Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend or Find New Music!
Hi, DutchOven138!

No, I'm referring to the band Carney that is composed of brothers Zane and Reeve Carney, Aiden Moore, and John Epcar. All have an academic background in jazz performance, and the band formed while the members were still in school.

Funny you should ask about this band, though, as I am about to post more about them and another band, their now-labelmates, The Kin, in another, related thread soon. Have wanted to for some time now, but put it off . . . so you just gave me the kick in the pants I needed. Thanks! ;-)
I gotcha. I'm gonna check it out.. I thought you meant this one:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carny/13915912915

I'm going to add O'Brother. I don't know if anyone mentioned them but they are on heavy rotation for me right now.
Going to see one of my very favorite bands, The Kin, for the first time tonight at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA.  I haven't felt this excited to see a band since I first saw Ours in July 2001.

Anyone in NOVA looking for something to do tonight will NOT regret checking out these guys!  I'm talkin' "living legend" material right here!  

ETA:  You ridiculously lucky NYC-area folks don't have to wait years to see these guys at a venue near you--you can catch The Kin at Rockwood Music Hall, where they currently have a residency and perform every Thursday evening.  
northstar80 Wrote:Going to see one of my very favorite bands, The Kin, for the first time tonight at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA.  I haven't felt this excited to see a band since I first saw Ours in July 2001.

Anyone in NOVA looking for something to do tonight will NOT regret checking out these guys!  I'm talkin' "living legend" material right here!  

ETA:  You ridiculously lucky NYC-area folks don't have to wait years to see these guys at a venue near you--you can catch The Kin at Rockwood Music Hall, where they currently have a residency and perform every Thursday evening.  

Haven't been on here in a while but I read your post and it reminded me of how much i miss home! I'm from Fairfax and have been going to jammin java since it opened. I'm jealous!
thinktwice Wrote:
northstar80 Wrote:Going to see one of my very favorite bands, The Kin, for the first time tonight at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA.  I haven't felt this excited to see a band since I first saw Ours in July 2001.

Haven't been on here in a while but I read your post and it reminded me of how much i miss home! I'm from Fairfax and have been going to jammin java since it opened. I'm jealous!

It is an awesome venue, indeed. I only "discovered" it since moving about 65 miles closer a little over a year ago. It's still a good 110+ miles away, but it's well worth the drive to see bands there. No city-driving headaches, either, except for the occasional beltway traffic!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music game Fiasco! 183 30,274 03-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Last Post: rhettricol
Smile post you favorite YouTube music videos KillTheBand 13 3,753 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Last Post: aaronsharapova
  amazing music video and song digenger 1 579 01-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Last Post: owaispoul
  For Those Of You Who Like Music So Heavy It Can Make Someone Vomit toolerawk 3 650 03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Can Rick Rubin Save the Music Industry? (LONG READ) SoundscapeMN 5 1,289 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AnthonyDaniel
  D_composure "Faking The Deathwish" Music Video Now Up! TheMoth 3 722 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  OURS myspace music profile rekey 7 1,115 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN