Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
killtheband.com
So, I'd like to talk about this some more, but not in the other thread. :-)

I've been a huge disappointment. I had a lot of plans to re-energize the site and then a few things happened, some my own fault, and others beyond my control.

I never really could contact or communicate with Formica's husband that well. I don't blame him. He's gone through something horrid. But he didn't get back to me about my questions regarding the site. I don't even have passwords to access it. And he's not responded to my emails. I stopped reaching out because I don't want to bother the man. I don't want to pester him and I won't. I'd rather build an entirely new website from scratch.

I've also recently had some bad health issues that I won't bore you with, but it was serious (surgery, etc.), and it's taken me a long time to recover.

So here I am. I'm still going to continue to pay for the domain name, and I plan to do that as long as we want this site. It's an honor, really.

SarahBeth! You once offered to help me with killtheband.com. Do you have access to the back end of the site? Do you have the passwords? Would we be able to take control of it without Formica's husband's help or approval? I'm not sure how this works.
I can't promise a lot, but I've hosted sites for years (such as http://www.665.org/ourstvonline/ ) and will lend a hand if possible. Let me know.

-Scott
Quote:SarahBeth! You once offered to help me with killtheband.com. Do you have access to the back end of the site? Do you have the passwords? Would we be able to take control of it without Formica's husband's help or ]approval? I'm not sure how this works.

I have to look through my email but I'm pretty sure I still have the access to the back end of the site and we should be able to keep going with it. I also I think still have the files of old posts that I was re-uploading - But I'm not sure because they were on my old computer that DIED, I need to look.

I am happy to help though. Smile
This topic came up again in the Cobalt Lounge thread in the Recordings section. Here's what I said:

Quote:I pay for the domain name. And sadly enough, I was also rude to the guy who showed up out of nowhere complaining about killtheband.com. And, if I recall, I was the only one on this message board who was rude to that guy. No one else was. I said this fan site was nice; I never said that I was.

I wanted to help improve the main site. I have a lot of ideas. At that time, though, I was working two full-time jobs. I attempted to start on it, but I ran into some issues of not knowing passwords, etc. I tried to contact her husband, but he never responded.

Then, last February, I became extremely ill (like, hospital, emergency, CPR, operation ill). It took a good six months for me to feel up to doing anything again. My situation is better now (only one job, yay!), but I've yet to get started on it. It's on the To-Do list.

At this point, I need to start this or it will remain on the to-do list forever. Sinistas and Sarah, shall we begin? We need a way to communicate off the board.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  killtheband.com Username 49 5,575 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Username
  killtheband.com updated 10/23/11 Formica Linoleum 37 5,398 11-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Last Post: jade