Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nov 28 nyc show
@rockwood music hall

who's going??????
I was there. It was a very brief show (one hour), as Rockwood books multiple acts back-to-back each night. Jimmy's opener sounded great, and she and Chris Goodlof performed with him on a few songs.

Jimmy played Light on the Grave, Mystery, Red Colored Stars, The Heart, Here Is the Light, Darling, Fallen Flower, and I'm going to guess the names here . . . I'm Your Man(?), No More Money (?), and maybe one other one. The new songs were excellent, as usual.

Not much else to report, as Jimmy kept the talking to a minimum due to the brief time he was allotted to perform. The venue basically kicked us out immediately after the show to make room for the next group, so there wasn't much of an opportunity to hang out afterward.

Jimmy sounded great, though, and was stylin' as always.

I'm longing for "An evening with . . ." sometime soon. Say, at Jammin' Java or a similarly awesome venue. Hopefully the new year will bring some more show dates.
sounds awesome!! thanks so much for sharing. i am SO fucking overdue for a show! my new year's resolution is to get to a fucking show!!

i am longing for a two hour, full band, dance party show, starting with "sometimes," hitting "mercy" as a mid-point, and ending with a way too long, spaced-out jam of "autumn."
Damn, I'd kill to break the Ours curse about now. . . lol. . . no-lol.
I'm hoping for a full-length show in the new year too. It's been too long since he's been up in Boston, and 2 years since the Bowery show in NYC (which is the last one my now-husband and I went to I think). Party in NJ/NYC/Boston/Philly-area-ish in the new year perhaps? One can hope.

Thanks for the report northstar. Smile
is this where i start my annual chant? TOUR TOUR TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll join in the chant now, too!

Yeah, I wasn't feeling up for the six hours of driving or really much of anything on Saturday, but I forced myself to go when I realized that I hadn't seen JG since the School of Rock show. I looked at the Instagram pic I posted from that show and saw that I posted it 83 weeks ago! That was what prompted me to make the journey. I'm still exhausted, but I need this stuff to keep going, so it was well worth it!
Of course, out here on the West Coast, I will always be chanting for another tour, haha. It's been a couple years since Ours were out in Oregon, but it feels even longer contrasted against how frequently I listen to 'em.
eveofabyss Wrote:Of course, out here on the West Coast, I will always be chanting for another tour, haha. It's been a couple years since Ours were out in Oregon, but it feels even longer contrasted against how frequently I listen to 'em.

TOTALLY agree!! we need an I5 run! seattle-portland-salem-eugene!!!!

TOUR TOUR TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Chicago show 8-29-21? eyestheskies 1 247 09-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Penny Dreadful fans will see someone familiar at tonight's show blasko66 2 1,041 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Last Post: starlit
  nj show 4/19/14 starlit 8 1,012 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: northstar80
  8/19/2013 Middle East Show in Cambridge, MA luciddream71 9 1,144 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
  8.10.13 prophet bar show review & pics starlit 12 1,086 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Last Post: watchtower
  bowery show review starlit 1 580 07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  Atlanta show 5/29/13 chilibun 3 784 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  Charlotte show, 06/04 Xxtayce 16 1,367 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: chilibun
Big Grin Black Card holders & plus ones:  Who's attending the 5/14 show? northstar80 12 1,458 05-18-2013, 08:01 AM