Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
All I can say is holy shit this record is fucking good! I truly do like all their albums (I know a lot of people crap on the s/t and saturday night wrist but I really dig those albums, especially the s/t) but this one is one of their better albums. I haven't really sat with it enough to give a comprehensive review right now but rest assured I will be cracking out on this record for the next few weeks and will post a detailed review for those interested asap.
In the language of late 90s west coast skater metalheads...it's pretty fuckin' sick.

I also like SNW a lot. I actually felt that that record did better with the less heavy moments while Diamond Eyes really shines (pun truly unintended) when they metal out. Chino's screams haven't sounded so thick and curdled since Around the Fur.

Overall I like it a lot, but I wasn't as blown away as I expected after reading the review on Antiquiet. But I only listened once and I even thought as I was listening that the songs are going to be growers.
That's my thoughts too, Feverdown. I could tell the songs I didn't latch onto right away would grow on me, and the songs that immediately grabbed me grabbed hard. I think with additional listens the record is going to climb the ladder for me. His vocals are outstanding.
i'm very interested in this, for the record, but waiting to hear it in a decent quality, at home.

how's the quality of the leak?
the quality of the leak is top notch
excellent, thanks.
LOVE IT!
Feel very good for them and love the new sound, always a fan and always will be, they were my number one till i heard Fallen Souls
Ooooh I love the owl cover art. Much better than the blue city picture, which apparently is just the cover to the Diamond Eyes single. I was thinking how mediocre the blue city cover was for this album, especially compared to the covers of the last two records, which I thought were really cool. The owl is beautiful though. Matches the music nicely.

So far I think the only song I'm not crazy about is Beauty School, and it's not that it's bad it's just kind of meh. That and everything after Rocket Skates blends together for me, though they are really good songs individually. If they had just thrown in another really heavy asskicker somewhere at the end of the album to add some dynamic it would be perfect.

I might have to see a show this year. I haven't seen them in almost a decade. Holy crap, White Pony is 10 years old this year. I remember counting the days until June 20th (I still remember the dates of albums I anticipated back then...now with leaks that doesn't happen) and riding my bike to go buy it, haha.
I'm having a difficult time connecting to this album. For me, there aren't a lot of special moments standing out like in previous albums just yet, and a lot of the songs sound too similar. I refuse to give up on it though. Just gotta keep listening! I think a lil bit of vino and headphones would do the trick.
Wow. They're playing at a really small club in my town (Crocodile Rock Cafe...Ours played there in '08) and I was able to scoop a pair. I don't even know if I will be living here by then, but I am excited :punk:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alice In Chains deftones and mastodon digenger 7 943 05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Tiph_Tiph