Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Album Name and Release Date!
I'm sure everyone knows about this already, but for those of you who haven't: Ours sent out an email today with this:

[Image: OursIII.jpg]

Yeah, my jaw is going to be on the floor for a while. Not a ton of information, but enough to have me sooooo excited. The name is apparently 'III', so we can all spend the next two seasons theorizing about that and the correlation to BtB 1...

Yay! New music soon!
Yeah I'm a bit confused by the album name, but new music!! Shame I live in Europe and don't have a chance to attend the show and get a free song. Hopefully it will be shared with those of us who have no other way of getting it Sad
Yeah, I really want to get that free song too. I'm sure it will make its way to the internet not too long after.

As for the name, I'm assuming Ours are releasing this series anumerically. Jimmy mentioned before having multiple albums worth of material to release. So going off of that, the Ballet the Boxer series could be a multiple-album concept, which, for artistic purposes, is being presented in a particular order (I, III, II?).

That's my guess anyway.
yeah, or the title may refer to something involving a 3rd era of the band, etc.

A concept album with the number 3, or III.

excited of course and I would imagine the free track will find its way online sooner than later.
Maybe it's a countdown! So eventually we'll get Ours One and it will be everything we ever dreamed of!
Also, that middle "I" is blurred, which highlights the others bringing "II" into focus.
Ooooh, what if it's a covert double-album, II and III? The theorizing is pretty fun...
So...anyone here who was there? Any news on the song?
eveofabyss Wrote:Ooooh, what if it's a covert double-album, II and III? The theorizing is pretty fun...

I like that theory a lot! After 15+ years since DL, I'd say we're about due for a double album!
Black Card Holders Email:...new album is titled "Spectacular Sight" being released on June 27th, 2017.

BC Holders will get an email with a download on the 26th.
Maybe before I die they'll offer the black card again.
But anyway. . . Confusedhock:
Over this time we have completed multiple records and as a sign of our appreciation we will email you a copy of the next one as a gift when it is complete. The timeline between these two records shouldn't be too long and again we thank you and send you our love.
The Black Cards are odd. I wonder if a renewal is required.

http://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/sear...Black+Card

June 27th, 2017 mine and many others will be expired.
I wonder if the title could be

"III: Spectacular Sight"?

http://www.jimmygnecco.com/jgnews/ours-r...ase-party/

[Image: Ours-Record-Release-Spectacular-Sight-.jpg?w=600]
Maybe this is part one and part two will follow?
yay!!!!!!!
So excited!

Also, there was an email sent out today, which included the following:

"...As for what is next, we have spent the last few years recording a portion of the vast amount of songs that I have. As of now it looks like we have three or four records worth of songs recorded. I'm not really interested in signing a record deal unless the right person or company comes along, so for now, we will plan on releasing these records under the Cage Recording label from our EchoWing headquarters. The final record in a series of 3, 'Spectacular Sight' is set for June release of this year. It is unclear to us just how much we will tour, or when the second record of the series will come out, but we will keep you posted."

I'm really intrigued about the release order for this series. The final record, 'Spectacular Sight', is coming out next. Do we think 'Ballet the Boxer 1' is being included in this series?
Perhaps the concept behind the nonconsecutive numbering is that time is nonlinear and illusory, and that all moments exist in the eternal Now; therefore, it matters not the order in which the albums are released. XD
eveofabyss Wrote:So excited!

Also, there was an email sent out today, which included the following:

"...As for what is next, we have spent the last few years recording a portion of the vast amount of songs that I have. As of now it looks like we have three or four records worth of songs recorded. I'm not really interested in signing a record deal unless the right person or company comes along, so for now, we will plan on releasing these records under the Cage Recording label from our EchoWing headquarters. The final record in a series of 3, 'Spectacular Sight' is set for June release of this year. It is unclear to us just how much we will tour, or when the second record of the series will come out, but we will keep you posted."

I'm really intrigued about the release order for this series. The final record, 'Spectacular Sight', is coming out next. Do we think 'Ballet the Boxer 1' is being included in this series?

Was this from a black card email?
(asks the person who never got to buy one)
Yeah, it was an email mostly about the original purpose of the Black Card, and what significance it will have moving forward.

If no one objects to it, here's the part of the email concerning Black Cards:
Quote:As we approach the events of this upcoming year, and all Black Cards expire, we would like you to know how much we appreciate your support. Should we hold any special events besides the release party, you will all be invited to join us. As of now, we don't have plans to renew the card idea, but we will let you know should that change. At the time that we offered the cards, there were a few things on the horizon that we wanted to make sure those who wanted to be included in, would have the opportunity to do so. It's important to us that you know this wasn't just a cash grab. It was a way to offer special events in this ever changing world of technology, and it also gave us a way to keep track of who was there. Through the years the operating costs have well exceeded any sort of profit. Now that we have your information, we know exactly who has been a part of this and should anything special come up, you will all be first on the list. Thank you for taking the ride with us.
I'm not fully caught up on the forums yet, but I haven't seen anyone mention that the "III" in the image is really "II" as the "I" in the middle is blurred out. Ballet the Boxer's full name was "Ballet the Boxer, vol 1". If I had to guess, I'd say it seems like "Spectacular Sight" is volume 2, and the next album after this will be "vol 3" of this series.

[Image: 240px-OURS_Ballet_the_Boxer_1.jpg?w=240]  [Image: Ours-Record-Release-Spectacular-Sight-.jpg?h=300]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoe released an album blasko66 0 287 11-16-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  Singles, Album, Tour SoundscapeMN 5 994 10-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
Bug New album - dumb question delight 2 985 01-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: delight
  Listening Party (for the new album) in early 2016 SoundscapeMN 4 1,155 06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  New solo album in the works jade 35 3,400 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Last Post: HOURS
  Favorite to date? Xxtayce 9 1,080 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: eveofabyss
  Pledge Music : New Album ! silke 387 75,948 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: starlit
  album release party - may 14 jmwood42 1 794 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Thought about the upcoming album luciddream71 6 959 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Who should produce Ours' next album? northstar80 15 1,654 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: northstar80