Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticketmaster settlement
Has anyone scored any tickets to free shows?
I wrangled two out of three for shows I wanted. They sold out of the voucher allotments quickly.
Almost everyone I've talked to is unaware that they have not only small monetary vouchers available but also free show vouchers. So check your accounts. If Ours is at any Live Nation-owned venues then you may get in for free.
I don't recall receiving any correspondence about this from Ticketmaster, although I am sure I made plenty of purchases between 1999 and 2013. Good to hear that at least some folks are benefiting from the lawsuit and that Ticketmaster received a whack on the wrist. Perhaps this case will set a precedent for future lawsuits against other companies that tack on ridiculous fake fees, as well.
Ticketmaster hasn't emailed anyone. I got something from the law firm that went into my spam folder a long time ago and I kept getting things from them. When the date in the email hit, I checked my Ticketmaster account (I didn't go through the link on the email as I wasn't convinced it was legit) and there were vouchers.
If you go to "my account" at the bottom left menu is a "voucher" section and that's where you'll find them.
Their fees are so awful and they're a monopoly. Overall, I just loathe Ticketmaster but they've been the only game in town, so to speak, for a long time.
blasko66 Wrote:Ticketmaster hasn't emailed anyone. I got something from the law firm that went into my spam folder a long time ago and I kept getting things from them. When the date in the email hit, I checked my Ticketmaster account (I didn't go through the link on the email as I wasn't convinced it was legit) and there were vouchers.
If you go to "my account" at the bottom left menu is a "voucher" section and that's where you'll find them.
Their fees are so awful and they're a monopoly. Overall, I just loathe Ticketmaster but they've been the only game in town, so to speak, for a long time.

HOLY CRAP!!  Nothing was there when I checked in June, and now I have vouchers for 16 FREE TICKETS and about $18 in discounts!!!

It will be interesting to see which shows are deemed "eligible" for the use of the free ticket vouchers.  I'm not going to get my hopes up, lol.  

Ironically, due to hearing issues, I don't really go to loud arena-like shows any more and just stick to small, acoustic-style shows in coffee houses--generally, the types of shows that don't book through Ticketmaster.  I wish TM would have just cut checks for us all, even if the value were less than that of all these vouchers!

Edit: I just checked the listing of eligible shows, and TM would not accept my voucher for the only one I wanted to attend. Guess the vouchers are only for the crappiest seats in the house (i.e., behind columns, nosebleeds, etc.). What a joke!
The free vouchers are for general admission at Live Nation venues only. Some of them are at clubs and some are arenas. Every time they release a list of the shows eligible the voucher allotment goes quickly but they're good for four years so there's that, I suppose.
Yeah, I'd rather have had a check too, lol. However, this is better than nothing at all and they've been fleecing people for decades. Their fees are still disgusting though.
We have one really great club-type venue in Louisville that's on the Live Nation list and there's always Bogart's in Cinci but, of course, they have nothing scheduled that I'm interested in. Saw several shows there this year before TM unleashed the vouchers so it would've been nice to use them then.
Those silly $2.25 vouchers can be used for ANYTHING. . . which at least helps the pain on their massive fees.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ticketmaster/Live Nation Merger Trathena 0 529 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Trathena