Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tour Dates *Updated 10/5, NEW Culture Fix Show 10/29 Added*
Formica, hopefully, there'll be more dates coming soon. Like, an Atlanta one. I'm still figuring maybe there'll be a NYC/NJ/Philly one around the beginning of October since he'll be in Boston/Buffalo the end of Sept. (which is an awesome time to be here, the weather is fabulous)
I have absolutely no doubt about an Atlanta show. I just have this need to see him a bunch of times when he comes anywhere within a state or two. Plus, I have a HUGE desire to see him ON my birthday. I don't think that will happen though. *sigh*
Formica Linoleum Wrote:I have absolutely no doubt about an Atlanta show. I just have this need to see him a bunch of times when he comes anywhere within a state or two. Plus, I have a HUGE desire to see him ON my birthday. I don't think that will happen though. *sigh*

Oh I totally hear you. Because I have the same desire & need to see him whenever he comes within reasonable distance to me. I'm going to be 30 in April - I've been saying that Erin's had him on her birthday (Boston 2008) with me, and Jolie got him for HER birthday - so I think we both deserve Jimmy on our respective birthdays, don't you? Smile
SarahBeth Wrote:[quote=Formica Linoleum]
I'm going to be 30 in April - I've been saying that Erin's had him on her birthday (Boston 2008) with me, and Jolie got him for HER birthday - so I think we both deserve Jimmy on our respective birthdays, don't you? Smile

LOL. I'm really sure if I deserve it, but it would be such a nice way to celebrate. Especially since I'm not really looking forward to being thirty. So yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Even if he isn't here the first of September, I'll celebrate after the fact.
Hard Rock Cafe in Boston? Ugh.
Formica Linoleum Wrote:
SarahBeth Wrote:[quote=Formica Linoleum]
I'm going to be 30 in April - I've been saying that Erin's had him on her birthday (Boston 2008) with me, and Jolie got him for HER birthday - so I think we both deserve Jimmy on our respective birthdays, don't you? Smile

LOL. I'm really sure if I deserve it, but it would be such a nice way to celebrate. Especially since I'm not really looking forward to being thirty. So yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Even if he isn't here the first of September, I'll celebrate after the fact.

It would be a fabulous way to celebrate indeed. Smile

Quote:Hard Rock Cafe in Boston? Ugh.

I've never been to the HRC to see a show, but I'm excited that he's coming back here anyway. I'm not excited about the parking prospects there because its RIGHT downtown and BLOWS. I could take the train but IMO, if I'm coming straight from work, it's more trouble then its worth.
Green line to Government Center station is fine for me, but if it goes too late then you can't take the T back as the T stop running at midnight.  I know they used to have night owl buses or whatever they were called, but they're not abundant.
spaz Wrote:Green line to Government Center station is fine for me, but if it goes too late then you can't take the T back as the T stop running at midnight.  I know they used to have night owl buses or whatever they were called, but they're not abundant.

I know. I'll probably drive in and park at the Common Garage or something and just walk. I know there are a couple of Garages near Fanueil Hall since the HRC has moved over there but not sure how much they are. I do know a lot of garages in Boston do night rates and its cheaper.
Strongly considering Boston on my birthday. The only hinderance would be finances, I believe...and finding a babysitter...
New York show added! YEAH!

Jimmy Gnecco @ Don Hill's
Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 7:00pm
Don Hill's, New York, NY
toffypie Wrote:Strongly considering Boston on my birthday. The only hinderance would be finances, I believe...and finding a babysitter...

That's what grandparents are for! Or get some earplugs and take the little one along. :/
toffypie Wrote:Strongly considering Boston on my birthday. The only hinderance would be finances, I believe...and finding a babysitter...

OMG COME!!! <3

You have.....time to figure this out.

Also, will add the NYC show to the first post (didn't see it on his web page though!)
Just added the NYC date to the first post.
Iiiii am moving to Atlanta (from not-so-musical Iowa) at the end of this month. I demand an Atlanta date! Don't make me throw a tantrum.
tokyorca Wrote:Iiiii am moving to Atlanta (from not-so-musical Iowa) at the end of this month. I demand an Atlanta date! Don't make me throw a tantrum.

You will not that decision in terms of the music scene here. Plus, where there is a Jimmy in Atlanta, there is almost always a James. Big Grin

And just for a welcome to Atlanta for you... Jimmy should play here on the first of September. Wink I'm kidding. But not really.
tokyorca Wrote:Iiiii am moving to Atlanta (from not-so-musical Iowa) at the end of this month. I demand an Atlanta date! Don't make me throw a tantrum.

YAY! Have a safe move! And I'm sure Jimmy doesn't want you to throw a tantrum....

Quote:And just for a welcome to Atlanta for you... Jimmy should play here on the first of September. Wink I'm kidding. But not really.

Yes, what Formica said. Its looking like I'll be in ATL the first weekend in Nov. I'd be ok with an ATL date then too. Heee.

(I enjoy confusing Jimmy. He knows I'm from Boston but then I show up in places like....Nashville. and Atlanta. And NYC - although that's not too far of a stretch from where I am). Erin and I also enjoy confusing Duke from PJA. Smile
SarahBeth Wrote:(I enjoy confusing Jimmy. He knows I'm from Boston but then I show up in places like....Nashville. and Atlanta. And NYC - although that's not too far of a stretch from where I am). Erin and I also enjoy confusing Duke from PJA. Smile

haha, I'm from Australia, sometimes live in the UK and I show up all over the place. Its fun =D
Oh my!

Jimmy Gnecco Opening for A-ha
Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 6:30pm
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 8:00pm
Forest National, Brussels, Belgium

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 8:00pm
Le Zenith de Paris, Paris, France

Lucky Europeans.
Adding them in!! I also just saw a few more in Spain!

Too cool!!
i just wanna know how the heck that came about, opening for A-Ha! That is amazing! Wish I could be over in Europe, you lucky butts. Really, I just need to win the lottery and follow Jimmy around as if he were Jerry Garcia.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new tour! blasko66 0 214 01-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: blasko66
Big Grin Chicago show 8-29-21? eyestheskies 1 247 09-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  the tour is here! blasko66 0 218 06-16-2021, 03:32 PM
  August 2016 Tour SarahBeth 17 2,383 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Penny Dreadful fans will see someone familiar at tonight's show blasko66 2 1,041 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  nov 28 nyc show starlit 8 1,789 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
  summer tour!!!!!!!!! starlit 1 921 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
  Spring Tour, 2014 jade 7 961 05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jade
  nj show 4/19/14 starlit 8 1,012 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: northstar80