Bleed
Across the Clouds (Spectacular Sight)
Ashes to Ashes (with Royston Langdon)
Made to Love
Sometimes
Ran Away to Tell the World
I Heard You Singing
The Heart

The venue was. . . different. The doors were 90 minutes before the start so I arrived right at 90 minutes before because I wanted to be right up front. I expected a club vibe but it was more like dinner theater. You had people dressed up (not me) and dressed down (yeah, me). Definitely a nice venue but it is a restaurant and it seemed weird to have artisan flatbread while watching anyone sing in ambient lighting. I ended up near the front but to the side because of the odd set up and I felt weird sitting at the head of a long Viking-esque table so I took a seat at a table for four to the side.
(I'm going back to see Procol Harum (bucket list!) next month but that will be in their larger concert setting at the same place.)
Anyway, for as awkward as the venue felt, the show was great. I don't know if anyone performing felt the odd vibes or not. It sort of felt weirdly uptight to me. No one sang along. There was clapping but not the usual rowdier hollers. Talking to people afterwards it seemed like no one really knew how to act so they mostly stayed quiet.
Jimmy didn't do a whole lot of talking but he did discuss that the new album is coming and Hannah Gernard, the opening act, also has an EP out (for free) at the merch table. It was produced by Jimmy and April and recorded at Echo Wing. April played most of the songs with Jimmy and Hannah did back up vocals on two of them. He briefly spoke about Royston's prior group Spacehog before they sang Ashes to Ashes for David Bowie.
I expected more new songs or more solo stuff. The set was surprisingly DL heavy, which was great. I thought we might get one or two but not four and not necessarily those four. Hannah and Royston had normal lighting but Jimmy's was pink so. . . my pics will probably look better in black and white.
He did not stay after. About six of us hung out by the hall but to no avail. He went by me on the way backstage directly after his set (backstage is the kitchen entrance two feet from where I was sitting) and gave me a nod and smile. I assume because I had an Ours shirt on.
(I really had to size-down the photo for it to post on here.)
Thanks for sharing ! Since the tour started I haven't seen a setlist.
I'm just watching the reports from far away without any chance of going to one of the tour dates. My impression is that there are some venues like the one here in Nashville that you described. Sorry to hear Jimmy didn't stay and you weren't able to talk to him.
nice review!

I have come to try and but not really expect to talk to the band members at most shows. Although Jimmy is coming to The Entry in Minneapolis in March and that is 1 exception given there's really nowhere for the band to go where the crowd can't access.

Anyway, the set list is a little surprising per not much from New Age Heroine, although at least FLY was in there which I hope he keeps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimmy Gnecco 9/22/10 Mercy Lounge Nashville jlatham 46 5,660 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  12th & Porter 12/19/08 - Nashville Acrobat 71 9,692 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Acrobat
  Free Nashville Show.... Sanzen 12 1,584 10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Last Post: razzledazzle
  7/23/08 Exit Inn Nashville QuietShadow 6 1,037 07-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Nine
  I'm off to Nashville lsnowden 16 2,007 03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Last Post: QuietShadow
  nashville and louisville set lists lsnowden 0 618 06-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Last Post: lsnowden
  2/10/07 Nashville Show jlatham 43 4,938 02-14-2007, 09:01 PM