? dmmtv 6 911 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Last Post: digenger
  Any Nine Inch Nails fans? KidA 51 7,741 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  For fans of the heavy: my band's new EP Sinistas 2 652 11-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Last Post: GridWave
  Hear My Song... ariahokas 2 1,000 08-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Last Post: TheMoth
  Uk fans... inn 8 1,232 06-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Last Post: inn